[PBEM]Civ4 PBEM #1: Classics (10/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOC = One City Challenge
    It's an old strategy/challenge from the days old Civ2. You can only own one city throughout the whole game. It can just as "easily" be played in a SP game.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

This will not be an OCC game, but people can feel free to post other PBEMs as well I'll sort this one out (and probably suggest a second game) in a bit after dinner
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Okay, updated.

We have 8 players right now, so that's 2 games I'm sure more will trickle in, will make more games as necessary. 4 players is the minimum for a good game, but it's enough for a good (and very fast!) PBEM game, even if nobody else joins.

Comment

Snoop hows it going, Im in if someone drops or you coordinate a third game.

Akulla
          The stupid shall be punished.
          www.akulla3D.com
          ^^^
          "Never interupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Thanks for the OCC info... Never tried the alternate gameplay ideas, I tend to be a bit of a purist.

Nice job organizing Snoop!

Man, I can't wait for this game to come out!!!!!!
            15 years of Civ addiction and counting.

Comment

Oh, I was planning on having more than 4 in each game ... just 4 is the minimum.

Comment

no problem going with more players

I just would like to keep the game going and moving.

I liked Paddy the Scots idea about elimantion of your civ if you dissapear

this can be tweaked.
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'd like to request that people play their turns for Civ3. I mean I see where 1-2 weeks go by without a turn being played. IF you have signed up for the Civ4 "first" PBEM game please make sure you are living up to your responsibilities in playing to completion your Civ3 PBEM. Thankyou.

Comment

BF found us. There goes the goes the nieghborhood

You better jump on the bandwagon BF I got a feeling CIV 3 is going to fade fast after CIV 4. I think you'll agree the interest in CIV 3 has taken a decline here the last 6 months to a year. I only see that accelerating after CIV 4 unfortunately or fortunately depending upon your point of view.
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                      I'd like to request that people play their turns for Civ3. I mean I see where 1-2 weeks go by without a turn being played. IF you have signed up for the Civ4 "first" PBEM game please make sure you are living up to your responsibilities in playing to completion your Civ3 PBEM. Thankyou.

I second that motion - although given my tardiness of late, I cannot throw stones in this regard. But I am committed to finishing my civ 3 games.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

snoop. Roll me into a pbem. Any civ. I'll take Greec if no one else has. Is it one of the civs??? Shows how much civ4 research I have done.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Dont bother beta Im going to kick your *BEEP*

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I'll be the Romans.

Comment

Updated and shuffled a bit to accomodate play-together requests.

BF, I agree 80%. I fully intend to play any civ3 PBEM that looks like it's still going to complete; but i'm not sure i'm interested in playing games that are dying or just progressing very slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                                BF found us. There goes the goes the nieghborhood

You better jump on the bandwagon BF I got a feeling CIV 3 is going to fade fast after CIV 4. I think you'll agree the interest in CIV 3 has taken a decline here the last 6 months to a year. I only see that accelerating after CIV 4 unfortunately or fortunately depending upon your point of view.
                                Yeah, I fear you are correct and all the time I've put into Civ3 PBEM's may just go for naught. It'd be pretty cool if you could import Civ3 games into Civ 4 though. Maybe someone will make an import/export tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X