No announcement yet.

DIPLO THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We do want to attack RB because that's the only way we can expand, but i think we should do it in our terms, when the time is best.
    Also when we are looking for allies it's better to find someone who has less chance to win the game, because to win ourself should be the goal until there is a real chance and right now there is. So for example we could try to work with the Aztecs.

Comment

• But the Aztecs are already working with India. Do you think we could bind them closer to us than them?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
        But the Aztecs are already working with India. Do you think we could bind them closer to us than them?
        Well, yes. If we defeat RB we must be sure that we will not become the next big bad empire that others want to stop.. or at least we still have allies. But since I wrote this things our viewpoints with cfc came a bit closer. We kinda have a sentiment that we will act together until we destroy or weaken the other rivals because otherwise we might not get a chance against Egypt.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
          Well, yes. If we defeat RB we must be sure that we will not become the next big bad empire that others want to stop.. or at least we still have allies. But since I wrote this things our viewpoints with cfc came a bit closer. We kinda have a sentiment that we will act together until we destroy or weaken the other rivals because otherwise we might not get a chance against Egypt.
          Hmm, we shouldn't make any long term plans with CFC or ally with them longer than it takes to eliminate Egypt. Even before this game started it was clear that RB & CFC were going to be our two toughest opponents. Their usefulness to us as allies goes only so far as how they can be used to weaken or destroy the other.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I agree. But another civs unknown attitude is HRE. They are flying below the radar. My feeling is the are positive towards us. Maybe now is the time to pin down allegiance.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• This letter we got from RB:

* All those who sign this agreement promise to never use civic or religion swap spy missions or directly help another civ use civic or religion swap spy missions against any other team that signs this agreement for the remainder of the game. This agreement will remain in effect regardless of whether the teams that sign this agreement are at war or peace with each other, and it is fully independent of all other deals.

Teams Signed:
              Realms Beyond

Actually this proposal was my idea, and told them when we had a talk and they liked it and took initiative. In short those who sign this agree to ban civic and religion swap spy missions against those who also sign it, and this treaty in effect forever.
              The reason is that these missions in multiplayer game are quite 'broken'.. for a cheap price in spy points one can make huge damage on the other and there is no defense (only to make the cheap price a bit more, but still very cheap). So In my opinion these spy ctions take away fun from the game and thus i strongly support entering this treaty.
              please say your opinion whether we should accept it or not.

Comment

• I don't have much of an opinion about them.

Comment

• I remember this discussion. And yes I support the proposal.

Comment

• I am going to re-contact HRE to see how the view things.

Comment

• Here's what I sent:

Good friends greetings,

How is it going for you. The HRE seems to be prospering well and avoiding involvement in on-going wars. But the world order is rapidly changing.

What is your opinion on the current situation.

Your friend

Hercules, Ambassador to court Lizzy.

Comment

• Got this back, non committal but with an interesting last comment,

Lala Civilization

Aug 3 (2 days ago)

Hi Hercules,
                        Well no particular opinion... just like you said we try to survive!

Seems that people are organizing against RB, but we are not neighbors and I'm not sure there's room for us in the coalition. Wait & see

Yuufo

Comment

• Good idea to cultivate a relationship with them independent of CFC. If/when the war with RB ends, perhaps they could be a ready ally to confront India.

Comment

• Sounds good.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                            X