• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cado, try this:

photo resizer

It's pretty simple to use and free

Comment

• Thanks for the link. I'll try it this evening after work.

Comment

• Also www.gimp.org ... tis a free gnu version of Photoshop.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• 1120bc: Start irrigating outside rome, scout exploring

1080bc: More exploring ... and we run into Cyrus of Persia

1040bc: Settler completes, heads southwest to the coast.
          Attached Files

Comment

• 1000bc: Very active turn. We discover Bronze working, discover the Greeks, and notice the French are ... encroaching ... on our territory. Once we discover Iron working, I think this should be ... addressed.

Comment

• btw, Cado, that second one I used the Thumbnail posting method just to show how it's done - you can Upload (top of every page) images to your 'upload' space here on Apolyton, and then on the bottom of the finished uploading page there's a 'thumbnail' html code that you can paste in here to show a 800x600 size image here and link to the full size image, without doing any of the work to shrink it

Comment

• Indeed, if the French so much as think about settling our part of the continent I would endorse sending some swordsmen to do some "negotiating"

Comment

• 975bc: Hmm, french scout, not french settler. Anyway, the point remains we need to deal with them Settler heads over to a better spot to settle.

950bc: Aww, stonehenge was built in 'a far away land', meaning we don't get it Will take the money anyway, but that's one of my favorite wonders ... Worker finishes irrigation, is heading out to support the new city.

925bc: Hmm, let's build a worker in Rome. 3 Workers should do us for a while ... then probably a settler, and then ... Who knows

900 bc: Not much, more scouting.

875bc: Still not much happening. Found what's likely the capital Japanese city ...

Attached is a pic of the Roman world, ca 875bc. There's one great place to settle, and it's where the French scout is currently standing; other than that, and probably eventually one south of Rome on the coast, we don't have a lot Antium's initial settling spot may end up being a better location than I thought mine was, just because it doesn't steal squares from Cumae, and uses squares that would otherwise be useless north of it. (It does steal from the theoretical next city between the silk and the sheep, but that's okay, that'll be a fine city anyway.)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Here are the demographics. Nothing spectacular, but first in a very important category - GNP - and although 6th in the other one, Mfg. goods, only 1mil off of the average, so not bad really, just a tight race.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• And the save
                      Attached Files

Comment

• It's alright, I like stonehenge alot too but obelisks are cheap especially with our stone resource, and stonehenge becomes obsolete rather quickly in the game.

So the French still have not built a second city that we know of? This surprises me.. they farmed that rice patch early and had a size 4 city well before us... wonder what they're up to...

Comment

• Barbarian City?

850 B.C.
                          Our scout has stumbled across something interesting! A barbarian city to the south of Japan's center.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• 850 B.C.

Set our worker to roading the mine and preparing a road to the sheep to the north of Antium.

825:
                            Exploring around Japan.

800:
                            Worker ready at Rome, started settler. Worker's first job is to complete the road to Antium.

775-725:
                            Exploring the southwest with our scout.

700:
                            The discovery of iron working has propelled us into the classical era. I chose pottery as our next scientific research area so we can learn to build cottages. Worker is building a sheep pasture near Antium.

675:
                            Cumae and Antium both connected now. Worker at Cumae is now building an iron mine, Antium's is about to begin work on a farm.

650:
                            Cumae finished its first archer and is now constructing a work boat in order to take advantage of the local "fresh catch" of crabs.

625:
                            Completed pottery, started sailing, I'm going for the infrastructure techs.

600:
                            Settler is in the field now, Rome is working on a new archer. Sheep pasture at Antium done and a new cottage is being constructed.

575:
                            End of my turn, here is the state of world exploration as of right now:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• And the state of our mighty empire!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Save File, Next?

Here is the save game, ready for the next ruler.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X