Blitzkrieg 1936 - New Scenario requires Playtesters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitzkrieg 1936 - New Scenario requires Playtesters

"Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in 1933. Under his leadership the country developed into a ruthlessly aggressive totalitarian state. All forms of democratic government and political opposition were soon swept away. By coercion, repression and propaganda, the Nazi Party began to control German life. The Nazis pledged first to restore Germany to its 'rightful' place in Europe, and then to seek world power. The Blitzkrieg era has begun..."

Hey guys! I want to open a second playtest of this scenario (the other one is at CDG). It's a scenario especially made for mulitplayer games and the setting is in a time were the world is very unstable. I think this will be perfect for a great PBEM game, since you will have to carry out alot of diplomacy in order to gain any real power. Anything else could lead into war??

Can you avoid ww2?

* Imperial Japan (Stalin II)
    * Axis (Historical Atze)
    * French (Kobra)
    * Americans (Academia)
    * British Commonwealth (POTUS)
    * Chinese (AI)
    * Soviet Union (Squonk)

Join in for some fun!

___

FINAL EDIT: All positions filled! Let's get rollin'!
    Last edited by Eivind IV; December 7, 2003, 17:18.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

I am maybe interested to play Germany or Japan. But to make this sure I have to check the Scenario. Could you please give the link ?
    Ceterum censeo that trade units are included!!

Comment

PM sent! I'll put Germany on hold then

Comment

I will play the British.
        Vote Democrat
        Support Democracy

Comment

Great to have you here, POTUS! PM sent.

Comment

Ok, I am taking Germany. The scen isn't too big in terms of time-intensity.
            Is this a Playtest ... so our suggestions are welcome or is this just a normal PBEM ( as I am relatively new to Apolyton I wondered why nearly every PBEM in here is called playtest, thus my question ).

May we have fun !

Comment

This is a playtest of my newest scenario. You are free to make comments an suggestions as we play. The final version will be released after this playtest and the one over at CDG. But since i'm such a darn great scenario designer there's probably nothing to change . Seriously; We've played some turns over at CDG and only a minimum amount of comments have been made, so everything is set for this to be a fun PBEM.

The scen is as time ensuming as you want it to be. You can take it dead seriously and put your sole into the game or you can just relax and live in peace. Your choice!

Comment

Yeah, Eivind you have done a great job! Nearly any problems! (Actually I havent found none!)

Ill the imperialist japanese!
                "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Splended! You have the game already so I don't have to send you any PM's .

Comment

Ok, fine, then a question. Yesterday I played some turns in singleplayer and I was astonished that I researched 1 tech per turn. I am not quite familiar with such a science rate, is this supposed to be so?

^^Just a question since:
                    But since i'm such a darn great scenario designer there's probably nothing to change
                    and there is nothing I would do to endoubt this

Comment

Originally posted by Historical Atze
                      Ok, fine, then a question. Yesterday I played some turns in singleplayer and I was astonished that I researched 1 tech per turn. I am not quite familiar with such a science rate, is this supposed to be so?
                      Yes, two reasons for that. In the 1941 version of this scenario every turn is one week. Here one turn in one moth.

It's more fun like this, but I'm aware that there are some backsides to it as well. For instance you won't get to build for instance a Tiger I before you get the Königstiger. I think I will try to do something with this in the next upgrade tot he scenario.

But this is the reason we have playtests. To find errors and test the gameplay.

But since i'm such a darn great scenario designer there's probably nothing to change
                      I hope you understand that I was making a lame joke

Comment

If I held it for truth I wouldn't make a lame joke as well :P

Comment

If I held it for truth I wouldn't make a lame joke as well :P
                          I'm glad we understand each other!

Someone's got to be interested in taking the two most interesting civs in this scenario? The Soviets and the Amerians...c'mon!

Comment

I have a problem with diplomacy. On my computer, I can only negotiate with the British. The computer ends the negotiation before I propose anything. It will make deals and contact me, but I can't make counter-proposals.
                            Vote Democrat
                            Support Democracy

Comment

Which civ are you playing? It probably has to do with the stupid AI and the already set attitudes I set between some civs. In MP these attitudes can be changed as self fitted and problem solved .
                              Last edited by Eivind IV; December 4, 2003, 10:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X