Elg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elg

I have playing ELG , but my record is launch spaceship about 1700 b.c in the level king, this is a bad time.
    I should want that somebody pass me for donwload a file with turn per turn saves at a ELG or a site where i have donwload this.
    thanks for attention!!!

I have all-turn saves of ELG #2. I can send them by e-mail. The corresponding thread includes a detailed log.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

My e-mail is danilofv@bol.com.br
      Since now , thank you

Comment

I can send you some files, too, but need to know if you can extract game save files from zip files.

If you can, there already are a number of zip files in my ELG Guide as well as others in individual ELG threads that you can download and inspect.

Comment

First, I want to say I read your ELG guide, is the best guide about elg
          Second, I want you send me your files, but send me to my other e-mail please, danilofv@yahoo.com.br , because there are more MBs free.
          Third, what site is your ELG guide, with zip files???(I couldn't find this)

Thanks again

Comment

Zip files of several games are among the posts in and following the guide in this forum, but I will attach the one for my game in ELG #7 here:
            Attached Files

Comment

Please, Send me more links about ELG's saves.

Comment

OK, I'm bamboozled.

What is ELG?
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Early Landing Game

A game in which the goal is to land a spaceship as early as possible.
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Father Beast
                    I saw some ELG's games and there were games with landing about 100 turns ago (1a.c.)
                    It is very amazing!!!

Comment

Search in this forum and general for Solo's ELG series of games. Lots of detailed turn logs to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Camaleao
                        Father Beast
                        I saw some ELG's games and there were games with landing about 100 turns ago (1a.c.)
                        It is very amazing!!!
                        Isn't that with a modified game? I thought apollo couldn't be built until then and then you have to allow for flight time.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Isn't that with a modified game? I thought apollo couldn't be built until then and then you have to allow for flight time.
                          IIRC the game was turned into scenario (and special maps were used).
                          Nowadays solo and Zenon seem to manage pre-500AD landing on any kind of random map...without tipping huts
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette

IIRC the game was turned into scenario (and special maps were used).
                            Nowadays solo and Zenon seem to manage pre-500AD landing on any kind of random map...without tipping huts
                            I believe that they are random maps, but not any kind. I think they choose the random maps that are most suitable to post as early landing games.

In my experience, when I start with a random map (apart from the fact it takes forever to get a start with no techs) the terrain is often not very good for an early landing - no rivers, lots of jungles or tundra, shortage of trade specials, etc.

Maybe I'm just unlucky

RJM at Sleeper's
                            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

RJM,

I would say that I have to start playing from between 10 to 15 no tech random starts, before finding one with a SSC site (4 trade specials), making it suitable for use in a comparison game.

I think your own experience with random starts is typical, since many of my own starts are discarded until a suitable one is found.

It might be fun sometime to use a "rejected" start just to see how well we can do with one of these, and you might want to provide one of your own and launch a comparison game using it.

Comment

Working...
                              X