No announcement yet.

[PtBS] The Return Of Rhothaerill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did this game die off? If so its a shame because I loved derailing this thread
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
      My cats apparently turned off my power strip...

Reloaded to Rhoth's autosave (again).
      I had something similar happen in another game, where Thomas stepped on the keyboard when a settler was active - and he settled where was not supposed to.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
        Did this game die off? If so its a shame because I loved derailing this thread
        Nope - game is progressing very well.

Your attempts at derailment are a minor nuisance at best. Maybe one day you will sign up and play a game so Rhoth can whup your sorry a$$.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta

Nope - game is progressing very well.

Your attempts at derailment are a minor nuisance at best. Maybe one day you will sign up and play a game so Rhoth can whup your sorry a$$.
          Been there. Done that. Uh in a manly, "I win" way of course. Get your head out of the gutter.

Comment

• Minor nuisance?

Its spam pure and simple.

And since Rhoth started this one right befoe I went on a two week vacation, I bowed out.

You guys hate when I beat you anyway
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• As I recall we waited a month or more before starting so you could have played.

And no we don't hate when you beat us...it has to happen first before we can learn to hate it.

Comment

Minor nuisance?

Its spam pure and simple.
                I've never known you to spam!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                  As I recall we waited a month or more before starting so you could have played.

And no we don't hate when you beat us...it has to happen first before we can learn to hate it.
                  Ya but you cheated in the Colonies game, Im sure of it so that doesn't really count

Comment

Ya but you cheated in the Colonies game, Im sure of it so that doesn't really count

That's called "knowing the rules of the game". At the beginning of that game I outlined the necessary parameters to win. It's not my fault that the rest of you were trying to settle more land instead of focused on creating the treasure units that were the victory condition of the game. I settled only a few choice treasure production spots (parts of the Caribbean and the Ivory Coast) and then focused on defensive units, controlling the seas around my cities with multiple frigate task forces, and rushing the necessary city improvements to allow me to build the treasure units as soon as possible.

Even if you guys had gotten your act together and ganged up on me before the end of the game you still would have a lot of difficulty in eliminating me before I could win. I had 6 or 7 muskets in every city in the Caribbean along with around 20-30 frigates for sinking your ships. And you would have to attack my Ivory Coast holdings as well, which while not as well defended were still decently defended and could still produce multiple treasure units if not attacked.

BTW, for snoop and Geo, con and I were talking about an old Civ3 PBEM with Beta, Witt and Paddy a few years ago. It was the settle the new world scenario that required you to bring back treasure units to the mainland...not settle the entire U.S. mainland.

Comment

• Like I said you cheated

Comment

...not settle the entire U.S. mainland.
                        And damn, I was 89% of the way there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                          And damn, I was 89% of the way there.
                          I think you were just trying to fulfill your Evil Canadian Fantasies TM!

...at least the non-supermodel type.

Comment

• The game is currenty down.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I think you were just trying to fulfill your Evil Canadian Fantasies TM!

...at least the non-supermodel type.
                              Mounties rule!!!

Comment

• Down dooby doo down down

Comment

Working...
                                X