Map Generator for Civ II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spot2
    My fault I guess, not sure how everything works round here. Did you get the link request? I went through the motions, but I can't tell whether its pending or has just vanished.

TVM for the pointers on CIV 3

s
    If you men that you have tried to submit a link to the Files\Civilization II\... category of the directory I've not seen any sush pending file. So if not MarkG or DanQ has approved it it didn't get through.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      And STYOM, you'd better be happy with this! [/url]
      Just got home, and finally installed this utility.

Gotta say, it's really great. The terrain generated looks like a real world, and not like a collection of tiles arranged randomly. Works with gigamaps, too.

Really nice.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
        The map editor reports that maps with more that 63 separate landmasses or bodies of water will result in the intelligence of the computer players being slightly impaired
        I read in a different thread that this makes the AI more peaceful.
        Vote Democrat
        Support Democracy

Comment

Spot2:

Just installed and used your map generator.

Outstanding job. This is an essential utility that every civver should not be without.

It is a small download; it's easy to install; and generates maps (of any size) very quickly. The added user tweaks for making more specific-type maps is a helpful bonus.

Two thumbs up!

Cheers!

Comment

Great utility!

Can I edit already existing maps and make them giga? Or are the giga feature only for generating maps?

Cheers!
            Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

AFAIK the only thing you can do with existing maps is analyze or preview them...

Of course, MapEdit can do it, unless you want to stretch the map to giga size.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I've stretched the map I have to the limit using MapEdit (which is a marvellous tool for scenario makers btw. Thanks!). But I want to stretch the map to giga size. What do I do?

Comment

MapEdit can do that too. Just make sure you've specified your civ2 executable location. Then set the civ2 version to multiplayer/test of time.

MapEdit only allows gigamaps when you've set the civ2 version to mge/tot.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Holy crapballs! I missed that feature! Thanks alot, Mercator!

Comment

Working...
                    X