Imperialism 1870 v2.0 PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperialism 1870 v2.0 PBEM

While there are still two serious PBEMs of the original version, a few people have expressed interest in testing this out. The files are here, and the sound files are here, here, and here.

Russia: conmcb25
    Japan: Germanos
    France: Zedd
    Germany: JamesJKirk
    United States: Kobra
    Great Britain: Yaroslav

Last edited by Darius871; August 28, 2004, 08:53.
    Unbelievable!

Give me england!
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

I'll take the French.
      David Disraeli
      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

You sure you want to play the same civ in both games Ale?
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I'll take Germany, unless academia wants to give up UK

Comment

To wrap it up, Japan for me then .
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

That would be it then, Steve (conmcb25) has started the turn.

As the game is already on:

Triple Entente Announced

Earlier today, Secretary of State Elihu B. Washburne announced the creation of a grand alliance between the United States, France, and Russia. While many tenets of the pact were not released by the State Department, the pact's stated goal is expansion of the principles of democratic republicanism, as the governments of Napoleon III and Alexander II have promised massive democratic reforms within the next two years. Washburne has invited ambassadors from all nations to the White House to explain that the alliance is purely intended to be defensive and is not aimed at any states.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Question:

Will we play on Prince level, or at the recommended King level?

On other news:
                Japan welcomes the American ambition to spread "democratic republicanism" throughout the worlds. Japan wishes to share in this effort by the USA to boost economies worldwide.
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Ill have the first turn up this weekend sometime!
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

1. Since the other games were in Prince, it would make sense here, but I don't really care either way.

2. It is in the interest of not the United States, but of all mankind, for the top imperial powers to adopt accountable government. We will gladly send Washington's best political scientists to Tokyo to assist in its reforms, and same for Berlin and London if their governments are interested in joining the new liberal era.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Bring 'em on, America.

And shouldn't we play on Prince to avoid AI troublesomeness, although I'm all for tougher barbarians too

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                        1. Since the other games were in Prince, it would make sense here, but I don't really care either way.
                        I don't care too much about it, but seeing how easy the AI is overrun in the other games, combined with Exile's statement he wanted the AI to be a menace (is that possible ) my choice would be the recommended (and default) 'King' option (IIRC its called General here)

Since this version has spies in it (by events, but not for the Japanese ) A fair question would be if city bribe is allowed. I sure hope not, but some clarity on this issue would be greatly appriciated.
                        can I have your votes please?

Comment

2. It is in the interest of not the United States, but of all mankind, for the top imperial powers to adopt accountable government. We will gladly send Washington's best political scientists to Tokyo to assist in its reforms, and same for Berlin and London if their governments are interested in joining the new liberal era.
                          England really appreciates your offer. Do you want anything in exchange?

Since this version has spies in it (by events, but not for the Japanese ) A fair question would be if city bribe is allowed. I sure hope not, but some clarity on this issue would be greatly appriciated.
                          NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
                          not allowed!
                          South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                          Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Actually, it turns out you can't bribe cities in this scenario anyway; I just tested it out.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

OK Guys what is the consensus on the level you want to play?

I need to know so I can start.

Default?
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X