X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ww1 scenario idea

Germany starts off at war with only france and russia,
    Germany would have to capture poland, Lithuania, Lavita, capture paris and
    sevreal northern france cities as well as a few french colanies, and at the same time, help austria-hungary defeat serbia and capture sevrel russian cities in
    western ukraine, the only way to quickly defeat france would be to go through belgium, and if germany attacks belgium then britain would declare war on germany. I did a lot of research on the causes and ambitions of ww1 and came up with this. What do you think?
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

It's a good idea. Jesus Munoz used it in his WW1 scenario which you can find on the Spanish site. He put immobile infantry of major powers in neutral cities as triggers, eg. a British unit in Brussels, a Russian unit in Belgrade, etc.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

and mabe a transport ship ferrying supplies that when you sink it the us declares war, the special transport would be identacle to the regular transports but if u sink it the us will declare war. It would show up around 1917 and it's sinking would represent the sinking of the laconia.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

What about the Ottoman Empire? How big of a role will they have? And how deeply into Africa do you plan to run your colonial campaign?

Comment

the ottomon empire would need a way of falling apart,
          mabe having not enough income to maintain it,
          i guess they would want to rebuild themselves and reclaim
          their former glory

Comment

Perhaps also having certain Middle Eastern cities begin in civil disorder. And don't forget the British campaigns in the region. Oh, and thanks for the ship on my thread. It's great!

Comment

i have a pile of japanese pre-dreadnaughts and 1 semi-dreadnought, i'll post them sometime.

Comment

The Schlieffen plan was based on the idea that Russia required a long time to mobilise. Perhaps you could start with Russian units a long way away - how big a map are you planning to use? Perhaps you could use the events file to add new Russian units or perhaps Russian units are part built at the start of the scenario and it takes x moves to complete them.

RJM at Sleeper's
                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

all my info can be found here

"Terrible! The Almighty cannot be provoked! A Higher Power has restored that order which unfortunately I was unable to maintain."
                  The Emperor upon hearing of the Archduke's assassination

"Now we can no longer hold back. It will be a terrible war."
                  The Emperors response to the German "blank check"

"Also Doch! (It has come after all!)"
                  The Emperor on Serbian mobilization

Comment

and here is a map of europe in 1914

Comment

The map would be a map of the world but europe would need to be enlarged so that there is more room for things in europe, i need to do a lot of research into what each side would be doing.
                      The civs would probably be
                      -Great britain and the commonwealth,
                      -The Russian Empire
                      -Germany, Austria, Turkey
                      -France
                      -Italy
                      -Japan
                      -The US
                      -Neutral Nations
                      a european version's civs
                      Britain
                      France
                      Russia
                      Germany
                      Austria
                      Turkey
                      Italy
                      Neutrals
                      Last edited by Broken_Erika; January 2, 2005, 04:06.

Comment

In which civ version shall it be made?
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

Will your tech tree include poison gas? flame thrower? tanks? creeping barrage?

Presumably the first three could be available to all industrial nations, just a matter of deciding which to go for first.

Perhaps the creeping barrage could be preceeded by something - artillery bombardment?

Do you have any thoughts on including (or not) Gallipolli?

RJM at Sleeper's
                          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

mabe tot, but probably mge, tot doesn't like my system for some reason
                            (i am in way over my head here )
                            i guess gallipoli could be represented by a seires
                            of fortresses with high defence units, and a lot of troops would be needed to take it, like 1 open land square and a line of fortresses with fortified turkish soldiers,
                            Last edited by Broken_Erika; December 31, 2004, 19:50.

Comment

germany's answer to the british whippet tank, i don't think any of them saw any action, after the armistice germany sold all of them to sweden. Sweden had them in ww2

Comment

Working...
                              X