Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calanthian
    replied
    PS. In my play testing when I see other civs.. I don't sign open borders, to keep the TEST game from gaining more beakers / money as the actual..

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    T28.

* Nothing much this turn. Both Cerberus and Apollo are walking towards the 2nd city site. They will arrive on time.

* The worker finished the road SW of cow. Next turn he will make a road on the corn, and this one will be finished in the same turn the settler is finished).
    (Mz: some last finetuning here.. this road could already be finished, while still arriving at the wheat of the second city, the moment it is founded. The worker can walk three tiles then, instead of two without the road finished).

* Bellerophon is still healing.

* MINING is started.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    I just saw you posted a save already which looks like from t27, in that case nvm my last post.
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Cal, can you release your t28 version of the map? I have my own, but maybe it's better if we do tests on the same map (in mine I eliminated the chance of making contact so I wouldn't get research bonus from meeting others)
    I like in your gameplay that we can start working on library in the capital right after getting writing, but i think Aurora should also start building library asap.

*edit: I just saw you posted a save already which looks like from t27, in that case nvm my last post.
    Last edited by mzprox; August 31, 2012, 06:47.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    That is a valid point to discuss about .

All depends on the moment we want to build our first hammam or chop our first trees..

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Soon I will have some time to run new tests. Right now I can accept delaying BW to get writing, but not so sure about that we should get Math before BW too.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Yes indeed!

Leave a comment:

• LzPrst
    replied
    I assume that on turn 28 when we have fishing we will use the lake for a small cash boost and exact settler prod?

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
    When finished math, we can grow more (hamam), and chop at higher return..
    Good point.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    My last game i do writing and math before BW. But IMO still timely enough..

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    BW is priortised, to a fine degree, atm, and after pottery. Both test games from Mz and Cal up to turn 41, with knowledge then, showed that tech path to be the most efficient.

Plus for us there are fewer forests to chop than might have been expected (Not sure about that). Then again this Emperor level.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    When finished math, we can grow more (hamam), and chop at higher return..
    Furthermore our workers are tied up until t50..

But please come with detailed suggestions in planning schedule.. As playing it through gives some unexpected insights (for instance the city 3 site before other, better sites)

Bronze will be finished swiftly after math, as we have a high tech rate...

But as said: look and compare..

@hercules: we have some warriors free to scout >>> so our knowledge of our world will keep expanding.
    (see build schedule)
    Last edited by Calanthian; August 30, 2012, 15:49.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    What do people think about prioritizing bronze working and getting an early start to chopping? I'm also worried that chariots won't really cut it and we should be trying to find bronze and iron.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    I was thinking about writing and libraries when I revisited Ozzy's suggestions about 2.2 an 2.3. and the 3.x options: the short term v longer term strategy. So like all of us I want to get libraries quickly for the science and culture.

But then I reflected on how our views changed as more of the map, resources and barbs became known.

For instance, to the south, if the central core with satellite territories map design, shows we are on a island, that surely will effect our thinking. If we are attached to the core that will effect our thinking.

Plus with bw before writing we might decide to chop a few libraries, after and be quicker.

Just some initial thoughts but very much appreciative of the test game versions.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    This is my improved version. Most differences with the previous one are in yellow.
    I am pretty satisfied with this one...

No differences until turn 41, with my previous version
    And I guess Mz is choosing a similar approach until T41.

After T41:
    * earlier writing and mathematics (for city growth and tech)
    * later bronze working (after math), for defense: chariots
    * built the city we had on the map with "city3?".
    * built city 4 at horse (the proposed site of Mz)
    * build city 4 quicker
    * build early libraries..
    * cities will be able to grow further on account of early hammams

Attached Files
    Last edited by Calanthian; August 30, 2012, 13:50.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X