Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solo
    RJM,

It might be fun sometime to use a "rejected" start just to see how well we can do with one of these, and you might want to provide one of your own and launch a comparison game using it.
    It might be an interesting exercise, but I'm not sure I'd describe it as fun. Mostly, the rejected starts lead to fairly tedious games - at least in the early years. I'm not sure what happens later on - I tend to start again if things aren't going very well by AD 1.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

What is the record these days?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Best with a small map, no rule restrictions:

16 AD by Samson

Using ELG rules (random medium map start, no human starting techs, no hut tipping, no caravan rehoming):

495 AD by me in ELG #8

On Zenon's edited map with other ELG rules in effect:

335 AD by him

Comment

impressive, I'm still toying with phalanxes at that time
          more or less
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Gee, 16 AD is hard to beat
            Did you have to do the build order trick to get all the parts built the same turn Apollo was built?
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think the earliest Apollo can be built is 1AD, and a 15-3-3-1-1-1 is 15.7years, so it looks like he did do that to launch on 1AD and arrive on 16AD. I suppose someone could try launching a 33-8-8-1-1-1 on 1AD and arrive 6AD...

Comment

It's been so long since I launched a ship from a full civ, I forgot the travel times.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

33-8-8-1-1-1 on 1AD and arrive 6AD...

I'm going to lie down and die!
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

All you need is 53 cities and about 15000 gold by AD1...

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant
                      All you need is 53 cities and about 15000 gold by AD1...
                      Oh ... that's OK then ... for a moment there I thought it might be, well, difficult.

RJM at Sleeper's (who once had 10 cities in 1 AD)
                      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've seen an extreme ICS get over 50 cities by AD1, but not the accompanying tech progress to be ready to build Apollo by then.

Comment

Working...
                          X