Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Activision, but Atari (or Firaxis).

I looked for some contact addresses earlier, see this thread:

Should we all start e-mailing individually, or is it better to make it a group effort and write one letter with all our names on it? Perhaps also by snailmail or phone?
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yaroslav, your English is fine. I know a lot of natives that can't speak it to save their lives.

As for emailing individually, I think that can be more like harassment than anything else. Sure the company needs to know that there is a demand for the source, but a concerted petition could be a lot more professional. Remember that Poly was thanked in the credits to one of the Civ games, more for the support of the people on the site rather than just a bunch of individuals.

But who knows, maybe both would work???

Comment

BTW, I volunteer to be one of the programmers if that thing even come across.
        Me too
        If Civ2 uses C++, I'd like to join the team.

But I'm not optimistic, Atari/Infogrames has a long tradition of not giving anything for free
        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
        The Spanish Civilization Site
        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Thanks, Harry

I guess it it's Civ2 'cuz of some of the DLLs I saw. But any language would be fine - If I don't know the language I can learn it really quick.

So, I'll look for address. I think that a compromise between the two solutions can be the best thing:

We sent one email, but this email is signed both with Apolyton SLeage and the names of all the petitioners, plus it has the email address of each petitioner in the field CC, so everyone gets a copy and Atari will know it.

Please send me your email address to javiermunozk@eresmas.NOSPAM.com

(without the NOSPAM, of course)

I'll use this week to seek for the best address to ask it.

Let's do it!!!
          Last edited by yaroslav; May 16, 2004, 15:18.
          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

This is the CIV2 spirit!
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav

Please send me your email address to javiermuznok@eresmas.NOSPAM.com
              You already have my adress, and (no surprise there), I of course want to be part of that: so add me in the petitioners list!
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

You misspelled your email address! It's "javiermunozk", no?
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Other games that have had their sources (but not their content) made free are the very successful Doom, Quake, and Duke Nukem 3D.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I sent you an email, yaroslav!
                    Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                      You misspelled your email address! It's "javiermunozk", no?
                      Yes, you're right :shamed:

PLEASE, SEND ME THE MESSAGES TO THE EDITED ADDRESS. SORRY FOR THE ERROR

Comment

Add me to that pettition as well please, i'm Jack_Barraclough3@hotmail.NOSPAM.com (less the NOSPAM ).

Also i'd love to help with the programming but with my level of programming skill you would be more likley to get the results youre after by dropping a bag of potatoes onto the keyboard from great height!!
                        Petition to RELEASE THE CIV II CODE here

Comment

Added, Tar-Plantir.

Merc, Sant Leo, should i open a thread with a list of all the petitioners?

Comment

Count me in! Free the Civ2 code, stupid!

Comment

Merc, Sant Leo, should i open a thread with a list of all the petitioners?
                              You should, it's easier to sign up that way.
                              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

affirmative!

I'm all for it. Count me as well.
                                Lost in America.
                                "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                                "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                                "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Working...
                                X