• Show
Clear All

• DNK
    replied
    Not I.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I don't know how or where to log in nor am I authorized even if I did.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    BTW I dont mind if more people would be autorised..

As long as we can keep track who is logging in ..

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Nope. Not authorised.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    BTW did someone of you guys log in as "Lizzy" ?

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Damn, bear is back.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    T29.

* Both Apollo and Cerberus moved north as planned. Hope the bear doesn't follow us.
    * Worker to road corn.
    * Bellerophon at 1.7/2 and a 20% fortify bonus. In two turns he is ready for action.
    * One more turn until settler is finished.

Leave a comment:

• LzPrst
    replied
    Originally posted by mzprox View Post
    numbers of beakers are modified by research bonuses (either from having neighbours who know the tech or like in this case having 1 or more prerequisite technology.)
    How much? It makes it hard to calculate exactly...?

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    I checked the effects:

wheat one turn later
    gold mine same turn finished
    road same turn finished (for trade bonus)

So netto effect is -minus 3 food

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Originally posted by Calanthian View Post

PS. On a side note a game mechanics question:
    what you order to make a road, and cancel it at the end of the turn once the worker goed RED. Did he build it for one turn, or did he cancel out his complete action?
    best if you order it to build something and cancel right away. (then it put one turn work into that project) you may cancel it the following turn until it has green dot, but it's risky
    Last edited by mzprox; August 31, 2012, 12:23.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    From now on PLEASE: if we have a worked out plan make no changes to that. I did not say anything to your proposed plan because untill turn 30 it was the same as mine and I wanted to compare paths after that. But now you had modified it without discussion.
    I was confident it was OK. And I tested it.. so was confident you guys would be OK with it, but you are right I made a mistake.. Mz, if you want to take the steering wheel again feel free to do so.

PS. On a side note a game mechanics question:
    what you order to make a road, and cancel it at the end of the turn once the worker goed RED. Did he build it for one turn, or did he cancel out his complete action?

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    From now on PLEASE: if we have a worked out plan make no changes to that. I did not say anything to your proposed plan because untill turn 30 it was the same as mine and I wanted to compare paths after that. But now you had modified it without discussion.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    numbers of beakers are modified by research bonuses (either from having neighbours who know the tech or like in this case having 1 or more prerequisite technology.)

Leave a comment:

• LzPrst
    replied
    ok, I've been running the test game ad naseum trying to figure some stuff out. And I must admit, as a player who has been playing since civ1 most of my decisions are made by gut instinct on the fly rather than on calculation. Apparently to my detriment.

I just noticed something which I find weird. Maybe someone could give me a quick game mechanics explanation:
    In my test game which I have done more or less the same as Calanthian suggests (not sure of the exact working of city squares, but I assume mostly the lake for the extra gold) I am now on turn 35, have settled Aurora (working the lake). I have a tech production of 17 (100%) and I have teched 123 beakers toward Pottery, which requires 144 beakers to finish. Now my math may be retarded, but it isn't THAT retarded. According to my math (123+17=140) we should still be 4 beakers short of finishing Pottery the next turn. Yet, Pottery WILL finish the next turn.

I see the same goes for other techs as well, 17 beakers per turn for 5 turns will get us Mysticism at cost 90, but 17x5= 85, not 90... Is there a tech discount???

What have I missed? (all these years )

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Sorry, but I really don't like this last minute "finetuning" without discussion!

yes the worker arrives in the sam eturn except it can't start working on the wheat.. basically we lost food in Auora for a useless road. Also this makes my optimalization obsolete now.

also no need for open border to get research bonus, meeting them is enough.
    Last edited by mzprox; August 31, 2012, 08:31.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X