X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veneta is beside himself!

Utter destruction!

Neander supports ACE for thousands of years and now Phillipe dies... Mr Wednesday says he can't help Neander now and France is out of contact!!

"So we go down fighting, yes?"

"YES!"

"Neander City is safe?"

"YES"

"Nordica is safe?"

"YES most likely"

"Grunzen City, our holy city?"

"NO, the Turks will take it. Our sea captains made a serious error in the Mediterranean but they are the cave Neanderthals..."

"Is Janina safe?"

"NO"

That brought a smile to his face. No frollicking in the arctic forests this time

Grunzen would turn in his grave to see the ancient Ottoman Turks come so far now as an enemy.
    The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS WITH RUSSIA AND TURKEY DISSOLVED COMPLETELY!!
      The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

ras Inru manager of Mali stood at rest and debating the benefits of the diamond trade. Entered the room the head of the secret services. "Lord," he said "I have important news to your ear. ras Imru said "they listen carefully" Lord, uncover a plot against you led by the son of the late Negus Musa, he was convinced some military commanders to pass on his side, Prince Menelik also told them that a powerful foreign power stood behind His "ras Imru bowed his head and whispered sadly," Oh lord Negus Musa why not have given a little wisdom and in your son. " He stood head and said firmly, "Do an investigation and if this is true to destroy the traitors of Mali. Is that all." "No sir, our spies reported to us that Russian troops have entered deeply into the land of Neandor and that Germans could not resist against the mighty Russian army." "Is this good for Mali," said ras Imru "lord Neandor and France are allies of our enemy Israel, so their fall and weakens the position of the treacherous Israelis." "So is" agreed General Imru "Leave me now I want to think about the future actions of Mali."
        Malian head of secret services

Comment

Ragnarok!!!

Greetings to all. My name is Mr. Wednesday and I would address the world.

As all must know by now, Ragnarok has begun. Despite the efforts of my aide, Heimdallr, to prevent the coming of Ragnarok, there is no doubt it has now begun. The leader of Russia, most probably influenced by Low-Key Lyesmith, has streamed units across their borders with Neander. Heimdallr has warned Russia that this action would lead to Ragnarok, but she has rejected such a notion, likely again at the urging of Low-Key Lyesmith, for it is his greatest wish that Ragnarok begin before its fated time.

Russia will likely attempt to state that they have offered favorable terms to Neander and France to end this war before it has begun, but I tell you now that the terms are no true terms. Under them, Neander and France would become little more than puppet states of Russia, such as the Israeli have become. Where then would the world stand I ask you? Russia would control virtually the entire world as all would be allies, puppet states, or neutral nations afraid of Russia’s power. None would ever oppose the aggression of Russia, for with the fall of the Alliance of Central Europe, none would ever again be able to do so and actually succeed.

Russia has even offered terms to Valhalla to ignore the war, turn on my allies, and support Russia. Valhalla will not support Russia and her efforts to bring about a world where all must suffer under the yoke of Russia. My honor is too high for such a price. Even the threat of death during Ragnarok will not allow Valhalla to be swayed. After all, we all know of Russia’s perfidy regarding the theft of Valhalla state secrets. If Russia would do that to one they named as ‘friend’, I ask you now, “what evil are they not but capable of?”

I urge the world: reject the Russian nation. Support the Alliance of Central Europe in whatever way you can. Whatever your prior notions of the ACE, know that we at least do not desire world domination and would not bring about Ragnarok before its time, as the Russians have done.

Signed,

Mr. Wednesday

Comment

"Report, Boris" Catherine said businesslike.

"Bad news and good news I bring, My Lady."

"Start with the bad news then."

"Our expedition forces headed to Neander City have been defeated and General Kutuzov is slain on the battlefield. We lost like 10 regiments, mostly Cossacks while the Neandors lost mainly cannons."

"Thats what I call bad news, Boris."

"They got lucky in this battle, My Lady. But their army is so badly wounded, that they wont be able to pose any threat or defend against us any soon.

"And the good news?" raising her perfectly shaped eyebrows Catherine asked. "I hope they will compensate for those bad news"

"Certainly, they well compensate, My Lady. Nordica has fallen. It was bloody, but the Russian army proved victorious once again. Over 50 regiments, most of which Neandor's found their death in the Battle for Nordica. Finally the infamous Neandor Line have been broken. The North lays open for attacks."

"That is what I call good news, Boris."

Comment

"Tell me, Boris - what this "frolicking" thing means? What the Neandors have in mind when talking about it? I am not quite sure - they talk about arctic forests again - maybe this is yet another dirty word as those words they used to insult the memory of my mother not so many time ago? What was that - fork tongue tramp of the arctic forests?"

"I am not quite sure myself too, My Lady. But I feel this is some kind of threat - I think the Neandors are threatening our allies cities with razing."

"And what danger there is for Janina specifically?"

"I cant be sure, My Lady. Recently sent there a Russian Rifleman to enforce the garrison."

"I can understand Neandor's frustration, but isnt them razing cities going to set a very harsh tone in this current war they are actually losing?"

"Yes, my lady, but desperate people in their anger can be really dangerous."

"Is it worth we to send them offer for peace once again now when the backbone of their army is broken?"

"Might be. But I guess they will make the very same mistake Israel did. They will not learn the lesson from the first reading."

"Yes, might take few rinse and repeats. And the Vikings are making the same Bear's favor France did to Israel. Right, Boris?" Catherine looked at him facetiously.

"Yes, My Lady, I learned my lesson already - I know what this Bear's saying means" answered Boris feeling awkward from the joke with his chicks red.

"Anyway, resend them the peace offer" Catherine was in better mood, distracted from the news of blood sheds.

Comment

The Story of Sihu the Great, Chapter 3

"The Europeans are at it again, sir..." said the assistant to the head of the financial bureau, Sp. Rallus Sihu (the Triumphant).

"Bloody continent, why did we ever get involved?" murmured Sihu, his upset over the Israeli War still simmering in the back of his mind. The assistant began to explain the situation, but Sihu was not interested, and brushed him aside, with much protest. He was, as usual, not in a terribly good mood, and further European barbarity was not the sort of thing to lift it. The assistant left his chamber, and Sihu locked the door behind him. He did not want to be bothered now.

"Just what I need," sighed Sihu deeply and with heavy consternation condensing in his breath. This was not the time for this. "Not the time for this," he sighed further, the consternation now turned to a dripping of seething bile. A complicated situation had just been complicated further. "Yet further complications," he sighed, the bile pooling in a puddle in the fine lines between the floorstones.

He had been planning to finally seize the throne in the coming weeks, his plans otherwise having been all but assured of success. The seat was finally in his grasp, his only real competition having been so recently dispatched by his own hand. But now he would be drawn inexorably into the spiraling quagmire of complex European diplomacy and war. There would be no escape for the foreseeable future, and the Europeans, along with the great old cities, were laying his plans to waste and his life (so he thought) to ruin.

He should have known better. The news on the diplomatic street had it that this was long in coming, and the whispers of spies had turned into a stadium roar of upcoming catastrophe, yet he had hoped it would wait for his plans to finalize, that he could sit on the throne just in time to oversee the Inca Empire's response to the events that would shape the remain future of Mankind as it rushed towards the Great Climax of 2050. Now, he would have to focus on international affairs just at the time when his activity should have been one-hundred percent on his ascension. He knew he could not very well accomplish both, and so having little choice he would have to now turn to his proper role of overseeing finances and trade among the various members of the war.

A knock on the door. Loud, fast. Disturbance at least, to draw him away from his tranquil bout of brooding. He lifted himself up and coolly turned the lock. Not a second later and his assistant had burst through and almost in a yell told him, "the Neander have closed borders with us yet again, sir! For a second time, they deem our friendship and good relations a burden on their people! All our trade and merchants are being expelled, and even the diplomatic corp in Venetii has been forced out into the area north of Janina!"

"Holy Buddha, they yet again have such disdain for us, and for sure now my job will be too demanding to take that damnable chair," Sihu thought to himself, the crossest of looks crossing his face. "Have to set up talks to decide how to resettle the merchants and ex-pats, have to open discussions over reparations to the merchants, have to establish a committee and outreach to deal with all those disgruntled merchants, have to..." and his mind trailed off in a hopeless maze of new requirements, stresses, and expanding bureaucratic nightmares that threw him back down into his plush leather chair. He sank down into his desk, and the assistant stood still in shock, awaiting some response, yet seeing nothing but a diminutive man diminishing into a dim form.

"The assistant left and came back 20 minutes later with an urgent request: to meet with the Sapa Piytu, of course. Time to discuss our next steps. Forge the consensus before every bureau went off in its own direction. No emperor, and this might just be a bit too important to leave to the typical petty bickering and lone-bureau-wolfing that is the norm. So, out I went, hat in hand, to deal with a truly novel situation for this group. And to have a completely untested, emotionally charged, loose cannon of a foreign affairs successor to boot was just all to much fun to look forward to. I descended the stone steps and took my horse down into the river valley, across the great Palan bridge, and into the center of the central government. War was in full bloom this European spring, yet the Inca were diving deep into a gloomy, peaceful autumn.

Of course, I had no idea what was about to happen..."

Comment

For nearly a decade the Indian state was without ruler as the Constitutionalists and the Monarchists vyed for power. Yet there was one part of India that never faltered, that never ceased to function. The Indian Civil Service. With the highest reverence and dedication did they serve the people when the leaders were squabbling. And so it was that when the Neandorians sent message of Russian invasion, calling upon the Defensive Pact signed earlier, the ICS looked up the agreement, found it valid, signed it and returned it. India had declared war. Though the political squabbling continued, it eventually seemed that a coalition of merchants, bureaucrats, scientists and religious leaders would win out. The ICS, though skilled at running the country with or without leaders, were quite inept at diplomacy and foreign affairs.

Comment

Yet another example diplomatic hipocricy amongst the circle of Nwandorish influence

"What is this, Boris?"

"This is a letter from the Indians, My Lady"

"Ah, so they received our letter of respect we sent them recently to unilaterally declare our good will and our unwillingness to fight with them, despite we were declared war by them and our wish this to be considered a diplomatic misunderstanding?"

"Yes, My Lady, they received it, and they have answered, but I fear they dont share the spirit of our demonstration of good will."

"Hows that?" Catherine was most confused by this surprising explanation "Let me read it"

"The most important parts are at the end, My Lady" Boris managed to shoot while Catherine grabbed the letter out of his hands utterly annoyed.

....in a defensive war against you, allied with the Neandorians. Now the specifics of that treaty was that it were to include only the defence of common land in the Indo-Australian region...

...your actions bring great concern to us and it seems that to not act against your bid of world domination would be foolish of us. So unless you can make us an offer that is of value to us, we fear India must act and for the first time in history bring soldiers outside our borders. ...

... Of course, we could be convinced to stay at home and fight other wars if we could be promised valuable compensation in the form of considerable lands in our region.

ICC
                    "Whaaat?!? First they say their defensive pact with the Neandors is only to protect their neighboring possessions in the Pacific, despite we are not threatening anything in the Pacific, and then they threaten us with aggressive war with the excuse of the new Viking propaganda about Russia wanting to possess the whole world, while the Vikings themselves and their allies occupy half of the English cities for few centuries already? Then after the threat, they are trying to BLACKMAIL us? They want we to help them attack and capture land from our allies the Arabs, who they swore never to attack as they are brothers in faith, or they are asking us to promise to help them get some of the Chinese lands, about which they are longing for so long in pure imperialistic manner, while trying to picture us as greedy for land and power?!? And all this while there is an official and valid NAP between Russia and India? What the heck? How they expect us to be so low and how they expect us to respond?"

"Let's not get angry, my Princess... The anger is never a good adviser. The Indians will take their punisment sooner or later in form of no one honorable leader taking their word serious anymore. A trust and honor are something to be built with centuries and able to crumble in just a blink of an eye. "

"RRRRrrright!" Catherine said with teeth set, releasing her breath slowly in controlled manner. "Clerk! Come here and write a letter to the Indians!"

Dear Indians,

I do understand your concerns about someone trying to achieve world domination, but I can assure you this is not the case with Russia. Russia's only wish in this war is to have her ally England compensated and requited about them losing half of their cities in an unprovoked double-teamed aggression centuries ago. And the Turks to been compensated for their razed cities, strategical position and economics hurt. Russia takes her word of honor and her agreements very, very serious and we cant just leave it like this before a justice is achieved. While talking about words given, I can remind you the promise my mother Catherine the Great gave willingly to your forefathers to not pursue or keep any territorial gains in this war. And while talking about agreements, let me remind you that by declaring war at Russia, you just happened to broke our agreement about 75 turns Non- Aggression Pact written and signed in less than 30 turns ago.

Let us know your exact stance on your breaking of the NAP and what you intend to do from now on, so we can rearrange our position and actions accordingly.

Catherine of Rus"
                    "Send it as fast as it can reach those false peace - loving, Neandor - trained, treaty - breaking blackmailers."

"On its way, Princess"
                    Last edited by Russia (DoE); June 14, 2011, 05:28.

Comment

ras Imru watched the execution of Prince Menelik of a window of the Tower of Justice. Guns clap and Prince and his criminal accomplices fell. "It's over, " thought ras Imru, in his hands he held the confessions of the conspirators, "If we make public this means war, " said the Lord Protector of Mali.

Comment

Response to Russia

As mentioned, India signed a defensive pact with Neandor. Declaring war on Russia was a treaty-bound response, it happened automatically as you must well have been aware of it would. An official Defence Pact existed between India and Neandor, and though its purpose as we so honestly reported, was to ensure the protection of certain colonies, an attack upon either requires a declaration of war upon the aggressor. Now that a state of war exists, India must carefully consider its options. Your public announcement of our letter sent in confidence has damaged our prestige and created much ill-will towards us, furthermore, you have made baseless accusations based on assumptions that slander us.

Yet India is not a foolish nation, and foolish or rash words by others do not make us angry. We will not send armies to their death for no gain. As you are well aware, your empire outstrips every other. We do not much approve of this imbalance of power, yet on the other hand we will not destroy our nation for the sake of some principle of balance of power. Despite our dislike of your superiority, there are other matters which take precedence, such as the prosperity of our people.

Yet there are issues that need discussion. You say that you fight for honor, but what you truly fight for is the status quo. For you and your allies to stay strong and your rivals and enemies to stay weak. You fight to show nations that they cannot fight against you to change the world if this change goes against your wishes, no matter how unfair that world may be. As a pacifist nation, India believes in peace, however there are injustices that have been created that perhaps can only be corrected through use of force. The Vikings believed so, as did the French, the Turks, the Israelis, the Arabs, the Zulu, the Mali, the Mongols, the Neandor, the English, the Inca and your own empire.

What India will do in this situation is that which will benefit us, how can any nation mock such an action? Those who fight for "honor"? We do not believe in such a concept. As we see it we can not find that any ever fight for the virtues of honor which we would consider to be justice and balance. Kings and Empires fight for their own interests represented through their allies, as you do, as does every other nation. We do not believe it is honor to fight for oneself, and all nations fight for themselves regardless of justice or balance, therefore there is no honor.

I could list the injustices that were created in the early days that caused ancient hatreds to build and fester, I can mention usurpations and violations that have created the climate of bitter loathing that now exists in the world, yet these matters the honorable Russians care not for. No, there is no honor, only what is best for oneself, as every empire proves on a yearly basis. Do not mock India for seeing the world through the eyes of logic. We act in our interest and thus only. If any leader is fool enough to declare otherwise, let him explain his reasoning for sacrificing the needs of his people on the altars of stubbornness and stupidity. We unapologetically acknowledge that India does what is best for India. Now please respond to our latest letter and do not share it with others as you have done before lest you wish to make an enemy out of those who are clear of mind and purpose.
                        Last edited by India (DoE); June 14, 2011, 12:06.

Comment

Comment

Meanwhile back in the Sultan's Court...

Mahmud could see Sultan Ahmed's intense irritated expresion as he threw open the palace doors and stomped briskly towards the throne room... his entourage struggling to keep up the pace.

"W-welcome back Highness" Mahmud bowed low taking careful not to look up, as the Sultan breezed past him "I trust your holiday wa..."

"Nevermind that!" Sultan Ahmed interupted "What is it I hear about these fools Jamal and Suleiman starting another War?!? I restore the country to complete peace, and go away for a short holiday... I'm gone five minutes and these cretins have us in yet another mess! I demand a full report! And summon the two of them to me... at once! They have much to answer for... ruining my friendship with Veneta for starters!"

Mahmud bowed his head even lower, and lowered his voice as well ..."Well ummm, y-your Highness, you were gone for more than two weeks and much has been going on... Princess Catherine herself implored Jamal to cooperate... Also, given the new historical information that has come to light, and the discovery of the Vikings' mysterious new super-weapon..."

Ahmed cut him off "Yes, yes, yes, I read Jamal's letter when I was in Venetti... Why do you think I returned from holiday?"

Mahmud kept his head lowered, but he lifted his eyes slightly enough to see how bronzed the Sultan's skin had become from the Tuscan sun. Obviously th eSultan had an enjoyable holiday. Feeling a little more at ease about the Sultan's true mood, Mahmud slowly lifted his gaze, and continued "Also, Hignness, remember that this war never truly ended since it started, and it was the Vikings afterall, that started the war."

Sultan Ahmed's gaze softened "Ordinarily I would have you beheaded for such insolent contradictions Mahmud, but you speak the truth. the Vikings are to blame for this ages old war. And speaking of the Vikings, what is this 'Ragnarok' they keep ranting about?"

Mahmud gagged and almost choked, barely able to contain his amusement... he quickly regained his composure and with a slight smirk he said "As far as we can determine, it is some kind of mythological, pseudo-religious holiday or festival that centers around combat, death and the end of the world... Anyway, at the end everyone dies including the Vikings and their allies."

Ahmed rolled his eyes "So the Vikings start a World War by invading England, and then have the audacity to warn us all that we must not fight back, or some bogeyman called 'Ragnarok' will come and get us? Is that the sum of it?

Mahmud chuckled, "Yes Highness, that seems to be their story"

Ahmed clapped his hands together "Ah! I have the solution! If the Vikings are so scared of 'Ragnarok', they can simply return all of the English cities and the War will end and their Jabberwocky 'Ragnarok' dosen't have to come and eat us all up right?"

Mahmud laughed aloud, pleased at the Sultan's increasingly jovial mood, "I guess so your Highness. Your Majesty is wise indeed"

The Sultan continued "You were right about another thing Mahmud...I have been gone a long time, and I did leave others to subtitute for me in the rulership of Turkey. And as Princess Catherine says, 'While the Cat's away...' Speaking of Catherine, you say she requested the cooperation of Jamal and Suleiman?"

"She did Highness" Mahmud replied.

Sultan Ahmed shrugged his shoulders "Then it is settled. We must support our friends. I just regret the consternation this will cause Venetta. On the other hand, he has been piling legions upon legions of troops into Venetti, right on our border. I tell you Mahmud, that city was like a fortress when I was there. Soldiers everywhere. It looked more like the front of an invasion, than a secure city on the border with a friend. Veneta said the vast army was for defense, but defense from what? The 2 Archers and 2 Warriors that I had garrisoned in Janina? No, I think it was more likely he was planning to invade Turkey. Also, he has been pressing the culture of Venetti further and further into Turkey, stealing our land from us and moving his border closer to Janina, obviously to facilitate an attack."

"Do not forget the historical information, Highness" Mahmud added.

"How could I?" Ahmed replied "It has become clear from reviewing the historical records, that Turkey is entitled to Venetti, and Neandor cheated us out of it. Now after seeing the city... a truly splendid Marvel... I well understand why they did not want to give it up. But make no mistake, Venetti belongs to us."

"Will you tell the Court a tale of your travels to Venetti, Majesty?" Mahmud inquired

The Sultan replied "I have been writing memoirs on my travels, and I will read them aloud at some point..."
                            Last edited by Ottoman Empire (DoE); June 15, 2011, 06:32.
                            Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

Nordica regained!

Grunzen City is lost...

Damn Turkays.

They really know how to spread lies and rewrite history don't they. Let them believe what they want, diplomacy is pointless in this world .

War rules now and forever it seems, and ACE will prevail against the forces of the arctic barrens and Mediterranean sludge... Not to mention the beduin nothings....

Oh, and the DAmn Anglais, nearly forgot about them

And great nations of the world beyond ACE, who know the good of Neander and the help and sincerity of our shared goals please listen to your conscience and not deal with the devil. Strength and Honour first or you will all become vanquished by them.

Comment

"Princess, did you heard the last claims by Neandors? They regained Nordica after we emptied it. Real heroes they are..." Boris said with crooked smile. "Each and every day we send them offer for peace and they dont even bother to answer us. They really do believe they will win in this war. War rules now they say, as it was some other way since their Axis started this awful war centuries ago. They shamelessly try to picture themselves as a victims. They - the most powerful military alliance on this Earth! They! Who captured and hold half the English land. They! Who razed all the Turkish cities in Africa! They! Who set back Europe for ages investing and building armies instead of cathedrals and universities and forging barrels instead of ploughs? They dare to call us barbarians?" Boris lost his nerves for first time in front of his Princess.

"Calm down, Boris. They just felt confident in their military victory again and thats why they are so arrogant. I will make just one more try to bring end of this war with diplomacy. I will contact each and every one of them with reasonable conditions. And if they refuse, they will see the ugly face of the war. And cant pretend I did not warned them."

Catherine was strangely composure. Her severe expression whiffing arctic coldness...

Comment

Working...
                                X