The New World (cont...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Actually I guess it depends on what you're rolling it back to ... that wasn't made clear

If you're rolling it back to last turn, I don't mind. If you're rolling it back two turns, then I mind.

Make sense?

Comment

The game wasn't at GameSpy yesterday when I tried to play my turn, and I'm not sure who played before who (CivStats doesn't show), but to me it seems that Snoopy's slow units (1 movement pts) suddenly moved at least 4 steps.

Anyway the point is: I would have been able to defend the city if I wanted. Now I didn't have that chance. So roll back.
        Railroading since 2008.

Comment

And I'm sorry Snoopy for blaming that you did a double move there.
          Railroading since 2008.

Comment

You wouldn't have had a chance to defend; your city was only two moves away from my city. I don't think you actually missed a turn (unless I missed one also); the reloaded turn that was reloaded yesterday [this morning your time?] you played, and that was the same turn I took New York. The turn I moved my units up to New York was the turn that you declared war on me, and the next turn was the turn I took New York.

Road movement explains how they moved so fast, nothing more.

Comment

I know how fast you could move, but I didn't see your units when they were approaching. I have a line of sight in your city and my stack next to my city was on a hill. I don't think there was any plot where you could have been hiding. That's why I didn't move back to my city, I was thinking I was safe.
              Railroading since 2008.

Comment

So far one vote for and one against.

I would be rolling back to the turn that had 3 hours left on the timer... except i will attempt to load it with 24 hours on the timer.

Comment

I don't know the details with uni and Snoop, but I know I missed at least one turn.

so...

yes for rolling back
                  Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Uni, I moved a stack from my city to next to your city, right after you declared war on me. Then the next turn I destroyed the city. That's all... there was no hiding stack, and no multiple turns.

Pinchak, if you load that turn with 3 hours remaining at a time that Provi can move, then Provi doesn't have to miss his turn. If you still have that save, anyway.

Comment

Ok. Apparently I missed the turn when you were next to my city. Or I just didn't notice your troops, which I doubt.
                      Railroading since 2008.

Comment

From CivStats:

6/11/07 11:00 am A new turn has begun. It is now 1060 AD
                        6/11/07 7:44 pm uniteatteri Finished turn
                        6/11/07 9:44 pm snoopy369 Finished turn
                        6/18/07 9:34 am A new turn has begun. It is now 1070 AD
                        6/18/07 9:34 am snoopy369 Finished turn
                        (Same timestamp, since civstats was down. However, I didn't finish my turn yet)
                        6/18/07 9:34 am uniteatteri Score decreased to 670
                        (New York razed)
                        6/18/07 11:56 am uniteatteri Finished turn

If this isn't a double move, then what is?
                        Railroading since 2008.

Comment

The turn was replayed at least twice in between that time, however. You yourself played it on I think the 16th. Civstats just wasn't up.

I think I played the same turn (1060ad) three times in the last week.

The third time around, I played my turn early in the turn timer, you played it later in the turn timer (maybe 8-10 hours left iirc), and shortly after you played it I moved my units from my city to next to NYC, after you declared war.

Then in 1070ad I took NYC.

Comment

Yep, you took NYC before my login in 1070, after you had moved your attacking units after my logout in 1060.

I never logged in or out between your two moves of the same attacking force.

Double move, roll back the turns, I don't think there's even need to vote anymore.
                            Railroading since 2008.

Comment

I allowed at least 8 hours in between there, sir. I don't recall exactly how many, and I can't check civstats, obviously, but I did not violate any rules by doing so.

Comment

8 hours... I cannot login in every 8 hours. However I did try to log in the night before, but the game wasn't on the Gamespy list, about which I complained to proviisori. I'm sure he can affirm that. Then I went to sleep. Next day, NYC was razed with your two consecutive moves.

Apparently there wasn't much time left (there was orginally just 3 hours due to reload) when I finally managed to play my turn (and noticed the razing), but I did my best. Two of the other players didn't even manage to play the turn. There wasn't 8 hours, there was around 3.

If the rules and the spirit of the game say this all has gone OK and fair, then so be it.
                                Last edited by uniteatteri; June 18, 2007, 17:09.
                                Railroading since 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X