No announcement yet.

Game II - pitboss, entry open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would be great, even if its not for onemoreturnmike, we have 2 civs in AI, i'm not sure if they're playable or if they're dying but..
    The one AI is currently at war and lost a major city (maybe they have only their capitol now) so no big hope for fun there. The other AI is my neighbor, so I wont advice any of my friends or someone who I personally like, taking it from moral motive If someone else can find a sub for my neighbor AI, its perfectly fine by me.

Regarding the turn timer, i actually think that 30/35 hours per turn is good, with a prerequisite....; People should play their turns.
    The problem is that we had/have always someone not playing so the turn takes always 30 hours.
    Agree. But the problem with someone who is gone for the weekend for example and is automated everything, is solved by the shorter turn timer. Also, when everyone know that they have to play once a day, it is disciplining - you know that once a day - in the morning before work/school or in the evening when you get home, the turn is switched and you must play

I'm currently in a war, and have always played my turns after my current oponent. Imagine that he cant make his turn in the first 15 or more hours; the longer timer alows us (if a problem happens) not to doupleplay turns.
    Since this is a game with a reasonable amount of players, it will get worst if more than two players are involved in a conflit.

So, we should focus on having shorter turn time by having everyone playing their turns properly (like almost everyone is doing) rather than by shortening the turn timer.
    In my (short) pitboss experience I have learn that there is 2 approaches to avoiding double-moves when in war. The first is dividing the timer precisely at half. Player1 plays in the first half, Player2 plays in the second. The other way (which is more popular as far as I know) is that P1 plays in reasonable time, then P2. If P1 takes too much time without playing his turn, the game is paused. This approach works fine with 24 hours timer and 18 players in a game I recently play in and the game makes 1 turn per 24 hours smooth most of the time, despite the many multi-civ alliances being engaged at war.

@ St Jon - can you describe with few words the situation for the Vikings? It sounds like not very good perspective, so I might not want to take it, but anyway - I might be interested.
    http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
      @ St Jon - can you describe with few words the situation for the Vikings? It sounds like not very good perspective, so I might not want to take it, but anyway - I might be interested.
      In short - Very Poor. Game is well advanced now so it is impossible, unless you are a genius, for them to win but they are in a very important part of the world and if they had been played with some adventure could have won cities and power in recent big war. Their 3 neighbours are powerful but they all hate eachother so good chance for diplomacy. As AI they will be destroyed PDQ but as good human they should be able to grow.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

• Please Evalds, kick Onemoreturnmike, so the guy waiting to take over him not give up and disappear.

Comment

• He's out, you can take over him

Comment

• Welcome to Marek and good luck with the game.

At least we are going to have turn shorter than 30 hours

Come on guys, chop-chop, we have a game to have going

Comment

• Which nasty bully has killed poor little Exploit?
              - Anon

Comment

• WOw! A proper kill so early? You guys start to scare me.

Comment

• Unfortunatelly its easy to see from civstats who did it

Too bad that we lose someone that never missed a turn, in a game where it has been somewhat difficult to have fast turns.
                  Cheers to Exploit for having done all his turns even when this fate was obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
                    WOw! A proper kill so early? You guys start to scare me.
                    I was scared from the start!
                    - Anon

Comment

• Really brilliant to see the turns moving so quickly now!
                      - Anon

Comment

• What are the rules regarding double-moves during wartime?
                        - Anon

Comment

• Don't do it

Comment

• Originally posted by EvaldsUrtans View Post
                            Don't do it
                            In which case Janis has just done it to me so I would appreciate a ruling before I play my next turn.
                            - Anon

Comment

• I sugest people in war always talk about time to play their turns.
                              At the start of the conflit, at wardec, send also a message with the prefered play time in order to coordinate the turns.

just my 2 cents.

PMB

Comment

• If the double-move was only technical - i.e. no interaction between your units, we can move on and the host to state the double-move rules and to warn the violator.

If the double- move affected battles, it is up to the host to decide what to do - reload or something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X