Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First I agree with your #254 post.

Re land jump from 21000 to 35000, is that what you mean. That happened after turn 24. How is that reached.?

Is that how you reckon some civ has now a second city?
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Settler first? An unusual approach. Or was it a quick whip/chop?

Comment

• no second city, just more land for the creative leader.

Comment

• Ah, yes that is the answer..

Comment

• Still there is a weird thing that is the civ with only 6000 pop..
            only thing I can come up with is a very early settler build..

Comment

• First I agree with your #254 post.
              Good

If the others also can agree to this, then we have a clear plan for the upcoming 5 turns..

Comment

• ***BTW considering the not-so-high number of happy resources we have found so far, I think we are going to be very pleased with our special building the HAMAM (+2 happy, +2 health). It makes researching MATHEMATICS more important.

*** one other remark: we have no STONE and MARBLE; so we might be at an disadvantage building wonders..

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
                  Still there is a weird thing that is the civ with only 6000 pop..
                  only thing I can come up with is a very early settler build..
                  If we had more map information, especially about second city's spot the best way to grow would had been (I think) to go directly to AH without hunting and build settler at pop2. one of our rival might follow this path.

About the following turns: there is an agreement about building the settler, but I'm not sure we have agreed on the rest. We both have a test game up to about t50 and it's quite different. Also we have more information now (but I haven't changed my plan at least for the beginning).
                  the way I do it for example:
                  -Research: fishing-mining-pottery-BW..
                  -Cityproduction: settlers-worker-worker-settlers-worker..
                  -Citywork: until settlers is finished we go on full production, then switch +3 prod to lake. (this is optimized that second worker get finished in 3 turns no overflow)
                  -we need to alter 100% and 0% research and in my test game it's quite important when to go 0% to have pottery ready by the time we need it.

-Worker turns: this is my way
                  Worker1: build 1 turn road SW of cow/cancel- finish road on corn (2t)-go along with settlers and start farming the wheat in the same turn our second city is founded.
                  worker2: rushes to wheat and helps finishing the farm (basically they finish farm 1 turn earlier this way)
                  worker1+2 : move east and build road 1N of second city (1t), move to cow and pasture (2t) [at this time our second city will work on both wheat and cow)
                  worker3 : finishes the road 1 sw of cow then goes on finishing the road to second city. in my test game just after it finished it it could start working on cottages.
                  worker1+2 : originally I moved them to gold, to mine it fast but if we found third city at the horses then we might want to build road on cow first.

Also second city's production is questionable: warrior (how many?) it wil have 8 base production very fast (base, wheat, cow and gold at pop3), and in my test game I just produced warriors and hit maintenance limit very fast so we mighgt consider going for quality and building a barrack soon.

Comment

• We have a couple of days to test this all..

BTW my last test game wasn't so much different from yours.
                    LAter today I send the updated test map..

Comment

• Again, you guys are a lot better at this micro stuff, and I've yet to really touch your results when trying, so I'm deferring to you without comment on how to go about the little things Consider my silence a passive "Yes, that sounds good."

Comment

• Testmaptestmaptestmaptestmaptestmap!

Also, I agree that we should send both Warriors to protect our civilians, a lone wolf/bear could cause too much trouble if we do not. Sending both warriors to protect settler+worker is a guarantee that we will not lose either. The cost is a little less exploration, which we can quickly take care of a little later. I say guaranteeing the safety of these vital units > exploration. Playing it safe is... well... safe. May I even suggest something as crazy as building a scout to do some exploring?

Are we in total agreement on settling 2.1? If not:

Originally posted by Lzprst
                        Mz has a point in that we want to settle on 2.1 and Cottage those FloodPlains ASAP. However, Aurum (gold city) has 3 resources that is better to work before the cottages, so I don't see the rush there, unless we want to prioritize cottage growth over the +++resources of wheat/cow/gold.

One point that I would like to bring up is that a city on 3.3 would give us another port. And I love harbours+custom houses+navies. In that regard, perhaps we should consider 2.2 and 3.3?
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Settle 2.1 and send both back to guard the settler & worker.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The Test Game.

EXCELL FILE: This is what I have done from turn 27 in my first play through until turn 50.
                            I chose the safety first option: city 3 is near horses, building 2 chariots by turn 50.

There is still some room for improvement... perhaps less warriors, more workers..

Check out the files!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Calanthian; August 29, 2012, 16:18.

Comment

• Thanks Cal a good test game to t50. I think by t50 we will have discussed the merits of barracks v warriors.

Also we will discuss how much and how far Belle will scout.

So you reckon BW wil be researched by us t50. That has implications.

Aurum (I see the gold reference) is an awful name for a city.

May I suggest: August, Aurora or Autumn.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• May I suggest: August, Aurora or Autumn.
                                Yeah, Aurora is better ..

Comment

Working...
                                X