Empire of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patine
    Say, Erika (or anyone else for that matter), could you also make or find me a good graphic of a Model 94?
    Originally posted by Broken_Erika
    i didn't make any of them
    Another reminder about ToT units: The Catfish Matilda and my Churchill were drawn using the full 15-bit ToT palette. The MGE versions posted here by Broke Erika have been significantly reduced in detail / colour by imposing the 256-colour MGE palette. What is the point of us making detailed ToT units if people end up using MGE versions with Test of Time??

Patine, can I suggest that you check through the extensive unit graphics threads here and at CDG, and Catfish's site, and you will generally find what you are looking for:

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by our_man
      What's to stop the player from simply disbanding these units in SE Asia cities and building their army there? Why would you need to bother sending the caravans back to the home islands at all?
      Well, one, you could disburse where they come up, so even if you decided to do so, ou would need to ship them from Island to Island-thus making shipping vulnerable- the idea here is to make it so the Japanese player has to keep their shipping lanes open or die.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• @fairline: I fully understand why you're upset. I would like, ideally, a full set of what I need in ToT format, but I don't think it's all available out there (as far as I've looked). I will, however, fully check out that link you gave me, and Catfish's s site as well. Thanks for the pointer on graphics.

@GePap: I think your idea is good, but given legal build costs don't exceed 16 rows of shields for units, at a certain level, all Japanese units would have similar costs, and bombers, aircraft carriers, and battleships, key units in the scen, would be only marginally raised in build cost, if at all.

Comment

• I posted most of the units before this scenario was moved to ToT, check the last 12 pages of the ww2-1979 thread for ToT
          units.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• I understand, Erika. Things do tend to be kind of dynamic around this forum. Do you perchance have or know of a unit for that Model 94 picture you posted on page 5?

Comment

• Well, it looks like I'll have to wait for those units. In the meantime, I've got a problem that maybe someone can help me with. It seems that with some of my units on the scen's file (only a few mind), the sigs and diamond are slightly off-color, thus appearing on-screen during play. I would have thought to delete the sigs, but fairline and AGRICOLA are right; it wouldn't be fair to the unit designers. Does anyone know of another way around the problem?

Comment

• what software are you using?
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• MSPaint is what I'm using to copy and paste the units. Any idea what's wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patine
                    Well, it looks like I'll have to wait for those units. In the meantime, I've got a problem that maybe someone can help me with. It seems that with some of my units on the scen's file (only a few mind), the sigs and diamond are slightly off-color, thus appearing on-screen during play. I would have thought to delete the sigs, but fairline and AGRICOLA are right; it wouldn't be fair to the unit designers. Does anyone know of another way around the problem?
                    When MS- Paint saves a file as .gif it does not get the Civ2 palette quite right. A quick and dirty way around this is to save all your files as .bmp's until you are ready to publish the scenario. Bitmaps will get the color right. The only catch is that your units, terrain1, terrain2, icons, and cities all have to be bitmaps or the game won't load the files. Don't worry, gifs convert well to bmps in ms-paint.

Now, a good way to ensure color quality is to cut and paste the Civ2 palette into any big graphic editing scratchpads you use. This is just like a paint palette if you were for Michelangelo. Sample from the palette to ensure color quality. The palette can be found in the Scenario League Design Tips website.

Do not use the in game unit graphic editor. It will overwrite any purple and pink colors with the diamond.

Once you are ready to publish, ask someone with Paint Shop Pro 8 and the Civ2 palette to convert the bitmaps over to gifs.

Comment

• ...and if the colors are wrong after you've saved the offending gif as a bitmap then you will have to replace the offending pink and purple with the correct colors.

Comment

• Where's the website I can find this palette? Could you please give me a link?

Comment

• Comment

• what windows are you using?

Comment

• One of the best FREE picture viewers/converters around is available here (I personally use it):

Comment

• i found a p-40, much better than the others i posted, personally something about this plane bugs me, probably beacause it looks too much like a p-47 thunderbolt, but thats beacause i am a picky perfectionist b****

Comment

Working...
                                X