No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just decided to order it on Buy.com. $26.99, free shipping, minus $10 for a Google Checkout signup. What a great price. Downside is with the tightwad shipping option, it may not come until next week, but that gives us plenty of time to discuss the game settings!
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• I would like to be the Holy Roman Empire, please.

That's all i've got right now.

Comment

• logging in is not that bad. if you've only got one game, the name is cached anyhow. don't know what it's like with two or more concurrent games.
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• well from a selfish perspective it still sounds easier than fiddling about with save game files to send by email. if aebekka hosted it it would be much appreciated...

a friend is also interested in playing multiplayer so he may be interested in this pitboss game. he has BtS.
          http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

• 5 players sounds good to me.

Would we use a turn timer? I think the problem with it is if someone is unable to play for a while, they'd miss several turns, unless I shut down Pitboss.

Simultaneous turns? It would certainly make the game go faster since there would be no turn order, but it wouldn't be very fair in some instances, like battles.

We also need to put Sabre on a much harder difficultly level than in JJ...

Perhaps Sabre could post a screenshot of his suggested Pitboss game settings, then if we all agree I'll start it. (once my copy of the game arrives)

Comment

• We are writing to let you know that we are experiencing a delay in being able to fulfill one or more items on your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.

The item(s) affected by this backorder notification are:

sku: 204408407
              description: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
              qty: 1

GRRARARAGGHHGHAHRAHRHGH!!!!!!

Comment

• poor you, i was insatiable for bts before i got it so i do sympathise

Comment

• oh yeah, and friend is officially interested in playing, so five player it is if everyone is okay with that

incidentally i will be away for two weeks starting from 17th august, in order to go to go to a friend's wedding, get married myself and have a honeymoon, in case that affects when you want to start the game

Comment

• 5 players sounds good to me

Comment

• 5, 6 whatever... with a turn timer of 24 hours it doesn't matter (too much).

as for the settings: in krazy was 1 difficulty level lower than the rest of us. don't forget that my dominance was mainly due to the fact of having incredibly powerful commerce in my first 4-5 cities. i had plenty of food and could afford building cottages on all terrain...

also, i have not been playing civ4 for a long time, so i don't want to be more than 1 difficulty level higher than you guys. and krazy is good enough to be at the same level.

so, this paired with the new AI engine i recommend that you three play noble level and i play 1 level higher (prince, is it?).

Comment

• and otherwise:
                        - 5 human players, 4-7 AI players (making 9-12 in total) --> so large map
                        - achipelago map with low sea level?
                        - tech trading off?
                        - no other special things like aggressive AI, raging barbarians or switched off other stuff except maybe the free religion choice?

and what would be really cool would to try the advanced start thingy. something like renaissance for instance?

Comment

• I'm happy with whatever options, and I too would prefer free religion choice option to be on, as I think it's boring to have Hinduism and Buddhism dominate all the time.
                          Last edited by Lumpkin; August 3, 2007, 04:53.

Comment

• sounds good to me

Comment

• Woo, BtS was half price at a store, so I bought it and cancelled my order. We can start our game any time now.

Comment

• i guess i've got to install mine too (only have the developer edition installed atm).
                                let us know when you've set it up.

are you also using some dynamic DNS client? something like aebbeka.dyndns.net or so...?

Comment

Working...
                                X