Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    To the Zulu:
    Purpose: let them know that they are a warmonger nation and that we're prepared for it, and all in a friendly tone to not anger them.

[Concept: will post in 24 hours, or if 3 agree and nobody disagrees]
    ------------------
    Hail mighty warriors of the Zulu,

We have been eagerly waiting for your arrival!
    Word has spread about your strength and and courage and reached our cities.
    Some of our generals have longed to meat yours for long, to speak about the arts of war, and learn from each other, because there is no civilization that has knowledge about the fruits of strength and power, like yours and ours

May we ask you about the purpose of your visit and your intentions?
    We great you and admire you and hope for healthy relations that will benefit the both of us.

Sir Rho Berth
    Chief foreign Advisor of our beloved Queen Lizzy
    Should be 'meet'. Meat is what you eat. But good otherwise.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I think our diplomacy staff should work faster and if needed more independently. We don't need to make serious votes on each individual letter if we have consensus (like now we want good relations with everyone)
      Letters should be posted here before sending for 24h at most. Then if someone wants to suggest modification he can do it.
      Last edited by mzprox; November 15, 2012, 06:56.

Comment

Could we just copy the above greeting to the Zulu and substitute Aztec. Maybe delete the line about purpose of visit because they have not found us we found them.

edit: Also should be greet not great in ' we great and admire you......'
        Last edited by Hercules; November 15, 2012, 10:06.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Any word back from the Zulus?

How shall we deal with the Aztec?

Contact them ? see above

My view is we need more input from our chief foreign diplomat.

Comment

Originally posted by mzprox View Post
            I think our diplomacy staff should work faster and if needed more independently. We don't need to make serious votes on each individual letter if we have consensus (like now we want good relations with everyone)
            Letters should be posted here before sending for 24h at most. Then if someone wants to suggest modification he can do it.
            Originally posted by Hercules View Post
            My view is we need more input from our chief foreign diplomat.
            I agree.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
              Could we just copy the above greeting to the Zulu and substitute Aztec. Maybe delete the line about purpose of visit because they have not found us we found them.

edit: Also should be greet not great in ' we great and admire you......'
              That works.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                That works.

I hearby nominate you as Apolyton Diplomat to the Aztecs.

Comment

I don't have access to the game. Or do I just write it here and someone else sends it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    I don't have access to the game. Or do I just write it here and someone else sends it?

don't see why not

Comment

diplo messages are not sent ingame, because they can be missed/lost etc.

Comment

To the Aztec:
                        Purpose: let them know that they are a warmonger nation and that we're prepared for it, and all in a friendly tone to not anger them.

[Concept: will post in 24 hours, or if 3 agree and nobody disagrees]
                        ------------------
                        Hail mighty warriors of the Aztec,

We are pleased to have made your acquaintance!
                        Word of your strength and courage has reached our cities including that you have built a great oracle. You are to be congratulated on your accomplishments and we look forward to learning of this new religion you have founded known as Confucianism.

We are unfamiliar with your lands and wish to explore the edges of it so that in the future we can better define our mutual border and perhaphs develop trade relations. We great you and admire you and hope for healthy relations that will benefit the both of us.

Sir Rho Berth
                        Chief foreign Adviser of our beloved Queen Lizzy

Comment

Sorry, I was away for a couple of days and had indeed forgotten to send out the messages to the Zulu and the Inca.
                          This has been done now.

Since right now 3 people have agreed upon the Zulu letter I have sent that one out as well.
                          Our group-mail list is always included so that possible responses should arrive to everybody immediately.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I have updated the first post of this thread with contact info and relation status.
                            So if I go MIA again someone else can easier reach out to other civs. I'll try to keep things updated there.

edit: is it already known who the other civs are? (the ones we haven't met yet) so that I can finalize the first post with all relevant data.

Comment

First post of this Diplo Thread now contains all diplomatic info we have, including all communications per civilization in chronological order.
                              I'll try to keep up with diplomacy better from now on.

Comment

Response from the Aztec Empire
                                -------------------------------

Sir Rho Berth,

It is honour to greet your envoys in our lands.We hope for your peaceful intentions, because the one who brings the sword into our holy lands is to be commited by the sword.

We are also happy to congratulate you with the great person born in your land.

We appreciate your attempts to share our religion and develop trade relations. We are interested in the following agreements first of all:
                                1) Turn based Non-Agression Pact
                                2) Open borders and making road for establishing trade routes. Please consider it necessary to discuss "right of passage" separately
                                3) Defining mutual borders in adjacent land. But we are even less familiar with your location. How far is your current border from ours?
                                4) Sharing information about other nations

Let us know what do you think.

Bests,
                                Aztec Empire

Comment

Working...
                                X