Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable higher education? How cheap is it?

I don't know about the Oracle, Sabre, but your score jumped quite a bit, from the cash I guess.

sent to Krazy
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• the cash doesn't count towards the score.
      but i did have my two cities growing, got a tech (code of laws, that's why i missed the oracle) and maybe also the city borders expanded...
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• as for the affordable higher education: in zurich it costs about 1000 USD per year plus the about half of that for books, exam fees and such stuff. and one of our two universities (the federal polythechnical university) in our city is rated 4th best worldwide of the technical subjects (engineering, natural sciences, etc). and the general university is also pretty far up. the quality is the same good as many of the higher US and UK colleges but the funding isn't that good...

Comment

• Sent to Lumpkin

Comment

• I'm currentl paying about £1,100/year for my studies. But they have upped the price for new students and I'm not sure what is stands at atm.

The UK is actually relatively low-tax, low regulation for Europe. But they slap most of the tax on consumer goods rather than income, so things are still expensive but people are allowed to get richer.

Which monkey founded confucianism by the way? I think it was a hurtful thing to do as it makes me feel primitive .

sent to sabre
            http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

• 0720bc to aebbeka

/me got confucianism
              (failed CS slingshot)
              but my people still cannot build farms and have no idea of sailing. they can write but have no alphabet and they have polytheism but no meditation.

Comment

• to Krazy

Comment

• Sent to Lumpkin

Comment

• guys, if you are interested about the points system, this is how it works in a nutshell:

+ points for wonders (about 20 for each wonder, depending on world size and game speed)
                    + points for citizens (about 5 for each pop)
                    + points for techs (for each era the techs count more. about 10 points for ancient techs, 40 for modern ones or so)
                    + points for land

land is 1 point by occupied territory, so it adds up quickly when your city borders grow for the 2nd and 3rd time. these values only apply after 20 turns (again adjusted by game speed) of holding a city. so the ones of us with a religion in their home city (montezuma, myself, lumpkin) have their city borders growing a lot faster than those without. but this does not really change anything about the real power in the game.

(for instance, tokugawa is building up his forces like mad! i urgenly need horsies or iron, otherwise i'm toast!

Comment

• how do you I've got a religion? Do you have spies in Belleville?

Well since I do have a religion, that point system shows I must be doing really rubbish...

to sabre

Comment

• 0685bc to aebbeka

lumpy: no, but i can see that your state religion is jewish...

tokugawa is just now sending out YET ANOTHER settler along my border! he already has taken the south, now the east and in the west there is no nice lands. so i guess i'll start building up my forces --> beeline for mathematics

last, lumpkin: where were you yesterday? the yanks had done their turns so early, it's a shame we didn't get in another turn or two,...

Comment

• oh yeah I forgot about that... (doh)

So who's got Hinduism and Buddhism?

Well I feel sorry for your Japanese troubles. I've met the Chinese and Indians but have yet to see a single foreign city. Mind you that may just be because of my lousy exploring efforts.

I was out all day yesterday. It was the final launch for the project I've been working on for the past half-year (mentioned on my website) which took up the whole day, and then we celebrated in the evening. So I have a good excuse.

But I'll be in all day today if we want to try again...

Comment

• hinduism you should be able to see... it's me. buddhism is my super-aggressive neighbor montezuma.

guys, how many cities have you got?

Comment

• I can see a religion next to you - I just mis-remembered it as confucianism

I have got.... one city!! I was very focussed on getting judaism (since I initially forgot about religion so was convinced someone else was going to beat me to it) so production suffered.

Comment

• I've got lots of cities

sent to Krazy

Comment

Working...
                                X