Aegean Team Game: Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369
    I'm not sure why that is Witt, Geo's playing a very peaceful civ who no sane person would ever play as a warlike civ.
    I can just picture you saying that with a straight face Snoopy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
      I don't know why, but your question makes me nervous Geo...
      Merely asking because I'm not sure if something that happened is an issue or not.
      And remember I just inherited the throne, atm I have to finish what someone else started.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geo's asking if we're playing no double moves within a reasonable timeframe in this game, or if double moves are explicitly allowed.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Although I am new to this game as well, I would imagine that we're playing no double moves within a reasonable timeframe caveat...but then, I could easily be wrong.

Comment

Well, I had it an opponent moved his catapult (and probably an axeman too) within striking range of my stack a few minutes before the turn lapsed, and attacked my stack with it after the turn lapsed.
            I knew these units location because they were within my field of view, and 3 hours before the end of the turn they were still within their original spot while the player had an asterisk behind his nick meaning he had pressed "end turn". This turn my stack was attacked (among the attackers were these moved units) and their original location was empty.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
              Well, I had it an opponent moved his catapult (and probably an axeman too) within striking range of my stack a few minutes before the turn lapsed, and attacked my stack with it after the turn lapsed.
              It was pure luck that I check the game when I did. If it the turn didn't end when it did (in little as 30mins longer) I wouldn't of been able to do the turns so quickly
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

The point here is not your gamespeed, but the fact you already finished your turn so to speak (assembled and reinforced a stack of units next to mine) while keeping an (unmoved) guard in your capital which was under observation of one of my ships.
                If you hadn't moved that guard to your stack in the few minutes before the turn lapsed, and used the catapult as your
                first unit to attack my stack just after the turn lapsed there wouldn't have been a problem. The battle would probably have been quite a bit better (for me then) if you didn't use it to do collateral damage on my stack before, which probably enabled at least one of those axeman in your stack to take out my unit(s) too easily.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Actually, the point is the game speed as well In all of the PTBSs that I've played in, there has been an agreement not to "double move", or move units twice in a very short period of time without the opponent being able to react (during a war). I had thought we were playing by this in this game as well, but perhaps it was not discussed.

Comment

geo: even if there would be something to agree on (such as: must be at least 2 hours between moving in and attacking) there is probably nothing you can do about that, unless you're logged in the next 24 hours.

on the other hand you have the upper hand in the next turn. you can delay the turn end (when the clock resets), eg. take a time the aggressor is sleeping or at school and double-turn him back...

that being said: play nice, bribe your neighbors and you'll never have to worry about that
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

it's just not fair... some people miss 4 turns and are still ranked 2nd overall
                      i have the feeling that the starting islands for other players were a whole lot better than my dry/cold one and the jungle island of my pinchak and one of our neighbor's...

Comment

on the other hand you have the upper hand in the next turn. you can delay the turn end (when the clock resets), eg. take a time the aggressor is sleeping or at school and double-turn him back...
                        Hard to double-turn back if the army is too damaged to do anything, doesn't it?
                        But it didn't matter too much this time, his losses were still almost twice mine (counted in hammers).
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

so who was it?

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                            so who was it?
                            Following the conversation in the thread - I would imagine it was mrboo123.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

It's more of a question for the future, as Geo notes. Most or all of the other PTBS games have come up with a solution somewhere between 8 hours and 12 hours after the turn before you are allowed to go in again and make a combat-related move. I don't care either way (I generally argue against it to be honest) but given how pretty much all of the other games are that way, it seems like a good idea to be consistent in that regard.

Comment

Sorry to interrumpt the conversation, but I will be on vacation the next two weeks and I need somebody to replace me in this time for this game and/or bohemian epic. If you are interested or know somebody who could be interested, thanks to pm me!

For the subject discussed: I don't have enough experience in multiplaying to have an opinion. I don't feel the free move / attack is bad, but just come up with a decision and I will follow it

Comment

Working...
                                X