No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even when the war with RB started it was Bemep who was playing CP's turns. But you never heard of him, as he does like to play the game, but does not like publicity. The guy lives in Donetzk - fyi this is the city where the most intensive fights between pro-Russia and Ukraine forces are fighting.
    OK that is understandable.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Mz, are you able to write up a recap of the game? It'd be great to post something on the Apolyton front page about the conclusion of this long running game.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• i don't know, I already wrote my thoughts in this thead and I1mnot sure I could recap it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
          i don't know, I already wrote my thoughts in this thead and I1mnot sure I could recap it better.
          I think Ozzy wants your thoughts about the entire game. They are too spread out in the entire thread (and forum) to have him make a news-article in a reasonable period of time. So it would just be summarizing your earlier thoughts and not new content.

If I'm wrong and he just wants to say how the game ended that's very simple. The game was abandoned after CivPlayers stopped moving (now with someone defending them saying anything more is speculation) and a replacement player wasn't able to be found in a reasonable amount of time. There was no official result but RB, S-Apolyton, WPC and the Germans clearly lost the game because they died. Now if the game wasn't abandoned only CFC & Apolyton would be plausible winners. It's only a matter of time before CivPlayers and CivFr would collapse and give us too many cities for UCiv to keep up with unless they systematically play both sides. But that wouldn't work because CFC and Apolyton are closer than UCiv is to them (from shared wars and the fact that UCiv didn't do anything) and would act on that even if it's not the best play.
          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• I am still reading CFC threads. So I have still to reach an opinion but I think your comment is a fair summation.

Now if the game wasn't abandoned only CFC & Apolyton would be plausible winners. It's only a matter of time before CivPlayers and CivFr would collapse and give us too many cities for UCiv to keep up with unless they systematically play both sides. But that wouldn't work because CFC and Apolyton are closer than UCiv is to them (from shared wars and the fact that UCiv didn't do anything) and would act on that even if it's not the best play.

Comment

• MJW is correct, I want more than just the ending. I want an overview of the whole game. It doesn't have to be detailed, I can embellish. I just don't remember enough detail to write up a story myself.

Stuff on:
              -turning points
              -early decisions as far as our land and early strategy
              -our overall strategy
              -wars
              -any fun anecdotes
              -a super brief timeline

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                I am still reading CFC threads. So I have still to reach an opinion but I think your comment is a fair summation.
                I take it you got access by being let into the group?
                “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• Originally posted by MJW View Post
                  I take it you got access by being let into the group?
                  Yes that is correct. I am on the last sections, working from oldest to newest. Currently reading their Skullduggery thread that is the equivalent of RB C&D thread.

I think we should ask for the other teams to open their forums (even if I can't read speak French or German). That was part of the ISDG participation contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                    Yes that is correct. I am on the last sections, working from oldest to newest. Currently reading their Skullduggery thread that is the equivalent of RB C&D thread.

I think we should ask for the other teams to open their forums (even if I can't read speak French or German). That was part of the ISDG participation contract.
                    I won't be the one to do that because as I've said before I don't care about the other forums.

Comment

• Okay I've read CFC's forums a little bit and can point out three things:

1. Precipitation in CFC went way down after the RB war. The biggest reason by far is that the game went on too long. If there's another ISDG I'll push like crazy for Quick speed especially if it's not the first ISDG of the new firaxis game.

2. UCiv has a very high chance of just vassalizing to CFC. They are only really talking to them. I was pretty sure of that because they were eager to continue (CFC has a very good chance of winning and UCiv gets bumped up from 4th to 2nd place). This shows how winning or doing good covers up a large amount of sins and shortcomings.

This would set up a 2 v 1 which is extra nasty because UCiv isn't playing to win and can gold-gift and do other BS things like crazy. We would still have a chance because I don't think we annoyed CivFr and CivPlayers as much. So there's a good chance that CivFr & CivPlayers wont defend against us and we get enough cities to keep up. Also because we know that it's a locked 2 v 1 and the final alliance of the game and there won't be another game after this one we can NAP-stab them. There's also a good chance that after CivFr and CP dies that people don't have energy for a real game. If that happened there's a good chance that CFC and us agree to a two-way draw and kill UCiv if they don't agree. Lastly, MZ is better than the other turnplayers so we have a snowball's chance anyway if worst comes to worst.

3. The first attack really did cripple CivFr and I've also seen that they had other turnplayers who probably dropped out after they realized they couldn't win. Now I could still play in that situation but would set a different objective: screwing over CFC for crippling me.

I probably won't have anything more to say so goodbye everyone.

Comment

• Sad comments from me after two years involvement. I can't access some of the forums despite their signing up to such.

We came out OK thanks to Mzprox.

As far as I can see he hasn't posted since.

Comment

• He was really burned out by it all, but he did a tremendous job in the game. Poor guy.

Comment

• The game was fun, but not without problems. I think if we ever play a game in similar fashion (not necessairly civ) we should put it into a realistic time-frame. It just took too much time for too long, and with current speed it could had lasted for an other year at least, there were only a few active people in the end and even they were bored because of the slow pace.

Comment

• Good to see you posting after such a time.

Comment

• So where are you now?

Given up on Civ4 MP and moved on. Changed to a different game? Got family and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X