Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    On a completely unrelated note... I just got engaged!!!

Pics?

Congrats, man.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Important:

Cfc's defense is in ruins, they warn us about Aztec's power. Question: shall we do something?

In this turn cfc reports the loss of 60 units while aztec lost 6-7. Cfc says they don't even have the strength to counterattack.
      As you remember our stance was to let aztec and cfc fight their war while we strengthen our economy and focus on Maya and possibly on uciv to eliminate cfc's ally. It was unexpected that aztec could win against cfc who had the biggest production and help from uciv. But now it seems aztec could walk over cfc's land and the only thing that could stop that is that our NAP with aztec ends in 5 turns.
      Our strength is 3,6 mill vs aztec's 5 mill and with the recent loss of cfc we are second in power-note that 30+ modern unit we get next turn is not included. But also we should not forget that aztec can start a golden age at any time.

If we are to go war (or just not extend the nap with aztec) there is an other thing to consider: cfc will not help us against maya, while aztec could help them on that front and holding those cities binds a very big force. I think we should consider eliminating this weak spot, by giving up the 6-7 mayan cities we got and use our forces to defend our own cities which is much easier if the enemy border is not right next to our city. It's a bummer since I have built factories and coal plants there, but it's more important to save our army and weaken aztec than to weaken maya. Ofc if this would happen i would first slave/draft them and try to make plans to recapture them once they lost and that time raze these cities.

Comment

• new turn, quite uneventful for us. We built 29 tanks, we get an other 19 for next turn. It's possible that even by next turn we get the no1. position in military strength.

Comment

• Maya are to the SW of us? I'm trying to remember the map. Is it possible that CFC will last until our NAP with the Maya is up so even if the Aztecs grow so will we by taking cities from the Maya. I say, ever give up cities.

Comment

• Yes maya is SW, but we have no nap with maya, we just don't have enough forces to continue with our attack. Plan was that we wait for tanks, but those tanks will be needed to defend against possible aztec attack- or we might attack aztec ourselves. Maya has about 50 cannons, very dangerous on our border cities and those cities just right on the border since maya culture is strong on the conquered territories.

Btw I tweaked our military production a bit, by producing some antitanks, airships, marines, artilleries..besides the 19 tanks we get 12 other units. It's t236 now, we have 4 turns before our nap ends with aztec.

Comment

• Collected some screenshots from current turn:
              ScreenShots7.rar
              As expected from this turn we are the leaders in power, as well as all the other important stats (gnp, food, production, land area) though our golden age ends next turn, but we will probably retain positions except in production. But as our golden age ends I will increase slaving drafting in our cities which are close to health/happy cap anyway.

Among the screenshots there is one of our capital, the third specialized city I present here:
              Aurora is the greatest commerce city of the world (ofc golden age boosts it right now, but it would be the greatest even without it) It is because it's a capital and holy city in one, and we have both the Oxford and the walll street built here. The shrine gives 72*3 gold each turn. The base production in this city is also high (I think the highest among our cities). It has an academy and the Statue of Liberty world wonder.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice screen shots.

Comment

• There was a new turn, but nothing really interesting happened.. however there are long pauses always... hard to keep even me interested.

Comment

• It is t239 now.. T-1 before the great war...
                    You didn't comment on whether we should join cfc against the aztec, so it seems I have to decide that, and while not 100% sure it's the right thing to do I1m leaning to declaring war on aztec.. or purely game mechanics reasons I let them declare war on us.
                    We are not as prepared to this war as we should be.. i knew many turns ago that it would be about t245 when we'd be ready, but aztec knows this too. Still in the last five turns including this one we had more than doubled our military strength (power rating). by t240 we will have 100+ tanks and several other units.. we can not defend each of our border cities, so we must be prepared to lose some less important cities, but we shall overproduce our enemy and make them pay for any advance. For similar reasons we will not attack the aztecs yet.. it would be too costly, but in the next turn we finally return our war with the maya. We are sending in everything we got and destroy any city we can.

http://imgur.com/jyt8NGb

http://imgur.com/jSArVu3
                    Last edited by mzprox; July 6, 2014, 15:51.

Comment

• CFC is purple on the mini-map? They still have a huge amount of land. I thought they were getting hammered by the Aztecs?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• they did not lose much land, but many units and some good cities

Comment

• I popped into the game eventually through all the hoops.

Ok. I agree we take on Maya next turn and see what happens.

If we severely damage the Maya to the point that they are reduced to being non effective is there a chance Aztecs would see a reason to ally with us against CFC and uciv.

If we go to war with Aztecs then will CFC and Uciv see their strategy delivered and join CFC together against us. That is unless we have an agreement with CFC to turn against Uciv after Aztecs defeat.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• In any event I would agree that we not invade Aztecs. Maybe they'll attack us, maybe they will keep their focus on CFC. Prepare for war, but don't initiate it.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I hcfc would agree on some kind of nap until uciv is a threat. I told aztec that we would likely to be enemies in a war soon, but right, we wil lnot declare war just yet. our focus is to end the war on the mayan front.

Comment

• What was the context for the comment to Aztec about being in a war soon? Is it possible that they expect we will invade once the NAP is over?

I think ideally we leave CFC & Aztec alone entirely until Maya are finished off, then we can decide which side to join. It is most likely hopeless, but anything we can do to keep ourselves out of that war for now can only help us. We don't want to spark any paranoia or fan any flames of war until Maya is gone.

Of course, as you say, it is most likely a done deal that Aztec will declare war, but if there is any chance that they won't, we should encourage that.

We probably want to keep our options open, so signing another NAP wouldn't be a good idea, but is there any way to give assurances to the Aztec that we don't plan to attack them any time soon (if, indeed, they are afraid of us attacking?).

Comment

Working...
                                X