There has been increasing rumors of trouble in France. The eccentric ruler, Napolean III, has grown increasingly unpopular, and many critics have spoken out against him. One of the most vocal is a relatively political unknown PinkyGen Letrec. Though Napolean III remains in charge of the government, it remains to be seen how long that will last, or if there will be another French Revolution, and a new French Republic.
Meanwhile, all we seek to do is trade and be merry.
Meanwhile, all we seek to do is trade and be merry.
It was done, but on a limited scale. So perhaps some house rules involving limits might be a good idea. But the conclusion that, if everyone goes nuts w/tech trading the result will be that everyone zips through the tech tree by 1875 . . . is valid. That can certainly happen. But then, maybe that's what would have occurred--a global war well before the historical outbreak of WWI. Alternately, it would be a simple matter to greatly increase the cost of the Mfg Goods unit. If it takes much longer and costs much more to create, then of course the result will be a decrease in the rate of tech acquisition. The reason I made these units so inexpensive was that I wanted them built. Lots of them. I wanted to focus the scenario on international trade and its importance during this period. So how do you FORCE a bunch of recalcitrant Civ2 warmongers to actually build and move trade units? You do what I did. Make tech extremely difficult to acquire by increasing the paradigm as high as possible. And yes, the paradigm CAN be increased further, but only at the risk of screwing up the way the game works and possible crashes which is something I am unwilling to do. Here again, the hard-coded limitations of the program place a ceiling on the numbers available.
Comment