X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalunya also invokes MMW.
    La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• England I hope you understand that if you win this attack it is not because of your skills, but something else and you know what i mean. Yes the rules allow you to do this, but in a real old school game you had no chance in this.
      Last edited by Greece (DoB); March 18, 2014, 11:25.

Comment

• l like the outrage when you do it right back at me. Its how the game works and one should prepare for it. I for one am a fool for not just staying logged in for past few hours as it seems one of us blocks the other from getting in.

Anyhow well played. You are about to kill a lot of my units and win the game. I think I still get a few more of your cities though before peace breaks out. Nether you were right - spreading sushi around was a terrible idea.

Since I had almost no chance of taking the city, I can't be too upset though. I F'd that up last turn by thinking I could raze Desert Post at the same time. Splitting forces was dumb.

Comment

• Confused to see my stack in tact. You could have killed it with your reinforcements. But guess you did not really have to either. I suicide most of em. Took a few units out with them.

Force peace is end of this turn or end of next turn?

Comment

• Good story post England.

Comment

• England peace should be signed i think looking at the turns in 3 turns time. Sommer may need to confirm.

Comment

• Recall issues with this in the past on DMW. One should offer peace the turn before so that it is accepted at the start of the turn when peace is required.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoB) View Post
                  Good story post England.
                  Originally posted by Greece (DoB) View Post
                  England peace should be signed i think looking at the turns in 3 turns time. Sommer may need to confirm.
                  Well if both of you want to make peace now, you can go right ahead... You don't need to wait the full 5 turns if you dont want to.

That being said, if at least one of you wants to fight the full 5, then the 5 turn clock started around 2PM on the 17th and it was 1828AD (not sure what turn that was, but turns are 1 year each now so it doesn't matter ), so 1828 +5 = 1833.

The War can continue until the end of 1833 AD. But whoever plays last in 1833 should offer peace before logging out, and try to give the other guy a chance to log on in 1834 and accept the peace before playing again. If you don't think you will be able to do that, then just make peace in 1833 to be on the safe side.

So to be clear... If you insist on fighting all the way until the end of 1833, then fine, but then have the courtesy to offer peace before logging out in 1833, and don't log on in 1834 until the other guy has logged in first to accept the peace treaty.

Comment

• Greece broke NAP and attacked defenseless Netherlands. We have no choice but to invoke No login Defense and DMW. Greece cant take any cities and must give peace in 10 turns.
                    "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• Looking at the threads and Civstats, it seems that Greece and Persia have both violated the Nologin Defense rules. I should have logged in first to see what Greece had done before invoking the defense, but I was not at home when I saw Greeces post and I wanted to give notice that I was invoking the defense. So now I can't verify what Greece has done because I can't login, since I am using the Nologin Defense.

For one thing the defense was automatically invoked because because I had not even logged in when Greece was making war on me. It looks like Greece probably declared war 3 turns ago. The defense kicks in on the second turn of war if you don't login (Rule 3.3.1). So that means Greece is already violating the nologin defense if he captured any cities after that.

Plus Greece wasnt allowed to capture any cities anyway after the first turn of the War (rule 3.3) because I had not even logged in yet. Persia's last story post makes it seem like Greece has been capturing cities over the whole 3 turn period. Again, I cant verify unless I am allowed to login just to check or someone else verifies for me when Greece declared War and when the cities were captured.

One more thing is now that Persia has declared war on me too it seems, Persia probably captured cities too which also violates the rules.

So under the circumstances, I think I am entitled to immediate Peace with Greece and Persia, and to collect the nologin penalty from both of them. Greece, Persia, if I am wrong about any of this please speak up.
                      "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• Netherlands i declared war last turn and on the same turn i attacked your cities, when that turn ended i have stopped taking cities and have only pillaged your lands, thus following the rules you invoked.

Others can confirm that if they see what turn the war was declared and when your cities fell.

Comment

• Thank you Greece for clarifying that. I also got confirmation from your ally Spain of what you say. Based on that I will give up my DMW and take SMW instead since you razed 9 cities and after 5 cities lost I am entitled to SMW. I will log in now and offer peace which you and Persia must accept under SMW rules.

Comment

• Persia great story post as usual, you deserve to win this!

Comment

• Comment

• game over? I can't get logged in

Comment

Working...
                                X