Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what should I do differently in MP v. SP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCO
    I heard MWHC cheats a lot.
    I heard TCO is a chronic spammer and troll.

Amazing what one hears.

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk

I heard TCO is a chronic spammer and troll.

Amazing what one hears.

Monk
      Don't listen to those guys. They are jealous of my good looks.

Comment

TCO must be desperate for posts if he's trolling here.

Your looks aren't that good.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh...go play with Eyesofnightisacheater!

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV

I think many people here get confused with the difference between 'cheating' and my ability to crush just about any player.
            Does the above statement refer to before or after you discovered the art of rushbuilding (which just about every player was already well aquainted with at the time of your revelation)?

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV

I think many people here get confused with the difference between 'cheating' and my ability to crush just about any player.

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Does the above statement refer to before or after you discovered the art of rushbuilding (which just about every player was already well aquainted with at the time of your revelation)?

Carolus
              Ouch!! That burned!!

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I don't think you understand how to really MP civ. Which is how I crush the players such as yourself. I would go into more detail, but hey, would it really make a difference??

Comment

It would be entertaining...

Comment

Hey. Gimme back my thread....

Comment

But this is on-topic. There is very little chest thumping in SP.

While in MP you must deal with it. And some players consider it part of an overall strategy. Example. Through your loud mouth that you're going to CRUSH someone, they believe you and expend way too many resources preparing a defense that will never be tested until it's obsolete. While the mouth has gone pure expansionist and is so far ahead of you in the techs and production base, that you will never catch up. If he gets that far ahead, your defense will eventually be worthless. Your opponent must believe that you will attack.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

agreed. in many MP games i've had one unit in each city. sure happy factor sometimes means more but for the most part very little goes into defense when i play. and who spends money/sheilds on offensive units. in a MP game were players are allowed to frog jump techs... an army you build on your current turn was already worthless half a dozen turns earlier. diplomats are the best early on. good movement, cheap, no zones of control messing up movement and the best is build a hand full and destroy ever improvement in the target city. BS is the best in MP. Thought everyone knew that - at least the people I've played against.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          There is very little chest thumping in SP.
                          Guess you've never seen my 3am "crush the AI" dance right after my OCC launches...

Comment

I don't know if I want to see that dance.

And while MWHC had a point, we no longer allow tech trading so leapfrogging techs is not common anymore.
                            This was done to minimize it's impact on obsolete armies. Now you can expect to use some offensive units prior to them not being effective..

Things are considerably different then they used to be when we first started playing.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                            X