No announcement yet.

Empire of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and some japanese cruisers(somebody stop me )
    i just can't stop making these things
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by typhoon
      What about Singapore? Second greatest defeat after Yorktown.
      While Singapore was also a massive cock-up, at least it was worth defending, and the Malayan campaign was always winable for the Commonwealth. Hong Kong was too close to Japan to be defendable, and common sence should have demanded that it be surrendered without a fight (much like the Channel Islands were abandoned to the Germans in 1940).

ANd Winston was kicked out because he wasn't sold on the Beveridge plan.
      I don't buy the view that Churchill's leadership was universally admired the British people. Lots of Britons hated him throughout the war, and it seems that a very large chunk of the men in the armed forces thought that his leadership stank.

IMO, the view that he was almost universally admired during the war is an American perception which later flowed back to Britain. The size of the 1945 defeat strongly indicates that the voting public had little confidence in his leadership. The fact that Churchill didn't see it coming indicates that he was cut off from reality.
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Churchill was a war monger who was put into power to face Hitler, and once Hitler was neutralised they kicked out churchill. Churhill was also the genius behind the brilliant
        Gallipoli offencive.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

Hey, could someone please make me another unit graphic? I need a 'Panama Canal Zone' unit, which will be a near invulnerable naval unit with a 0 movement that will belong to the US and block up the one space allowing passage through the canal, thus allowing the US player to pass through but preventing the Japanese from doing so (ideally, the British, Dutch, and Soviets shouldn't need to, and the Chinese and Thai have no naval units available to them). I'm not sure what it would look like, but could someone please come up with something? Thanks!

Comment

Mabe you could try having a city where the canal is,
            thats how i make canals, anyways, i'll give it a shot

edit: i just realised this, having panama canal as a city gives it a strategic sense, the u.s. would have to defend it and the japanese would have to take it

Comment

That is definitely a valid point. I think that should work, but if you do come up with a neat canal graphic, it might be more esthetically pleasing to have that instead (but I'll use the city idea otherwise).

Now, I do need one more graphic. I know this is nitpicking, but Jamaica appears on the map I'm using (I chose Jim Panse's map, ultimately), and, whereas for neutrals, I just build their capital, convert it to a barbarian city with Mercator's city editor, and put immobile 'N Garrison' units to defend it. Jamaica, however, was a Commonwealth country, and the few units they contributed were to Europe. I thought I'd have it defended by immobile British 'Jamaican Infantry,' but I actually need a Jamaican infantry graphic. I don't know what Jamaica's colonial flag looked like, or what uniform or equipment they used, but I've heard their troops were permitted to wear dreadlocks. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Comment

Hey, if no one's got that specific of a unit, how about just a general British Caribbean garrison unit. That would do nicely, too. Will someone please respond. It's been almost three days. Have I displeased a high power?

Comment

I am up to my eyeballs, i've givin the canal graphic sevrel attempts, they all look like @$$!,

Comment

Don't worry about the canal, Erika. I've decided to take your advice and use a city (probably a pop 1 city with just a barracks, airport, coastal fortress, and port facility and a few units to garrison it).

Comment

• What happens if it gets destroyed?

Wait, mabe you could make it bigger but resstrict the shield production to just maintain the garrisoned units,

Comment

• That's a good point. Though restricting shield production to maintainance levels isn't hard for a Demacracy (which the US would be). Maybe setting it at 3 or 4 pop with city fortifications (the scen's renamed walls).

Comment

• Why not just use generic British infantry to garrison the islands? Would save up an extra slot which could be used for a plane, tank or ship....

Comment

• You're probably right, Typhoon. Somehow, that escaped my logic (I must be too anal, nowadays).

Comment

• How are the units coming along? mabe you could post a preview?

Comment

• Sure thing. Here's what I'm currently working with. If anyone has a question as to what something actually is, just ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X