No announcement yet.

Ozzy's Classical Eurodip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cruise missile diplomat thing won't work. It would have to be a separet unit of the attack version. You could in theory have a tactical missile and a stractic missile, but this really isn't the time to tinker with the units. We're having a hard time getting any concenssus, and its too close to game start.

What you do with modern infantry's attack really isn't important. I thought it should be higher than marines, but that's just me.

External routes can be monitored. If you guys want to suggest a limit on that, go ahead. I don't think any more drastic unit / tech changes are neccessary. We haven't seen alot of my mods late game changes yet, including mod infantry, jet fighters and bombers, buffed stealth fighters and bombers, and how that will affect the end game scenarios.

I think we should think of a creative solution to the end game situation. ^_^

I think the first player to get eleminated gets "support from the Americans" and comes back with transports full of the current units. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Johnson
      I think the first player to get eleminated gets "support from the Americans" and comes back with transports full of the current units. ^_^
      I like this idea

Comment

Last minute very important thoughts

Nobody is checking the other thread, so I am going to repeat my suggestions here.

Originally posted by ljcvetko
        No non-combat unit guiding!!!!!
        But combat unit guiding is OK (including paradrops).

Science paradigm set at 20/10. This should insure the diversity of opening strategies unlike monotonous straight line to monarchy we all are pursuing.

No tech stealing with diplomats or increase the cost of diplomats to 80. This is to prevent easy way of getting techs without investing in costly research. Tech stealing allowed with spies and spy cost increased to 120.

All exploits listed in Rah rules prohibited.

The speed of all naval vessels increased by 2. Trireme unaffected. This is to reduce the significance of Magellan and Lighthouse.

SDI available with custom technology Anti Ballistic Missiles. Prerequisites the Laser and Fusion Power.

Comment

SDI available with custom technology Anti Ballistic Missiles. Prerequisites the Laser and Fusion Power
          I like this idea, wait until later though. A 2/1 tech paradigm is way too high, we're already changing regular pace by 50% and double that is too risky a venture for now. Colossus will remain unchanged; we're still only looking at a real trade increase of 25~55% for one city (lesser of which in the later stages). It becomes a little more powerful, but still not as breaking as Mikes or HG (even on emp)

Anyway - The rules:

See below

Let's get our last minute adjustments in now, folks. Only 6ish hours left till play
          Last edited by Zylka; December 26, 2003, 20:53.

Comment

* Pike flag to be added to Legions

Let's finally get these things active in a game; with the smallest tweak possible.

Comment

Also, we should, for the purposes of reparations or something similar should do any cash related trades via the cheat menu between sessions. This is the only way I know to get around the bug.

Comment

It is a problem I agree, but how about settling port taxes in case of caravan delivery?

Comment

Oh, in how may hours are we starting?

I PM'd deity my celphone#, please give me a wakeup call if needed

Comment

OK, so I fix the Legion flag; and make diplos cost 60...

It's too late to tinker with anything else, including Wonders. All Wonders should be in, Oracle expires with Ind.
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                      It is a problem I agree, but how about settling port taxes in case of caravan delivery?
                      I think it's safer to just completely ban gifting gold.

Besides, with 8 caras each no biggie.
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Who is hosting?

And does that latest graphic crash te game?? I'm not trying it out until I'm told it's OK!
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Re: Last minute very important thoughts

Originally posted by ljcvetko
                          No non-combat unit guiding!!!!!
                          But combat unit guiding is OK (including paradrops).

Science paradigm set at 20/10. This should insure the diversity of opening strategies unlike monotonous straight line to monarchy we all are pursuing.

No tech stealing with diplomats or increase the cost of diplomats to 80. This is to prevent easy way of getting techs without investing in costly research. Tech stealing allowed with spies and spy cost increased to 120.

All exploits listed in Rah rules prohibited.

The speed of all naval vessels increased by 2. Trireme unaffected. This is to reduce the significance of Magellan and Lighthouse.

SDI available with custom technology Anti Ballistic Missiles. Prerequisites the Laser and Fusion Power.
                          I prefer diplo guiding but that's just my opinion.

Tech paradigm set at 15. I'm happy for 20 but will not get agrement on that.

Diplos now set at 60 shields to build as per Zylka decision.

Agree on Rah Rules

The current modpak is basically Frank's from previous diplo games which includes the incr sea movements.

I don't agree with delayed SDI. No one build a SS.
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Latest pak updated in third post of this thread...
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

re-posting the lates pak...

atawa said the third post in the threrad was still d/ling the old pak... here's my latest; and I'll keep updating at the end of the thread with latest as Zylka OK's it.
                              Attached Files
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

editing attachments is weird like that - just delete the old ones as you go along and post the newest. It looks good, add the cities and we're near done. Everyone, be sure to have the old classical_eurodip folder deleted before installing the latest one D posts.

Rule review:

- Emperor level, 1x1x
                                - Tech paradigm set at 15/10
                                - No huts
                                - Civ specific unit cost advantages and start techs not to be included
                                - Unit bribery allowed, city bribery not
                                - All exploits listed in Rah rules prohibited
                                - Tech trading & stealing allowed
                                - Diplomats to have cost increased to 60
                                - Pikeman flag added to Legions
                                - Maximum 8 total foreign trade routes allowed; divided in any decided ratio amongst recieving partners
                                - NO money trades allowed due to cash back bug
                                - Money trade available via cheat; used sparingly for reparations, large purchases etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X