No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 279 Byzantines declare DMW after Ottomans declare war and raze Antioch.

Comment

• I broke rule 7.0 by posting negative comment. I'm sorry.
      Last edited by Russia (DoB); October 19, 2012, 00:31. Reason: Posted before thinking. Edited away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoB) View Post
        Byzantium: Poor Story Post. It belongs here in the Organization thread. Do write angry post about loss of city though. Preferably with blood, sweat and tears. Russia no stranger to blood, sweat and tears.
        I'm not allowed to post such conversations in the Organization thread.

7.0. IC actions should not be discussed OOC
        Furthermore Sommerswerd has criticized players on a couple of occasions for posting discussions about IC actions in the Organization thread instead of the Story thread. Seemed like the right thread based upon previous comments. BTW, I'm not angry about the loss of the city. I'm delighted since the Ottomans fell for my ploy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoB) View Post
          I broke rule 7.0 by posting negative comment. I'm sorry.
          Correct, thanks

Originally posted by Byzantium (DoB) View Post
          I'm not allowed to post such conversations in the Organization thread.

Furthermore Sommerswerd has criticized players on a couple of occasions for posting discussions about IC actions in the Organization thread instead of the Story thread.
          Correct as well. I thoughtit was better to see if this would sort out without me sticking my nose in right away. Looks like it has.

Comment

• This is a question for anyone/everyone who might know...

When we started the game I cautioned everybody not to claim their Civ on civstats with their normal Civstats ID because it would give away their identity. However, now that I am thinking about it again, I don't remember what made me think this...

Does anyone know how registering your leader on Civstats for DoB would give away your identity?

Comment

• I was concerned that you register with your email address but looking at civstats closer I don't think it matters. You can't find the email address of other players via their profile.

Comment

• So are we thinking that its OK for everyone to go ahead and register for civstats? I certainly would like to as it would save me the step of going seperately to the game's individual page to see if the turn rolled.

Comment

• OOC -- Message to Persia.

Amazing game you are playing ... capturing all those barb cities but I don't see a story line? If you are not up to writing a story, that's fine (I myself don't write as frequently as I should), but I would like if you would engage "in game" diplomacy and/or responses to PM's at least.

Would you consider open borders? What is your intent with this city on my western flank? Would you consider a trade? All questions I would hope to develop in a story line but ...

Again congratulations on your victories.

Comment

• War always wake up people diplomacy and yes Persia great job on the conquests so many cities, wow.
                    "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• It's the last turn of war by the DMW rules. I sent a Peace Treaty offer to the Ottomans including a claim of the city of Anakara since they razed my city.

6.7.2. If the attacker lacks 3 cities to return because of razing them, the attacker must give 500 gold per razed city over the course of the 10 turns peace. If he is unable to do this, he must give up to 3 of his own non-Capital cities of the defenders choosing.

Comment

• Folks. I have been playing my turns religiously (pardon the pun), protecting the known world from barbarians. At last count, I had killed 145 barbarian units - a combination of warriors, spears, archers and axemen, not to mention a pile of animals earlier on. I appreciate that I have not been active in either diplomacy or story telling - my apologies - I was going to break my "Lost Civilization" silence soon.

The Byzantines parked a city very close to my capitol, and I captured it but as it was size one, it razed. I am not familiar with the out-of-game rules (I know, I should be) so I have no idea of what Byzantium is claiming.

And if planting the city there was a ploy to take advantage of an out-of-game rule, then to that.

And ... I am about to head off for a long-weekend trip with my wife to celebrate her birthday. So, I am not going to be able to review and discuss this until early next week. Sorry, but she takes priority.

Comment

• The Ottomans are blatantly and deliberately breaking the rules by not accepting my DMW Peace Treaty with the Ankara city. The treaty should have been agreed to on turn 288 and it is now turn 290. That is 2 turns that the Ottomans have had to pump out more culture to culture flip Ankara while I have not been allowed to build anything in Ankara. Ankara is the only source of iron near Byzantium and as such is of critical importance.

The argument that the Ottomans do not know the DMW rule is crap. I posted the rule including the rule number in the Organization Thread, also in the Story Thread and I sent them 2 in game messages highlighting the rule. They have had over a week to read the rule but have deliberately chose not to and now are saying they are gone for a long-weekend and thumbed their nose at the rules.

The Ottomans have no way to pay a gold fine for breaking the rules (which is the preferred penalty in the rule description) and there is little else that they can offer in compensation. Byzantium is willing to accept an extra 20 turns of mandatory peace as compensation for the rule breaking provided Ankara is turned over to Byzantium this turn.

Here are the options that I am reasonably willing to accept as the victim of the rule breaking:
                          1) Reload to Turn 289 so the Byzantium peace treaty including Ankara can be accepted on time.
                          2) Pause the game until the Ottomans return so they can accept the Peace Treaty including Ankara and Ottomans are not allowed to declare war on Byzantium until turn 320.
                          3) The administrator logs in as the Ottomans to accept the Peace Treaty including Ankara and Ottomans are not allowed to declare war on Byzantium until turn 320.

Comment

• I just sent a PM to Ottomans. I was hoping to post that before anyone else posted about the issue. My fault for being too slow ... Bad! Bad admin!

Let's give Ottomans a chance to read my PM, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                              I just sent a PM to Ottomans. I was hoping to post that before anyone else posted about the issue. My fault for being too slow ... Bad! Bad admin!

Let's give Ottomans a chance to read my PM, please.
                              The Ottomans have said they are gone for the weekend. How long are we going to wait? Every turn screws me over even more due to culture battle. If we are not at least pausing the game then this is highly unfair!

Comment

• Pitboss connection lost while in-game. Host rejecting reconnect.

I assume an official pause of the game due to the uresolved Byzantine/Ottoman war?
                                http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X