No announcement yet.

Empire of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a Spitfire by Fairline/Nemo and a touched up Zero by Catfish/Nemo. On the spitfire I changed the cockpit and shields and the zero I only changed the propeller . I can't find a P-40 that I think looks good enough to fit in with Fairline's ToT units. I have been combing through my files and can't seem to find a B-24 either. I have the one that was posted and one or two more of the same just recoloured. Does anybody know for sure the preferred color scheme for B-24's in the pacific. I am betting on army olive drab but silver (unpainted) would make more sense. No paint= less weight = greater range.
    Last edited by Jimmywax; January 24, 2005, 08:35.
    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Thanks a lot, Jimmywax! That's a great help for my units file!

Comment

• I just deleted my previous attachment. I just spent about eight hours working on a P-40 Warhawk for ya'. I can only say it is a damn good thing I am laid off for a couple of weeks or else I would be screwed tomorrow. I also included a Kittyhawk and further tweaked the spitfire and zero. I hope you all like them, I think I have really outdone myself. I haven't been this proud of a unit since I made my F-86 Sabre.
        Last edited by Jimmywax; January 24, 2005, 08:54.
        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Had to delete it again since I posted the wrong file.

Edit: Sorry, scroll down
          Last edited by Jimmywax; January 25, 2005, 02:12.
          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• On Kamikaze- if the game is designed solely for the Japanese player, there is not much reason to create such a unit-the Kamikaze attacks were desperation attacks- if the Japanese player is in such straights that he would consider a similar strategy as that used by the Japanese high command, just send out your normal fighters to the end of their operational raneg an attack, attack, attack until the plane dies. Kamikazes were a strategy, not a unit for the most part (except the Baka and such, but again, that is all based on desperation)

If Japan is played by the computer, such a unit should not be available until the situation was very difficult (like Okinawa or Iwo Jima fall).
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Patine: here is my latest tweak, maybe this time I will wait a day or two and get all my tweaking out of the way before I post again.
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• I also found this:
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Sorry to take so long responding. Thanks a lot, Jimmywax, for the planes; much appreciated! As for your suggestion GePap, I think I might use the Baka Okha after all in that slot, given it could have come into significant play and, being loaded with explosives and jet powered, it could have been more potent than a standard plane's Kamakaze (which I agree could just be done by attacking at the plane's max operational range.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patine
                    Sorry to take so long responding. Thanks a lot, Jimmywax, for the planes; much appreciated! As for your suggestion GePap, I think I might use the Baka Okha after all in that slot, given it could have come into significant play and, being loaded with explosives and jet powered, it could have been more potent than a standard plane's Kamakaze (which I agree could just be done by attacking at the plane's max operational range.
                    Personally I would like to see the Baka Okha flying into action. Maybe make it available after the capture of one of the home islands like Okinawa.

P.S. Did Baka Ohka mean "cherry blossom" or "lotus blossom". And could I possibly get your units file and a copy of the rules.txt. My e-mail is nakedtime247@hotmail.com I was just curious to see what you had and if I could possibly improve on any of the graphics.
                    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmywax
                      nakedtime247@hotmail.com
                      So you're the one who took it! Damn you!

Comment

• "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Ok I know no one cares but, "baka" means fool and "Ohka" means cherry blossom. It was the Baka to American pilots and the Ohka to Japanese pilots.

Man being laid off really sucks so far.
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• I had had problems in the bug concerning making civilization advances unique to certain civs. I found a thread after digging a bit that told me to make a new .scn file to get this feature to work, and then test it with the .scn file, not the working .sav file. First, I saved my current .sav file as a new .scn file (from the cheat menu), but when I loaded it, it went through the process of choosing a player, difficulty, and name, then gave a brief glimpse of the beginning map and shut down, with no error message (the music was even still playing). Then I began a new game, saved it as an .scn file in the scen folder, and loaded it, and the same thing happened. However, the .sav file works just fine, but still registers all techs as researchable by all players. What could be wrong, and what do I do about it?
                            I still need help with this issue, but it gets worse now. When I try to create Thai Infantry (I don't know why them) with the 'Create Unit' function in the Cheat Menu, the same type of shutdown of the game occurs. I can create them by cheating them up on the build menu in cities, but I do need some outside of cities. I don't know if this problem and the one in the quote are related, just that they break down in the same way. Could someone please help me with either or both issues? Thanks!

Comment

• Okay, I've narrowed down the unit creation shutdown issue to when a unit is created next to another unit (or stack of units) of an allied country. Does anyone know why this is (as it doesn't apply in MGE)?

Also, I have a suspicion my scenario loading shutdown issue is because Future Tech is not available to everyone (I haven't yet been able to test it due to the self-same shutdown issue). Can anyone verify this or say for certain it is not so?

Comment

• Yes, the tech tree MUST be connected to future tech somwhere or it'll screw up the game every time.

You might have a tech loop somewhere. Examine your techs and their connections closely.
                                Lost in America.
                                "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                                "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                                "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Working...
                                X