Clear All

This looks very interesting Winterfritz - nice work

BTW, you really should release your Roman scenario
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Welcome back fritz
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

@ JamesJKirk and Henrik: Thanks It's good to be back.

This looks very interesting Winterfritz - nice work
        I couldn't have done it without modifying your excellent graphics for Sengoku Jidai, Fairline. So - nice work to you too

edit: And a big thanks to Harry for placing my humble scen on the scenario design news
        Last edited by winterfritz; July 18, 2004, 00:47.

Comment

What are the civs?

Comment

@winterfritz: looks nice
            But... sorry if I repeat others' question: what about your ROman scenario ??? (I can't recall it, but I've read here...)
            "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

@ Katarn07: You can play as the Ch'u, the Ch'in, the Chi, the Chao, the Han or the Wei (the Chinese civs) or, if your civ2 diet is lacking in destruction and looting, the Hsiung-nu (steppe nomads). However, the Chinese civs are recommended; they have a big new tech tree, and most improvements, units, techs etc reflect their development. The Hsiung-nu have about five techs to research and are kinda boring, unless you enjoy slowly moving hundreds of units across the Gobi desert each turn. Though conquering the entire map before the scenario ends makes for an interesting challenge.

Originally posted by Gagliaudo
              what about your ROman scenario ??? (I can't recall it, but I've read here...)
              'Roma Eterna' is an attempt to depict the troubles suffered by the Roman Empire during 268-395 AD. It is somewhat events driven and has looooong turns and lotsa cities. It is also unfinished and unreleased...

Comment

...and rather cool if my memory serves me right

Release it!
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by winterfritz
                  'Roma Eterna' is an attempt to depict the troubles suffered by the Roman Empire during 268-395 AD. It is somewhat events driven and has looooong turns and lotsa cities. It is also unfinished and unreleased...
                  And, if my memory doesn't betray me, it was really good at making you feel overwhelmed by not only the barbarians but the size of your unmanageable giant empire too (which was one of 'Fritz' purposes, and the main reason why I was a bad playtester: I'm too lazy and don't like games with many many units and cities... )

But I really think it would be worth a last effort to bring it up to date and then release it!

I might well retry a game of it tonight...
                  Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                  Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                  POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                  LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                    Release it!
                    Who am I to argue with such a strident little emoticon?

I'll see what I can do...

Comment

well, if you dislike to argue with gentle manners...
                      Release "Roma Aeterna" too
                      (when you'll be able, of course: it worths IMHO )
                      "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

I love the look of the city window icons - Somehow, it looks like it belongs in the period!

Great work!
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey, I just saw "Hero" starring Jet Li. A great movie - set in the Warring States period. So it got me wondering about "All Under Heaven". Who's played it? Do you recommend it? Any multi-player games on right now?
                          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                            Hey, I just saw "Hero" starring Jet Li. A great movie - set in the Warring States period. So it got me wondering about "All Under Heaven". Who's played it? Do you recommend it? Any multi-player games on right now?
                            OK, I'll answer myself. This is a very good scenario. I just started a game as the Ch'in. I've fought several wars against the Wei, while fighting off barbarians. I've captured 2 of their cities, no mean feat before the discovery of seige weaponry. This is a development scenario - each civ starts with only a few cities and at the bottom of the tech tree.

There is lots of trading of techs, in fact the tech tree is very well developed. It's similar to Kull's Ancient Empires scns or Exile's Age of the Crusades in that sense. Sort of a technological anthropology course outline.

Trade is also important, as is diplomacy. It seems like a very good treatment of the period, as much as I know about it.

Artwork is average. Improving the terrain and unit art would go a long way towards attracting new players, as would adding sounds. All in all, it's very fun so far. Don't let lack of familiarity with the period (if that's the case) keep you from an excellent scenario.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

With the arrival of the Hsiung-Nu, the game is turned upside down. 3 civs are wiped out within a few turns, and it's suddenly a struggle for survival against 1 power. So much for the contending states. Is this as it's supposed to be?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I would offer to work with Winterfritz to upgrade the city and terrain graphics if he wishes.

This could really be a winner with the right look.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X