Map Generator for Civ II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Generator for Civ II

Version 2 is now out, with support for map sizes over 10,000.

If you missed the first version, features are;-
    • Fast generation of random CIV2 map files.
    • Increased range and control over input parameters.
    • More extreme terrain and climate possible.
    • Sample world templates for instant use.
    • Optional thumbnail view of map files.
    • Estimate of city sites to indicate game length.
    • City site count and thumbnail view possible with exiting maps.
    • Support of gigantic maps for 'Test of Time' & Multiplayer versions of CIV2. {New}

S.

Thanks

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again: excellent!

From now on, no-one will have the right to complain about the standard Civilization II map generator (~ the lack of a good map generator).

I'd say this would be a very handy utility for things like multiplayer and succession games...

And STYOM, you'd better be happy with this!
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I am honoured that CivMapGen has been updated at my request, Mercator

I'll download it when I'm sober.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
          I'd say this would be a very handy utility for things like multiplayer and succession games...
          Indeed, indeed.
          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I'll download it when I'm sober.
            Will we be waiting for a long time?

I won't hold my breath.

I never got to use the first map gen, how does it work?

EDIT: ok, i read the info files on the site and DL the save, sounds great. I think I may have found my new favorite quote on your site.

The map editor reports that maps with more that 63 separate landmasses or bodies of water will result in the intelligence of the computer players being slightly impaired
            Last edited by Zedd; September 23, 2003, 17:26.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Time to give it a go. Does it also support other map generators?
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

What I'd really want is a map editor that can cut and paste, randomly generate terrain within a subsection of a map, etc.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
                  Does it also support other map generators?

Not at the moment, but I'm wondering about Civ3. Have'nt got around to buying the game yet. What is the in game generator like?

S

Comment

If you decide to make a civ3 map generator you can always ask me about the file format. (But check the threads first). I think there are a few things not covered by the threads, but I'm not sure wether that has changed...

I might have posted detailed river info, but I don't remember if I did or not...
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                      What I'd really want is a map editor that can cut and paste, randomly generate terrain within a subsection of a map, etc.
                      Well, technically, that's already possible using CivMapGen, MapEdit and an image editor.

Edit: and Gramphos, you misspelled "Spot2" in the news item.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                        Edit: and Gramphos, you misspelled "Spot2" in the news item.
                        Oops corrected.

Yuo should be happy that I read this forum, or there wouldn't have been any news (I didn't get any report on this thread at least)
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I hardly ever read the news myself so I never really think of submitting any.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Yuo should be happy that I read this forum, or there wouldn't have been any news (I didn't get any report on this thread at least)
                            My fault I guess, not sure how everything works round here. Did you get the link request? I went through the motions, but I can't tell whether its pending or has just vanished.

TVM for the pointers on CIV 3

s

Comment

Originally posted by Spot2

Not at the moment, but I'm wondering about Civ3. Have'nt got around to buying the game yet. What is the in game generator like?

S
                              I haven't gotten much milage out of Civ3 so I can't really comment on the map generator in Civ3. Freeciv is another matter.

Freeciv has half a dozen of generators to create special landscapes (every civ his own island, 3 civs on every continent, islands connected via landbridges etc...) Plus the usual settings for landmass, oceans etc...Map files are stored in FC as a txt files in savegames. They are quite easy to understand.
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                              X