Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
    Btw what is the deal with your name and the picture of God played by Freeman? Your name and the image seem contradictory.
    He reminds me very much of my Dad... He passed away during DOE. One of the reasons I love Diplogaming is that I got into my first one (DOE) when Dad was in his last days. It was a welcome distraction that really helped alot with things. So I just like the pic... Its nice to imagine Dad, sitting in heaven, wearing a brand new white suit, or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
      He reminds me very much of my Dad... He passed away during DOE. One of the reasons I love Diplogaming is that I got into my first one (DOE) when Dad was in his last days. It was a welcome distraction that really helped alot with things. So I just like the pic... Its nice to imagine Dad, sitting in heaven, wearing a brand new white suit, or something like that
      That is a moving thought. Made me a bit sad to be honest. One of the strongest reasons for profile picture I've ever known.
      http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• Trying to log on, but my attempt is timing out. Anyone having trouble logging into the game?

Comment

• Yes. Game is down.

Looking at civstats, I think France didn't exit the game correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
            Yes. Game is down.

Looking at civstats, I think France didn't exit the game correctly.
            That is quite the stretch of logic. According to civstats, I logged out and 4 HOURS LATER the game crashed! For the record I did logout correctly. The game has crashed many times for a variety of reasons and I do not recall any of the crashes thus far having been traced back to someone logging out incorrectly.

Comment

• Game should be back up now.

Pitboss server crashes are oftentimes a combination of multiple factors (incompatible firewalls, programs, improper logouts, etc) that slowly degrade the system over time to the point where it slows down and then ultimately crashes. The crashing of the pitboss is almost never one persons "fault" as it usually has to build up to that... sometimes there will be OOS errors and such before the crash but not always.

Anyway I havent ever tried to trace any crashes back to anyone because TBH, its easier to just get the game back up so we can keep playing

Comment

• Then my logic was apparantly flawed. Apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                  Wow ... that really grabbed me by the throat and heart unexpectedly. My sincere condolences. And I agree with Japan ... the best reason for a profile picture.

Comment

• Reminder to celts and england this is the last turn of war due to DMW declaration. Please send a 10-turn Peace Treaty at the end of your turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
                      Reminder to celts and england this is the last turn of war due to DMW declaration. Please send a 10-turn Peace Treaty at the end of your turn.
                      Great way to handle the DMW France

Comment

• Sorry to everyone in advance, I was trying to get the saves from the different games I am hosting to save in different folders (so they won't get mixed up if someone uses the wrong name to log in) so I was changing around the properties of the Pitboss game file to accomplish this. Unfortunately, as a result, I now cant figure out where the latest savefiles are going... So I just changed it back until I can figure out how to do this properly.

Unfortunately, in the midst of this, I managed to crash the Pitboss CPU running some other unrelated program. I restarted, no biggie, but since I cant find the most recent saves I had to restart from the last available save, which was Portugal's autosave (last turn). I am really sorry if this screws anyone up badly... I know there are a couple wars going on, so if this works a big hardship on anyone, please PM me about it and I will see if there is anything that I can do.

Comment

• England/France/Celt wars should be fine.

Comment

• Worked perfect for me ... saved me making the same dumb move with my battle with barbs. I don't know about anyone else but holy **** ... I have never seen barbs like this game. Domination of Barbs is right.

Comment

• Game is down someone help.

Comment

• Game is up fine. Civstats is down.
                                "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

Working...
                                X