No announcement yet.

Hammer of the North v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooops.... Please note, that the cities.gif and icons.gif files has been missing from the Armada_v1_4.zip file. This demeanor has now been corrected - the zips are now complete.

@jasev, you might want to make sure, you have all the files of the zip on the Spanish website. The correct zip is now 678kb, the flawed one a little over 500kb.
    The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
    Kaplak Stream

Comment

hi hardjoy, I'm playing as the danes
      it's year 814 and I've done a few conquests,
      Cherbourg has been conquered to be a port to patrol the coasts of Ireland, England and Normandy

I also have an expedition in the baltic conquering the barbarian coastal cities. A few cities in Scotland are now Danish territory

I also have conquered all of the Frisian territory to have a stronghold in europe and it is also better to launch an attack from there than from the Jutland Peninsula

having fun hardjoy but I haven´t killed any giant and I don´t have hammer yet, but i don´t know if go and kill just by myself or to use the hammers
      Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
      Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
      miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Sounds like a fun game...

I agree, Frisland is a terrific base to strike almost anywhere in Western Europe. See if you can take the heart of the Rhineland from there - there's a bunch of cities inland with some pretty rich potential.

I know Thor of the mythology used his hammer to slay the giants... but in this game it would probably be to overdo it... -the hammers can probably be put to better use.

I once played a game as the Norse where the Giants would keep coming down from the mountains and attack a particular city - that was a damn nuisance. I'm not sure, but I think *SPOILER* I used an emissary to bribe one of them into the service of the Norse king. Then I used the loyal Giant to beat the rest back to the mountains, once they approached the city
        Kaplak Stream

Comment

I'm currently playing a heavily modified version of "Hellas", and when I'm finished, I will be trying this scenario

Comment

Please do - looking forward to any comments you might have
            Kaplak Stream

Comment

Hammer of the North v2.8 is ready!

You can find the files here :

Updates in v2.8 include :

* King regenerating problem has been fixed - now new kings are created only when powerful units draw a 'sword of coronation', buried in sacred stone upon the death of a king - this makes chiefs and thegns, and bribing heirs and heroes the more important. The king regenerations events still need fixes, as some texts only appear once. Otherwise the new 'coronation concept' works very well IMO

* Powerful barbarian warlords now roam Wales, Sweden, the Baltics and Eastern Europe, making life more difficult for the Anglo-Saxons, Germans and Danes. Barbarian warlords are stronger than most units, more spread out and more important/dangerous to counter or bring under influence.

* Pedia complete for improvements and wonders. May still be typos or minor things.

* Some cities have been rearranged for historical accuracy.

* Brand new tiles.dll backdrops makes playing more stylish and provides additional atmosphere to the game.

* Ravens can be built with Pagan Cult, for scouting and protection of armies. Provides an additional element to discoveries and sieges.

* New wonder "Charlemagnes Legacy" in Aachen allows shifting to advanced governments for the civ that holds the city, before the advances have been gained.

Futher fixes and changes are planned for v.2.9 and v.3.0 - please give me your feedback, if you find inconsistencies or have other comments. I am planning to overhaul the king regeneration events once more (with unique kings for each civ), and create a new scenario ending, which closes the scenario off. Still considering switching the frisians for a new viking civ though.
              Kaplak Stream

Comment

It has come to my notice, that CDG is going down in the near future ??? Anybody who knows more? (I've been away from civ2 for a few months).

I'll arrange for other hosting of the Hammer updates and my other civ2 files (most likely on my own server, crewscut.com). Until then, grab what you can, while you can !!
                Kaplak Stream

Comment

new cdg
                  you'll have to re-register there,
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

This looks excellent! Thanks.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Outstanding. I've only played a few turns, but so far it's fun and interesting. Nice graphics, too.

I found AI controlled leader units (Kings, etc.) getting killed in significant numbers already. Is this how you intended it?

I found in playtesting that powerful leader units are far more careful making attacks if you give them the air superiority role instead of the attack role. They still attack, but will usually last for most of the scenario.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanx, man

I will reconsider a change of roles for kings in the next update, when I evaluate the king units and events. I played around a lot with the roles for the king units. I wanted them to be active forgers of nations, but the AI displayed a tendency to hide them in cities, without the ATT role. But as you say, sometimes they do get killed quickly - but with the new coronation events they will usually be replaced within a short time, when a strong unit 'draws the sword from the stone'...

Of course it also opens a quest for a human player to slay an enemy king, and get in there to draw the sword to gain an additional king, before they do - which can be quite fun.
                        Kaplak Stream

Comment

I just returned to this scenario while waiting for Santa. Is anyone still playing it? It is one of the best in the last couple of years!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I had an awesome time playing it a few months back...

Conquered most of the world for the Pagan hordes!
                            You really get into the strategy of using raiders and
                            special units to great a conquering empire...It has
                            that old CIV2 quality to it...

You win well if you use the unit properly, but not too
                            easily for the triumphs to feel cheap...Great scenario!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

16 ; # of rows in shield box
                              I just downloaded the scen from SL and started play when I noticed the above line in RULES. It results in a 50 shield unit or improvement costing 80 shields. Is this intentional or an error?
                              Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                              Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I tend not to mess around with the shield box settings...

I wonder if it could be used to slow the 'too many units' problem in CIV2?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X