No announcement yet.

OCC without Colossus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any further updates? I am guessing from other threads that this game continued.......results??

Or perhaps someone could start a dedicated thread in the MP forum for those of us not in the game but curious as to the outcome??
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

We tried another one this weekend. We're still tweaking. Eventually I assume one will be started that will be finished. When we do, we'll post a link to the thread.

Another thing we tried was a duel with a two city limitation. It was fast and quite interesting.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The biggest problem is finding a suitable city site. You can be really unlucky and spend many turns wandering for that 4 specials site (Rah). I was relatively lucky and found an inland site with 2 silk and two wines on a river system, but it took some time to find it, so I couldn't build colossus this time.
        I built the great library and Copernicus though.

Comment

Yes, finding the proper site is the big thing. I have to remember the hidden and other values. I passed up a site one game that had two wheat, forgetting that I could easily make them silks. You second settler could have it done before you could even use them.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A shocking admission of mortality, rah...

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Haven't followed this in a while: Do I gather that you are evolving an MP version of OCC, and if so is the goal spaceship or conquest?

Comment

The goal is to win, however possible. I doubt it will be spaceship. We've already seen people eliminated. A few boats full of ELEs still seems to do the trick.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

/me would like to see another game where the goal is to win the space race.
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

You have to survive to launch/land a ship.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You have to get through 70 techs, too. Getting to PT and goin' huntin' is much easier...

Comment

Difficult with no tech trade rule.

Comment

We have another OCC MP game playing in teams, 2 on 2. Makeo and Dylan against deity and me. Tech trade with your ally only. It's very interesting. We've had 2 one and a half hour sessions. Still too early to tell who will prevail. Even late starters (I founded the city in mid third millennium) have good chances.

I used Rah's trick to increase the size of my city building two settlers while my city was size 1. A nearby source of iron helped a lot

Comment

Keep us informed. I'm sure Makeo will trash someone's cap before the game ends. Or as it ends, depending how you look at it.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                            X