No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespy just crashed as i was logged into game.. finished my turn.. but was playing around with city MM.. so dunno what state the pitboss will be in after reload.. and will be unavailable and travelling all day

Comment

• As long as Alex' computer was not crashed, he can save and reload it from there, the breaking of the connection won't affect anyone who's turn is already played.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm actually on vacation until January but I may get a chance to get into the office to restart the server tonight...

Comment

• cool, thanks

Any idea on the OOS?

Comment

• Meh, vacations .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Game back up...

Comment

• Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Something is very weird.

Whenever I try to change preferrences in my city economy, I keep getting Out Of Sync messages, am urged to re-log and if I do so, all changes are taken back. I'm basically unable to manage my city. I hope this can be fixed.

Comment

• Hmm, do you mean whenever you change your city's workforce?

IF it's only you, then it likely indicates something's not the same on your computer as on everyone else's computers in the xml files that control terrain values or something like that. Does it happen with every single change in your WF, or just a particular change?

Also, have you played any mods lately, or (ever) made any changes to the base XML, Python, or DLL files? Including in vanilla Civ, or in pre-patch WL?

Comment

• It does sound like you are playing with a different DLL than the server. Strange, all those things would have been caught in the checksum before getting an OOS.

By the way, I am away on vacation until Jan 2nd, and until then I have a terrible internet connection. I'm having trouble connecting to the game so I will have to skip a bunch of my turns, delaying the game. Sorry!

Comment

• Anyone noticed how 24 hours is actually more than 24 hours? I would swear that yesterday afternoon, the new turn was scheduled to begin at "8:44am" - today, it's going to be "10:44am", according to CivStats...

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman
                          It does sound like you are playing with a different DLL than the server. Strange, all those things would have been caught in the checksum before getting an OOS.
                          I have Blakes DLL in "My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets". In the Warlords installation directory is the original one. I thought the game omits the custom stuff when I choose the "Multiplayer" option and loads only the originals?!

Comment

• SR, it might, but it's a lot, lot safer to put the DLL in a mod directory. Alexman could speak to this better I suspect ... but I'd worry about this being the cause.

It's quite possible it doesn't use the DLL for the checksum, but uses some part of the mod for some reason, anyway. I'd hope not, but ... ?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman
                              By the way, I am away on vacation until Jan 2nd, and until then I have a terrible internet connection. I'm having trouble connecting to the game so I will have to skip a bunch of my turns, delaying the game. Sorry!
                              Quite interesting btw.. I have been on vacation for a week now (back jan 2nd too) and have been connecting though my mobile phone all the time...
                              Interesting part is this.. I have to connect atleast twice to get into the game on my 20Mbit ADSL connection at home, but I have connected on first attempt every single time with the slow mobile phone connection (except once when I got disconnected while the save was downloading)

Comment

• It seems that if it takes you longer than roughly 5 minutes to download save and load up game from when you enter the civ password in the civ selection screen, then pitboss logs you off even if you are still connected?

Comment

Working...
                                X