X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure! Count me in Beta!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
      Guys - I would like to start a new pbem game. 5 or 6 players. I would clearly recommend us 4 as a base - this turn order runs like greased lightning. And add a reliable UK or European based player or two.

My game idea:

Exotica

Standard pangaea map, with high water level. Tropical/jungle terrain.

The 5 or 6 civs would be South/Central American and African:

Aztec
      Inca
      Mali
      Zulu
      Carthage
      Egypt

(random draw would determine who gets first thru 6th chice of civs)

Standard victory conditions and speed. And how about raging barbarians?

Would you be up for it?
      I would be - except for raging barbs - I find it boring to be honest - but I can live with it if need be.

I may know someone else would would be interested in this as well - let me know if you want me to ask - he is based in Portugal.........

BTW - Strudo mate - it's your turn
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• I may also know another kiwi who may be interested..............

Well actually he is a pom, but he lives in Jaffaland
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Okay - Fed is in if you all agree

Comment

• And the Auckland (Jaffa) is not

Comment

• For sure I'm in. I'll be a the V8 racing this weekend though so turn might be a little sporadic for a couple of days. I'll try and get one a day though.

Your turn Beta

Comment

• Fed would be great! And I'm Ok with regular barbs.

So do we want more player - or do we go with 5?

Enjoy the races Strudo!

Save to Wittlich.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• 5 players should work.

1240BC turn sent to Nugog.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                    5 players should work.

Comment

• I'll let Fed know - he is a great addition to a game.

The save is on it's way to Strudo!

Comment

• OK - I'll get Wyatt the Wonder Dog all set to do a random draw of names for civ choices - as he is the official civ 'draft' dog.

(actually - my wife does the actual draw. Wyatt is official supervisor.)
                        Attached Files
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• We may as well use this thread for the game set-up until a turn thread is needed. I will pm fed.

Comment

• The official draft, as carefully supervised by Wyatt (he'll do anything for a dog cookie ), has occurred. Players will choose civs in the following order:

1. fed1943 Very hospitable of us, don't you think.
                            2. Strudo
                            3. Beta
                            4. Nugog
                            5. Wittlich

We are choosing from the following six civs:

Incas - fed1943
                            Aztecs - Conquistador45
                            Mali - Nugog
                            Zulu - Beta
                            Carthaginians - Strudo
                            Egyptians - Wittlich (Hatty)

We are playing on a standard sized, high-water pangaea map with tropical climate. Regular barbs and victory conditions.

fed - welcome! You are up. Who do you pick?
                            Last edited by Beta; March 12, 2007, 21:49.

Comment

• Well, my civ choice should be cut-and-dry once my turn arrives.

I'm thinking that Wyatt knew that I was a "cat person."

Beautiful doggie by the way.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• In fact - you will still have a choice of two civs.

And sorry - I did tell Wyatt you were a cat person.

And Wyatt says thanks for the compliment. He sends a big lick.

Comment

Working...
                                X