Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
    Why does Japan have to go first?
    It's to ensure that players don't take back-to-back turns while fighting a war, and thus cannot take advantage of double-moving without their opposition having a chance to respond. Fairly standard clause for simultaneous turn pitboss games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreylin View Post
      It's to ensure that players don't take back-to-back turns while fighting a war, and thus cannot take advantage of double-moving without their opposition having a chance to respond. Fairly standard clause for simultaneous turn pitboss games.
      Hmm, ok, but say Japan takes a turn attacks say Russia

Russia is away on business and gets back at 35 hours and 25 minutes

He plays the turn

New order starts up

all over waiting sometimes a whole day when if they are last in line, they cant take double turns

ok..i reckon.........................
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Gramps, they're at war. And since Japan moved first after the DOW he gets to play first until the war is ended.

Edit: nevermind I see that the question is answered...
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• And since Japan moved first after the DOW he gets to play first until the war is ended.
          Not exactly.

If half the turn expires (in this case 16 hours) and the first civ in the turn order has not yet finished their turn, then the last civ in the turn order can take their turn... thus making them the new "first civ in the turn order".

Or in other words...

"The last civ in a war to play their turn must wait until either 1.) The other civ plays it's turn, or 2.) Half the turn expires.

The "first civ" can change during a war. At least that is my understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
            Not exactly.

If half the turn expires (in this case 16 hours) and the first civ in the turn order has not yet finished their turn, then the last civ in the turn order can take their turn... thus making them the new "first civ in the turn order".

Or in other words...

"The last civ in a war to play their turn must wait until either 1.) The other civ plays it's turn, or 2.) Half the turn expires.

The "first civ" can change during a war. At least that is my understanding.
            Good I checked the thread.

For starters, and if I'm not wrong, I thought the turn timer is set on 36 hours, so half of that time should be 18 hours. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
            Second, I wouldn't agree under normal real life circumstances to a "play shift" in hostile conditions (ie units from opposing civs standing toe to toe).
            I also think we're both reliable enough in our playtimes that this won't happen unexpectedly, but vacation season is coming so we will need to make an agreement by then (if the war lasts that long).
            Also, as first player it's my responsability to give you a warning if for some reason I can't play my turn in the first 18 (or 16 if we're on a 32 hour timer). As long as I haven't warned you it's indeed fair you can make your moves.
            And lastly, I have no objections on your request to play last, finish the turn, and make your moves at the onset of next turn as long as there's no abuse by killing units, taking cities, destroying improvements and occupying strategic spots (including your own hypothetical undefended cities/forts/resources, etc...).
            Is that agreeable?
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Not only did I answer the question superfluously, I also answered it wrong...

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                Not only did I answer the question superfluously, I also answered it wrong...
                How so?

@Pinchak: I see you're last to play this turn again, and don't see any reason (just checked the game) why you wouldn't play the next turn too.
                Last edited by GeoModder; May 21, 2009, 04:14.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder View Post
                  How so?

@Pinchak: I see you're last to play this turn again, and don't see any reason (just checked the game) why you wouldn't play the next turn too.

See if that is so, that is wrong, everyone seems to want to play, I also suspected the same (not saying on this same person) but noticed the same players seem to be waiting.

Just saying if we want to extend the game to limits, I also can wait myself?

Just asking, since rulz are being discussed, common sense should as well?

Thanks for helping me clarify what appears an ongoing issue.

Gramps

Comment

See if that is so, that is wrong, everyone seems to want to play, I also suspected the same (not saying on this same person) but noticed the same players seem to be waiting.

Just saying if we want to extend the game to limits, I also can wait myself?

Just asking, since rulz are being discussed, common sense should as well?

Thanks for helping me clarify what appears an ongoing issue.

Gramps
                    Erm... I meant to say that for me Pinchak could play this turn AND the next during the same online session. I see that my post could be interpreted both wise.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Erm... I meant to say that for me Pinchak could play this turn AND the next during the same online session. I see that my post could be interpreted both wise.
                      Thats what I am also referring to, at this point, it take a few moments at best to make a play.

This way the game moves forward and held up less

Comment

• About 14 hours left until another turn

So far, fun game indeedy!

Comment

• Hey Grandpa, you forgot to hit end turn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreylin View Post
                            Hey Grandpa, you forgot to hit end turn!
                            No I didnt, I have not played yet

Comment

No I didnt, I have not played yet
                              Then why did you enter the game?
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment