No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, generally speaking, settling a PH is great because though you lose 2H (until RR), you gain 2F, which in the early game is a great trade-off. A 2F2H1C tile is about as good a tile as you'll get outside of the really high bonuses. Certainly, more needs to be seen before choosing a spot. That hub map of Cal's is looking more legit as the turns pass, too.

Comment

• I agree to Apollo moving NE. Yep it is safer.

I wonder if that's the same bear we spotted earlier.

Is there any value in Cerebus exploring south a little, as far as the hill east/north east of Mount Parnassus by keeping to forest and hills. Or is it too risky?
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I thought moving him out of Apolyton would make Apolyton unhappy. I checked it in the test game, but that isn't so.

So we could move him to that hill and then back.
        Agree?

PS. It is NOT the same bear, it is another..

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
          I thought moving him out of Apolyton would make Apolyton unhappy. I checked it in the test game, but that isn't so.

So we could move him to that hill and then back.
          Agree?
          I am ok with that but let's wait to see what the 'bear' outcome is.

Comment

• I moved Cerberus one tile SW. As he is within city limits, there is zero risk.

And if you guys would like him to move, then we have gained one turn, otherwise we just move him back into Apolyton.

I prefer the yellow route, it shows the same or more territory, and it gives Cerberus the chance to protect the settler.
            Last edited by Calanthian; August 26, 2012, 02:01.

Comment

• The hill and back should be fine as anyone sneaking up on us would likely come from that direction.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Guys, I know you like exploring, but we need those warrios to help us expand. I wouldn't had send the second warrios that east, and now it should turn back (provided survives the bear attack)

the third warrior should move 2 NW to the plain hill and fortify there. it is VERY important. leaving the warrior there is fogbusting, we could be sure that no barbarian would spawn near our second city site, and if an animal comes we would have best chance there to win.

Comment

• the third warrior should move 2 NW to the plain hill and fortify there. it is VERY important. leaving the warrior there is fogbusting, we could be sure that no barbarian would spawn near our second city site, and if an animal comes we would have best chance there to win.
                  excellent suggestion > I changed my vote

The yellow route has the most votes so far..

Comment

• Fog busting sounds good. He'd be close enough to get back to defend the city too provided the enemy doesn't have a chariot.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• T25.

Belerophon's fight:

* Apollo went 1 NE
                      * Bellerophon won his fight, and is fortying and healing
                      * Cerberus to hill 2 NW ??
                      * Some other players made a jump in the scores

Comment

• Pleased we beat the Bear. What is the recovery rate?

I am a bit confused about references to city 2 site but going NW to near poss city 3 to fog bust.

Can Cererbus not do both: go 2 turns purple to the hill and back (4 turns) and 2 turns NW. And still be ready for settler.

Meanwhile Apollo is part fog busting in the S.

I am for route purple and it is just 1 tile outside city limits.
                        Last edited by Hercules; August 26, 2012, 14:51.

Comment

• I am a bit confused about references to city 2 site but going NW to near poss city 3 to fog bust.
                          a road will be built from corn to SW of cow: to speed up arrival of settler on 2nd city site, while meanwhile moving our worker there (see the detailed play through).

Placing Cerberus on that hill will make sure the chance of animals blocking the route to the 2nd city site will decrease dramatically.

Recovery rate: (from memory) 6 turns.

Comment

• The turn is going very quickly.. we and one other team are the last one to end their turn..

therefore..

we need to choose where to send Cerberus.

Yellow: Mz, Calanthian, Dinner
                            Purple: Hercules

5 votes is enough for a majority.

Comment

• I can't see the pics now for some reason, but in a path that would take him to a neighbor once we've scouted out 1-2 city widths from the capital.

Comment

• Blue.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X