• Show
Clear All

• Calanthian
    replied
    and 2 moves in forest..

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    +2 first strikes, +15% healing, and +50% attack in forest/jungle.

Medic I only gives +10% healing.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I honestly didn't know WM3 was so damn good. I guess it does the healing promotion as well as +50% defense in woods?

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    WM3 is fantastic. The only downside, of course, is that you have to grab two other promotions first which are highly situational. While WM3 is awesome by itself there are better things to do with 10 XP in general. Obviously if we had picked the Aztecs we'd have Jaguars and I'm sure several would get promoted up to WM3.

Leave a comment:

• DNK
    replied
    Sideconvo:
    Is there a better promo than WM3 for any non-siege unit?

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Run would have been my vote as well...
    Promotion: always woodsman imho.

Leave a comment:

• DNK
    replied
    Run away was my vote.

Woodsman always. Not only because W2 is great for scouting and against barbs at this stage, but because woodsman 3 is awesome, and although you can't really get it from barbs, it's always nice to have a Woods2 with 10XP ready to go for when we get a real war for a quick leveling up to that W3 promo.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Yes Woodsman

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    It is quite doubtful we are going to get a warrior up high enough for heroic epic. Most likely we'll never see him again, he'll be off scouting until he stumbles across a bear in a bad spot. I agree with woodsman.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Why woodsman I? I suppose it would be the best for fighting animals though wouldn't getting the star promotions be more valuable over the long run? That way we can progress towards a healing promotion track over time. Or is there something else you think would be better? Ideally, we should be trying to get this guy up to the four promotions needed so we can eventually get the heroic epic.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Actually the combat odds were even better as expected (strange differences with my test game..)
    (is difficulty also a factor in combat odds??)

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Apollo has slain the vile beast.

Next turn he will promote to Woodsman I (if you don't object)
    and he will do some R&R on the forrested hills until he is completely healed. I think it will take 4 turns (after promotion).

* our farm is finished.
    * our worker will go south and make a farm on the banana (for 1 turn only)
    * then he will go to the deer
    (ALL AS PLANNED BY MZ)

* the bear is far away from Apollo
    Last edited by Calanthian; August 8, 2012, 17:13.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
    Now it is 3 vs 3..

I guess we need DNK or Robert to make the decision
    (or does anyone want to change his position?)

I would suggest the Forest promotion.. because with two of these we will be able to move 2 tiles, if the first is a forest tile.

Here you can test it yourself.

Choose the Brits and then you can check 10 little islands with 10 barb-lion fights..
    (well in the end it is about the % we discussed earlier..)

But interestingly in some cases the lion doesn't attack..

so actually we have slightly better odds, as if the lion does not attack (10%) it will move away and then we can safely move towards the forested hills.

So the lion won 1/10th of the time, didn't attack 2/10th of the time, and lost the rest of the time? Those aren't that bad of odds.

I do wonder if another animal could stumble on us while we're healing though. In our weakened state we could get killed though I suppose no guts no glory might apply here.

Fine, change my vote and tell us how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    They are waiting for us.. we need a last vote (change) now..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X