• Show
Clear All

• 1580 A D (Finalized)

The Sacred Save
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I'm on it.
      Grandpa, it looks like you're trying to alienate every other civ in this game?
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 1580bis
        Moving units, switching Cuzco's production to a Settler.

Liberalism discovered, I followed Maki's advice and choose Printing Press as our free tech. Banking in the pipeline now.

Cyrus wants 140 gold, I do refuse that blasphemism.
        Hagia Sophia finished by Qin.

Huamanga finishes a theater, starts on a granary.
        Russia declares war on Persia. Meaning that those two are off our back for the moment.
        I upgraded every units with at least 5 XP. Want to minimize the risk of more bribes being demanded.
        Some "surgical" forest chops continue (outside city radii thus).

Cuzco finishes a settler, starts on a Confucian Missionary.

Banking discovered, switching to Economics and I use our Great Merchant to rush half the beakers already... Now let's see if we can snoop the free GM from Economics under the other Civ's noses...
        Vidcabamba founded between Cuzco and Machu Picchu, started a lighthouse there (just to let you guys show how profitable a well-placed tundra city can become with proper handling.

Cuzco finishes the missionary, starts on the granary.
        Russia tries to drag us into its war with Persia. As tempting as it might be, I refuse.
        Susa has been captured by the Russian Empire, and was appearantly razed.
        Darn, misgambled, France beats us to Economics.

Cuzco finishes the granary, starts on another missionary.

Now Cyrus wants us onto Russia. A big njet is the response.
        Economics discovered, starting on Nationalism.
        Buddhism infiltrates in Vilcabamba... looks like its getting time we take over Madrid AND Barcelona...
        We spread Confucianism in Knossos.
        Tiwanaku finally finishes that forge, I start a Courthouse there and also put the city in starvation mode to hurry it a bit.
        Time for some civic changes. Next turn we'll be a good old fashioned 19th century god-bearing monarchy on a internationally minded market with lots of low-wage labourers.

Moving around the labourers...

Cuzco finishes the missionary, starts on a bank.
        Machu Picchy finishes a university, and also starts a bank.
        Confucianism has found its way into Ollamtaytambo.

Our empire under the sun:
        Last edited by GeoModder; February 13, 2010, 15:52.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Jay, managed to jump over Cyrus in points!
          We're nr. 1 in tech, so probably could construct the Taj Mahal to get our first golden age. (I strongly advise to construct it in Machu Picchu)

Our demographics:
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• We need to have more cities. Wonder why you guys didn't settle our remaining open terrain before. There should at least come another city on the east of Cuzco just under the cow. (and chopping the forest there beforehand of course)
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• And the next one's Precious:
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Quiet afternoon here, so I'll take the save out for a spin
                But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

• Originally posted by Makahlua
                  Quiet afternoon here, so I'll take the save out for a spin
                  thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder
                    We need to have more cities. Wonder why you guys didn't settle our remaining open terrain before.
                    Um, we got busy with saving our hides?

1630AD (0) Looks good, just woke up a spare knight to poke around in Greece

1635 (1) I'm pulling back our galleys to Vilcas, to prepare for ferrying troops over to Spain. Time we slapped Isabella back

1640 (2) Granary done in Huamanga, adding another Galley to the fleet

1645 (3) Whooo, Qin is not happy with us - first he canceled open borders, now gold for crabs. And both are redded out in the diplo screen. Probably because I woldn't hand over Printing Press a couple turns back, but I don't want to help his economy any :P

(?) done in Olla, Harbor started. Our wandering knight has found two more Greek cities in the north.

1650 (4) Lighthouse done in Vilcabamba, Granary started

1655 (5) Nationalism finished, Gunpowder next We are now running at 90% sci with a surplus of +32 a turn Bank done in Cuzco, Settler started. Cyrus rang up wanting Philo for free, I convinced him it was worth paying for (140g + World Map)

1660 (6)

1665 (7) Harbor done in Olla, Bank started

1670 (8) ZOMG. Qin is attacking Isabella! I bet he's after those Spanish colonies in his south.

1675 (9) Gunpowder done, MilTrad started. Theatre done in Vilcas, Harbor started. Settlers headed to the Cows, Cuzco starts Taj Mahal (who wants quick cheap, muskets and Cavalry? ^^)

1680 (10) Vitcos founded, lighthouse started.

And that does it for me Just re-read Geo's notes and made a last minute switch of the Taj to MP Only thing to add in notes is to get us Astronomy next for Galleons. Less trips across to Spain - better yet, being able to land right next to a city and pwn it
                    Attached Files
                    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

• Powergraph @1680
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Makahlua; March 6, 2006, 18:52.

Comment

• Demographics @1680

Still 2nd in GNP and dead last in soldiers - definitely something to work on in the GA to come!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Makahlua; March 6, 2006, 18:53.

Comment

• Oh wow lots of progress today- I'm very happy!

Great work guys and gals!

I can probably go tonight too but it anyone else is around who hasnt played in a while please jump in!! (just make sure you announce it so that we dont jump on the same save!)

Comment

• And the save!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks Miss Maki

Comment

• spinning another 10
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X