No announcement yet.

DIPLO THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If WPC is also going to do it then why waste good gold when they've already shown they won't use it effectively? Ideally WPC would sit it out until it's obvious the Inca can't destroy any more RB units then snap up as many Inca cities as possible to keep them out of the hands of RB. We should be doing the same, really.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Have answers been sent to CFC or RB? I see no problem with accepting the CFC proposal. You are right to be wary of RB.

What do people think about letting CFC & Aztecs know about RB's offer to extend their NAP with us? We could get some good information about their intentions. Presumably they have an inkling that the three of us are working together. If, as we suspect, they want to be able to split us off and attack one of us without the other two being able to intervene, then presumably we aren't the only civ they sent an NAP extension to. If they sent one to us and CFC, then it would suggest the Aztecs are their next target. This would be very good information to get.

As for WPC, what communication have we had with them? Could they be working with RB? Or are they just trying to deny them more spoils?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• All good questions. Let's do what Ozzy said and shop around our info and see if anyone else reciprocates with new info for us.

Comment

• with the cfc representative i talk almost every day . Yes they got nap extension offer from RB and they will refuse it. We have the same agreement with the Aztec too.
          We don't really talk with WPC, Hercules havecontact with them.

Comment

• ok I'll send a message asking about their intentions re Inca.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
              with the cfc representative i talk almost every day . Yes they got nap extension offer from RB and they will refuse it. We have the same agreement with the Aztec too.
              We don't really talk with WPC, Hercules havecontact with them.
              Did the Aztec get an NAP extension offer?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I asked today, and yes they got. I think EGypt could be happy just with inca's land for a while.
                Btw Egypt is not my primary concern.. they have enough enemies.. but cfc/india is just abbout to get zulu's land, maya will stay out from wars and are very strong economically..
                We should really set some long term goal and i don't have one yet.

Comment

• I sent this to HRE yesterday

hello friends,

just contacting you to see how the world looks from your viewpoint.

it seems conflict is imminent between realms beyond and other civ(s)

It looks as if you are currently distant from this situation. But we wonder what is your view on the global position.

yours

Hercules,

Apolyton ambassador.

Comment

• I got this reply.

Hi Hercules,
                    I think RB will attack Civforum with the help of the Native Americans.

We are looking forward to containing RB but since we are not neighbors, that means refraining from trade and cooperation, which is not much.

As to the Native Americans, we have a NAP with them and cannot do much too. They are good friends of ours since long.

Yuufo

Comment

• From egypt:

"I just wanted to inform you that we do not appreciate you pillaging tiles in neutral territory
                      it is borderline abuse of our NAP agreement, and continuing it further will damage our relations. so we'd just like to ask that you not do that anymore"

We got this because we cut the road to slow them down
                      I told them we will take this into consideration.

Next turn I think there will be an other road we could cut to protect that city which we would like to ourselves. We don't have clear view yet, but i will post a picture in nxt turn so we can decide whether or not we want to make Rb more annoyed .

Comment

• We should inform them we intend to continue pillaging neutral tiles for all they're worth.

Comment

• Hmm, let's not poke the giant in the eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            Hmm, let's not poke the giant in the eye.

Yes, i agree. I've checked: there is no more road which we should destroy now anyway.

Comment

• Opinions needed:

We have some dispute with cfc/India:
                              I was carefull not to make too binding promises-I made one that we will not watch idle while RB attacks the Aztecs but we will join the fight. We also agreed with Aztecs and cfc that we will not extend nap with RB.
                              But cfc wants us to make promises that 1, we will declare war on RB if RB attacks cfc, 2 that we already decide that we will prepare for war and do attack RB when the 3 of us decides.
                              They say that they assumed the aboves to be already made promises, while I say they were not and even now I'm not ready to make them.

At least I don't want to make this decision alone.
                              So shall we pledge ourselves on declaring war on RB if they attack India? or should we agree to declare war at a given moment (basicly when cfc says so)?

I say NO. THis will have bad impacts on our relationship.. possibly break a possible alliance, but cfc always looks on thier interest foremost we should do the same. Cfc conquered zulu land and has the potential to become stronger than RB, we should not make too early promises to them.
                              Also cfc has started a war on maya. I can't really blame them on this, but the outcome of this war is questionable and it would effect our decision.
                              I told cfc that if they are at war with the top2 powers (Rb and Maya) we will help them as it is not our interest that RB gets stronger-and while this is very likely we still can't promise anything to 100%.

Comment

• I think you are right to see CFC as a long term threat. My hope for this game, basically, is for someone other than CFC or RB to win. So maintaining a balance if power between those two and hopefully pitting them against each other in a war costly to both sides should be our goal. How to pull that off... I dunno.

We could promise to join CFC in a war, and then hold back most of our troops. Help out just enough to make sure RB doesn't get the upper hand, but not enough to give CFC the advantage. The longer those two fight, the better.

The key though is laying the groundwork for additional allies. If we piss off CFC somehow we don't want to end up being isolated.

Comment

Working...
                                X