No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how or where to log in nor am I authorized even if I did.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Not I.

Comment

• DNK, I sent you the password.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• it was me checking out things. Cal, after the worker finishes the corn road let's discuss how to continue, I still did not have time to play test games, but would like to do them soon.

Comment

• Aah, good.. I asked because you logged in with different name as normal..

The moves; I propose:
            The worker moves as fast as he can to the wheat at 2nd city site. Just before he arrive he works one turn on the road above Aurora.
            Second worker also to wheat. Then one of them finishes up the road above Aurora, then they move to giold mine..

Comment

• one thing for sure: the cow sould be finished before the gold mine imo, Auora should grow faster. I think the worker after finishing the corn road should go [NW SW build road for 1 turn]-[go north Auora]-[go wheat start farming]
              second worker joins building wheat.
              after the farm finished one worker can still move, go east, build road for one turn cancel
              next turn: the other worker goes east, finish road first worker can start pasturing cow
              they both finish pasturing, one worker can move when they are finished, goes up gold hill
              following turn: both builds road
              after road finished both builds gold mine

I wrote the above without actually playing the game , but that seems to be the best way to use up the worker turns. the first worker instead of putting one turn into a floodplain road it could do it north but it could be in small danger from a possible wolf (extremely small chance tough, only one tile which we couldnt see and only problem if it's a wolf).

Comment

• Both the worker and the settler can be protected, as both Cerberus and Apollo are there in time.

I think the worker after finishing the corn road should go [NW SW build road for 1 turn]-[go north Auora]-[go wheat start farming]
                I think he should go [NW,SW,SW] - [NW, build road north Aurora for one turn] - [go wheat, start farming]

Agree

after the farm finished one worker can still move, go east, build road for one turn cancel
                In my version this road is finished, as the first worker already put one turn in it

Then I make the following moves:

Turn 37: both workers move on gold mine (from wheat / from road N of Aurora)
                Turn 39: finish gold mine
                Turn 40: one worker to pasture, worker 2 makes road on gold mine
                Turn 42: worker 2 to pasture, pasture finished. Aurora works pasture instead of gold mine for one turn.
                Turn 43: Pottery finished (also on account of first gold mine, then pasture). Aurora to 3 (so both gold mine and pasture can be worked). Road pasture finished.

So we have to make the choice to either go for gold, or for pasture.

* The PRO for gold is more tech, and more efficient worker moves
                (as we can go straight on the hill: you end up making a road first on the gold mine to make efficient worker moves, while I can start immediately with gold mine).

* The PRO for pasture is that Aurora is POP3 one turn earlier. On the downside: you can't work the best tiles then. While I let Aurora grow one turn later. But then it can work wheat, pasture and gold immediately.
                Last edited by Calanthian; September 3, 2012, 08:51.

Comment

• if we finish the road north of Aurora we can go straight for the cow (I mean move and start building the pasture in the same turn). The pasture will be ready one turn sooner than the mine would. I need to check ingame how this affect the city growth, but we better help aurora growing pop5 fast so it can work on cottages too.

building road N of Aurora before farming the wheat is not usefull as our workers coming back can build that road for free. That's why I put one turn road somewhere along the way to the wheat.. it's not useful for now, but at least something.

if we need more science Aurora can use the lake before the wheat is farmed, I will play with that too.

Comment

• Well please check it in game..

I agree with wanting to achieve fast growth in Aurora. But in my play through I decided to do it like I described because worker movements were more efficient.. well perhaps you find a better one..

In my play through the mine is just as fast as the pasture.. (both can be done in T39).

Comment

• p BC-2320t42.CivBeyondSwordSavep BC-2120t47.CivBeyondSwordSave

here are two saves from my test game. (from t42 and 47)

I like pasture first better, tough the difference is not too big.

(if you want to reproduce it:
                      worker1 NW-SW road/cancel goes to farm wheat

worker2 joins finishing wheat

w1 road 1N aurora/cancel

w2 finishes road 1N aurora
                      w1 start pasture

w1+w2 pasture
                      w3 start connecting (finishes road on floodplain)

w1 moves to goldhill

w1 builds road
                      w2 moves to goldhill

w1 finishes road
                      w2 mine

w1+w2+w3 mine, goldmine finished just when city grows to pop3

this is the t42 save, after this the workers build cottages.

worker turns are not optimal, but still nt bad and city growth is maximum.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mzprox; September 3, 2012, 16:01.

Comment

• Can I just be clear we are all content with proposed moves/ builds for next turn t30 .

If that bear moves towards city2 site (Aurora) what do we do?
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Well it is indeed awfully close.. so in the end I don't mind..

a bit more food, versus a bit more tech and a bit more efficient worker moves..

So it's fine if we go with your playthrough.. (and then it's logical you make the moves )

And I take it we agree on WRITING and CiTY 4 LOCATION (west from the horse) ?
                          Last edited by Calanthian; September 3, 2012, 17:56.

Comment

• I'm not saying a lot but I'm here and reading and agreeing.
                            City 4 west of the horse? I can't see much in the screenshot west of the horse....
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• T30

the settlers's way is safe though the bear is close. there is new forest west of the bear.
                              (a bit problematic that in my playthrough i'd build a road 1S of that plain hill, but the spot below 'city3' is not revealed. so if there is a wolf ...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	9093745
                              Attached Files

Comment

• i should had moved the warrior NE instead of N.. the risk that there is a wolf is extremely low, but I won't take any chances so I'm going with Cal 'mine first' plan, but slightly modifying it: instead of finishing the road on the mine both workers go and finish pasture (and the city starts working on it). A bit less efficient because on worker has to finish the road sometime, but the city still grows fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X