Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless there's something I don't see for Pangaea, I see two options:

1. Pangaea like normal. No snaky.

2. Big&Small map, with "snaky" selected. That's the only place I've ever seen Snaky, and it's also a pangaea-like map with a combination of a main continent and a little islandy area. It's a great MP map, sort of combines the pangaea-loving stuff with the boaty-stuff (as there's usually one person in the islands), but you generally can make contact with the island folk early on with a galley or a workboat.

I'd vote for option 2, as it seems more likely to be the preference based on the desire of some boatiness above, and really is my favorite map... but otherwise, it's just normal pangaea, unless I'm not seeing something.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That's a few examples of Big and Small, normal size, snaky pangaea. It's actually on Medium sea level, high sea level mostly sinks a lot of islands, but it's roughly equivalent to Pang.-High Sealevel at that point (since most islands aren't as useful as land).

There are generally one or two main landmasses, nearly always joined by coast, and then an area of islands that are together (that's a setting, mixed in makes it more likely to see two larger landmasses, and with some random islands spread between them). Snaky means they're thin landmasses, of course. You can generally get contact with all players before astronomy, and it is somewhat conducive to war, but not quite as early as Pangaea, as you are a bit further apart (but you'll see in the one at the bottom right of the minimaps, I marked starting locations - yellow and red are right next to each other, probably seeing distance once their caps expand once, but yellow is on a large island while red is on the snaky continent the other 3 players are on).

Comment

#2.

Welcome back snoop.

Comment

Okay, I started it up since we have 3 votes for #2 thanks to Witt... If the start is horrid (it is once in a blue moon) for someone, just say so here. Don't complain if you get the islands start, as that's often the best... just grab lighthouse and colossus

Comment

Oh, and it's

snoopy369.dyndns.org:2061

(hopefully) ... let me know if you have trouble connecting for some reason.

Comment

No problems connecting. Game on.

Comment

Ah, thanks for sending the PM

If anyone has time problems connecting i'll pause it tomorrow.

Comment

Civstats registered (game 1007). Rhoth and Beta, your password is your (real) first name. Witt and Geo, your password is what I just typed as your name. I don't recall y'all's real first name atm, so you're stuck with that.

Comment

Beta ... Witt ... Geo ... you guys make it in yet ??

Comment

On my way now....
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Got into the game just fine.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Me too.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Thanks snoop and Rhoth for the set up.

. Connected just fine, and am registered with civstats.
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

And oh yes. I vote for map #2 as well.

Comment

EDIT: Nevermind.
                                Registered with CivStats just fine now.
                                Last edited by Wittlich; July 11, 2008, 10:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X