X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfidious Russians, Part 1

“So she left?”

“Yes Jarl Eirikson,” replied Hakon Mjoveson. “Ambassador Natasha of Russia set sail with the tides this morning. Word has it that she was already turning a shade of pale green before she even set foot on the gangplank of the M.W.S. Sif.”

“Mr. Wednesday save us from queasy landlubbers. I hope Captain Dagursson has a bucket for her cabin. I’d hate to be the one to clean it out after they drop her off at home.”

“I believe he does my lord.”

“Good. It is a shame she had to leave though. She does bounce quite nicely,” Jarl Eirikson stopped and pondered certain bouncing items. Shaking his head he returned to business, “Did she suspect anything?”

“No jarl. Brolff played his part very well. She saw what she expected to see: a big dumb berserker warrior. If she were to ever find out that Brolff is actually a master shipwright, sailor of the northern seas, and one of the most intelligent men in the terrestrial portion of the nation of Valhalla…well I don’t know how she would react, but I would pay to see it.” Hakon’s eyes lit up.

“Excellent, Hakon. That compass Brolff designed is perfect. If for some reason diplomatic relations with Russia break down and they mount a naval attack, that compass will lead them directly onto Aglapsbaene Reef. They’ll scrape their hulls and sink before they even realize what happened.”

“Yes my lord.”

“I must go report to Mr. Tuesday and let him know the plan he concocted to protect Mr. Wednesday’s northern shore has been successful so far. See that Brolff received a commendation for his service. That’s probably the sixth for him now I believe. If I’m not careful he’ll have my title before long.” Jarl Eirikson smiled.

“Very good, my lord. Though I believe Brolff already got what he wanted out of the deal, if you know what I mean.”

Eirik Eiriksson, Jarl of Asgard, bellowed a great boom of laughter, "Indeed. Indeed."

to be continued...
    Last edited by Vikings (DoE); June 9, 2011, 23:21.

Comment

Perfidious Russians, Part 2

“What do you mean she saw our steam engine Brolff?”

“Well, uh, Hakon, uhmmm, we kind of went into the room for some privacy for…well, you know,” Brolff shuffled his feet shamefully. “She is a wench. I didn’t think she would understand it. She said she liked how it moved.”

“Obviously you were wrong,” Hakon sighed. “Now she has absconded with one of our most important inventions. Jarl Eirikson will be most displeased with you after this failure. Can you imagine how it will go for him when he has to explain your failure to Mr. Wednesday?”

“I will take whatever punishment you desire my lord Hakon.”

“It is not my desire Brolff. It is what is necessary, the price of such catastrophic failure. You will report to the dungeons for the whip. Be glad that Mr. Wednesday has outlawed the old ways or you’d be hanged, drawn and quartered for this.”

Hakon turned away from the mortified shipwright and strode down the hall. He was not looking forward to telling the Jarl. Would this lead to war? Only Mr. Wednesday would know that.

“Damn Russians,” he exclaimed to the air. “With one hand they offer friendship and with the other they steal a nation’s most secret research. They have shown their true colors and we know them now.”

to be continued...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Perfidious Russians, Part 3

Sly Natasha of the Russians,

From the jarl of Asgard I have heard a troubling rendition of events that occurred the morning you left our realm. Our secrets of steam power…stolen. And now this letter of apology has appeared across my desk. What should Valhalla do I ask you?

You say that many hundreds of years ago long-dead former leaders of the Russians and Vikings struck an agreement, yet you bring no proof of this beyond your word. I say to you, your word is now in question. Instead of coming to me, or to Mr. Wednesday, and explaining the situation to the new leadership, you chose to sneak behind our backs and accomplish this task through underhanded, deceitful tricks and perfidy.

We rolled out our best for you, gave you the run of Mr. Wednesday’s palace in Asgard, treated you like a princess rather than a diplomat, kicked male bathers off the beaches of Asgard so you could get that all-over tan you frequently talked about…and for what?

I am disappointed. Both in you, devious Natasha, and in Catherine of the Russians. I am a plain man, not given to tricks, so to find that someone who was trusted has betrayed that trust is something I find hard to swallow. What would you do, were you to find that someone you trusted to behave as a guest has betrayed you and stolen your technology?

Further you state that what you stole has no military usage, yet all can see that your military is the largest in the world, and very recently made. What does Russia intend to do with this military, but use it.

I cannot guarantee that Mr. Wednesday would have agreed to your espionage, but you should have requested an audience with him and discussed the matter of debts owed from previous regimes. India has done just that and learned that Valhalla will make good on previous debts as soon as we are able. Sadly you chose the way of the spy instead.

Sigh!

Valhalla will take no direct action against you at this time, for I sense the wily hand of Low-Key Lyesmith directing Russia toward Ragnarok, a Great War that cannot be undone, cannot be returned from. And that saddens me. I had hoped to have many centuries yet on this terrestrial land before the Great War would overtake all and Ragnarok would occur.

Ragnarok MUST not occur yet. The world itself is not ready, and only Low-Key believes it should come soon. Do not trust the words of a known liar!

I implore you, Natasha, return to Valhalla. Though you will be watched closer than before, Mr. Wednesday wishes to speak with you. He wishes to end your nation’s reliance on Low-Key Lyesmith. Perhaps together we can hold off Ragnarok for a later day

If you do not then know that the world now knows of Russian perfidy. The world now knows that Russia would rather use the back alley of deceit to true, open communication. If you do not, can anyone truly trust Russia anymore? With the armies you are gathering can anyone truly be safe from Russian aggression? Return for productive conversation on averting this build-up toward Ragnarok and the world will know Russia for a truly progressive nation, one not given to listening to Low-Key Lyesmith and his falsehoods.

Heimdallr,
          Guardian of Asgard

Ósnjallr maðr
          hyggsk munu ey lifa,
          ef hann við víg varask;
          en elli gefr
          hánum engi frið,
          þótt hánum geirar gefi.

P.S. As for Brolff he has accepted his punishment as a true man should, and he is back at work in our research and development department. He is determined to atone for his judgment error.
          Last edited by Vikings (DoE); June 10, 2011, 22:14.

Comment

Istanbul, Golden Horn area

"Speak, Boris! Tell me what are the news from our beloved Matushka Rus and what is this Second Minister Yosif doing while I am not there" Catherine was in her chamber, sleeplessly awaiting with stern look for her most trusted officer report to her.

The strict military training and the importance of the news he was bringing to his Princess was the only things to not allow him to spend the whole night in contemplating Catherine's beautiful face in which eyes he felt can drown for eternity.

"There is a lot of unrest in Russia, Princess. Good that we have control over the army - they are ensuring the order in the biggest cities."

"Ah, good that we have so strong army and they are supporting me unconditionally."

"Yes, My Lady - the soldiers and the officers adore you and will follow you to the end of the world if need be, the same as they did that for your mother Catherine the Great."

"So, the army is with me, but what are the ordinary people feeling?"

"They are upset of all the poverty and hunger, My Lady. We have strikes and famine already, the East is not affected, but the West is in turmoil. Something big is going on"

"How much of this unrest is caused by my beloved second minister I wonder?" Catherine's voice showed clearly her sarcasm.

"I think he is gathering support amongst the unhappy and poor Russians, Princess. He is plotting about you and your rule. We believe he is the mastermind of a organization, which influence and mass grows, they call themselves Bolsheviki and they are speaking about changing the system."

"What are you speaking, Boris! Who those Bolsheviki are? How they dare to be so bold? What are they unhappy from?"

"I told you already Princess - they are using the people's poverty and anticipation about this long and heavy war Russia is fighting."

"Yes..." Catherine said downcast "I saw the last information that the French managed to gather massive army in North-Wes Africa. It seems this campaign aint gonna be that easy as with the Israeli as we have hoped "

"Yes, My Lady - the French army almost matches our own and they possess the Mediterranean sea, so they are reinforcing from Europe even further. It will take more time than just couple of years and much more efforts to drive them from Africa."

"But what should we do, Boris? Is the situation that bad?"

I dont know for sure, My Lady. In Africa we are at stalemate, In West Europe - the Neandors are already able to produce rifles, so our main advantage is gone. The Vikings are inventing some dreadful weapon, called Machine Gun - Natasha did saw the plans in Asgard, and despite they were not complete yet, we believe that in the next few decades, the Viks will start to supply these powerful weapons to the French and the war will become even harder. See what is going on - the English have lost Dublin and the whole sea control, due to the last Viking invention - these invincible Ironclads they are supplying to the Frenchies. And atop of all our external foes, we have to deal with our own people's anger and your Second Minister sneaky deeds. So, yes, My Lady - the things aint looking bright."

"We have to do something, Boris. We must start from somewhere. Lets try to put our motherland in order - this war is going to be longer than anyone could foresee when it begun. We need to offer to the people something new Boris, we have to find a way to deal with this unrest and improve our old and rotten Empire's economics. We need to be close to our people and even closer to Yosif. We are going back in Moscow, Boris."

"But Princess - shall we organize and evacuate the army in Israel too? What if the Israeli do something sneaky? Or if the French advance preemptively East? Any orders to General Krasnov? Should I call him here?"

"No, Boris, just pack the luggage. Take the most important only. Take the fastest horses and the most loyal guards. We will travel fast. We will travel in secret. The Balkans are not safe place."

"And what we will tell to General Krasnov, My Lady? We cant leave the army in the desert just like that!"

"Send him message to follow the Turkish lead. Ahmed have skilled generals and is loyal ally - he will not let us down.

"Right away, Princess. We will be ready to leave in hour - way before dawn"

"God be with you, my faithful Boris." Catherine's eyes were twinkling with hope and something more in the dark chamber.

Comment

The Capaco Moon

Head of Foreign Affairs Killed in Duel

The head of the Cayha Y'npazhak, STY'n Chucota Matalin, was killed yesterday in a duel with the head of the financial bureau, the Cayha Chuycocha. The head of the financial bureau appears unharmed, and was seen last night dining in the Maize Club, apparently celebrating with a toast of blood. The two had been quarreling for the past six months over the financial payouts for foreign loan receipts, each tugging at the rather large incoming monetary flows for his own bureau. As there is no emperor at present, there was no obvious mediation to be had, although the Sapa Piytu assembly attempted to resolve the quarrel earlier this year to no avail, mostly due to "lacking coordination and authority present," as the STMalha told me. The STMalha, Sp. Pala (son of the late emperor), was upset over the results of this quarrel, and believe it will "continue into next year, as the replacement for Sp. Matalin is likely to continue to press for a larger cut of the pie, and now the entire bureau has rallied around this cause." He continued in exasperation, saying that "the Cayha Chuycocha isn't likely to back down either, especially now that they feel they've 'won' the contest, and likewise should get a disproportionate amount of the proceeds. So basically, you've got both sides being yet more obstinate after this supposedly 'definitive resolution' has passed."

Others in the Piytu are equally exasperated and increasingly fed up with the bureaucratic tug of war. "It's not even really about the bureaus," said one anonymous employee in the Cayha Chuychocha, who requested anonymity as he was taking a position that could jeopardize his career and that is clearly antagonistic to his superiors. "It's just about the leadership; it's all about the leadership. This isn't 'Matalin fighting for the cayha, but rather Matalin fighting for the Matalins. These proceeds are going to modestly increase the importance of the bureau over the others, but in reality what it will mostly accomplish is fattening the Matalin family's already fat financial asses and given them -and Sp. Matalin in particular- increased power and prestige in the factional system. It's a power and money grab, simple as that."

The social and political critic, Sp. Pona, gave this perspective, "you have to realize the context of all this quarreling. It's worse than usual, when you have a clear emperor. Half of the purpose of the position is to suppress such factional and bureaucratic fighting. You have all these guys and groups fighting for power and money, but in the end they are supposed to choose one, through a complex system of revolving options and requirements and, well, some expected civility and rule-following. And this choice is expected to keep everyone else in line, simply so the government can run efficiently, even if corruption remains the same (and, of course, is concentrated in that one man for the course of his run). The fact that the corruption will revolve around and return to everyone eventually is usually enough of a salve to keep the burn of losing out from overriding everyone's civility. But now there is no emperor, and there hasn't been one for some time, and no one's quite sure when this impasse over naming a new one will end. It seems the problem is that there isn't really any single strong candidate for the job, certainly no man that everyone else can trust enough to be modestly objective, even-handed, and less than totally corrupt."

Other high officials had things to say, but they were mostly self-serving and full of llamadung, so we aren't going to bother printing it, and we're sure you can imagine what it all was.

A man on the street had this to say, "ultimately, there just isn't enough willpower to get anything done or to change the current situation. And while these guys kill each other over the spoils of loaning our taxes, we have even less say in the outcome. We are sitting in the shadows of giants, giants who have little to do but bash each other with bags of gold, and we hope we can catch the coins that fall out when the bags rip, but they always seem to land inside the gated compounds..."

Comment

The Travels and Travails of Dagfinnr Bjornson, part 1

The journal of Dagfinnr Bjornson
                17th day of Gormánuður

The sun shone a bright blaze this day, the first I went to see my future: the iron-plated longship M.W.S. Baldr. She would be the first of this type of ship to sail the seas; the prototype, as it were, of more to come. The great shipyard of Midgard bustled with activity. Shipwrights directed their protégés in the newly discovered art of building a longboat made of iron and equipped with cannons.

I took my first look at her. She was beautiful!

Someday I’d be sailing her; sailing the seas of the north, protecting Valhalla and its lord Mr. Wednesday. Her crew had already been picked out and I was chosen for the role of Third Portside Gunner’s Mate. I would be her strong, steady gunnery arm, and she would be my wife, my companion, and my partner.

Now the shipwrights just had to finish her. I can’t wait.

5th day of Hrútmánaður

The day has come. Painted the crimson of blood, the name M.W.S. Baldr stenciled in white letters upon the bow, the new iron-plated longship is ready. Rumor has it that Mr. Wednesday Himself has returned to the land and has journeyed to officially launch the boat on its way.

6th day of Hrútmánaður

The launching ceremony was truly grand. Banners and streamers adorned all the docks and many of the surrounding buildings of the shipyard. The pipers swayed and danced to the lively tune they created while the drummers beat out a resounding accompaniment. It was a glorious sendoff.

If only Mr. Wednesday had been able to appear, but alas he had other business. Something about guiding the souls of the Israeli departed to Valhalla for reincarnation. At least he sent Mr. Tuesday who provided a rousing speech to us sailors. If we were lucky, we would one day see battle, said Mr. Tuesday. The Norns willing we would survive many battles, but if we fell we would join Mr. Wednesday’s army of the dead, the Einherjar. That is all one can ask: to die gloriously in battle and be reborn to the celestial realm as Einherjar, to fight in the final battle at the side of Mr. Wednesday Himself.

Captain Anderssen piloted the Baldr out of the Midgard dock and into the coastal waters claimed by Valhalla. My world opened up before me. Ah, to finally be sailing the seas again. The sea called to me, and I was finally able to answer again.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Comment

Venetti, Neandor... In the Sultan's Summer Accomodations

Following the signing of the Tel-Aviv African Peace Accords, Sultan Ahmed V decided to take an extended holiday to Neandor. Traveling as low-profile as a Sultan can, he set up lodging at the finest most luxurious locales in Grunzen city, and then Venetti, the romantic Merchant archipelago city with streets made of water...

Accompanying him was his most cherished companion... Public Relations Minister Aysecan... and the two rode a Gondola through Grand Canal for a private meeting...

"So Aysecan, what have the historians found in review of the historical documents?" Ahmed asked

"Well as you know, this process began and stalled early on during your father's reign, so hardly any work was done, but since the process resumed, we have found some very interesting bits of information..." Aysecan said with a slight smirk.

"Such as" the Sultan leaned in, tilting the boat to one side.

"Well, for example Majesty " Aysecan cooed, winking at the Sultan... "Did you know that Turkey and Neandor were once allied against France?"

"Of course" said Ahmed

"Yes, but did you also know..." Aysecan narrowed her eyes and lowered her voice... "Neandor promised this very city to Turkey and then reneged?"

"Hmmm... Very interesting" Ahmed stroked his beard thoughtfully... "We will talk more about this later... What of the treaty with Israel?"

"True to treacherous untrustworthy, dishonest Israeli form, they have already violated the treaty once before the ink was even dry, by stealing tech from us instead of using their spies at OUR discretion as agreed in the treaty... and they seem poised to violate it again by giving the Cannons they owe us to France" Aysecan rolled her eyes, unable to contain her disgust...

"Has Jamal retalliated?" Ahmed asked

"Here is his letter to you on the matter, sealed, for your eyes alone" Aysecan handed Ahmed a sealed scroll...
                  Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

Catherine took a look at the sleeping city of Istanbul. The moon was full and Chornoe More was calm.

"Good time we have spent here - it was almost like a 1001's nights tale." Catherine said almost to herself only. "Eh, back to the business. It seems this burden to rule a nation will never get easier - it only becomes more and more demanding. Davaite, rebiata - Moskva zhdet!

"HA! HA!" Catherine spurred her stallion and together with Boris and a fistful of her most faithful guards they rushed impatiently with the night breeze in North direction where their destiny was awaiting them.
                    Attached Files

Comment

couple of days later...

"Catherine! Look!" Boris was pointing his finger at a city on the horizon. "This must be Sochi! We are on Russian land!"

"Thanks God! I was thinking I am going to die from all this riding before the horse under me" Catherine was looking really tired and covered with dust. "Let us rest in a civilized place at last. Tomorrow we will continue to Moscow"

The small group of riders approached the city when the trained eyes of Boris noticed something very strange - over the gates there was still red banners, but not with the Russian Empire double-headed eagle, but with something vulgar - a sickle and a hammer crossed and painted with yellow paint.

"Princess... this is not looking good. Stay here - I will go to reconnoitre the situation"

Some 15 minutes later Boris was back and on a rope tied to his saddle there was a strange and very scared peasant looking man which hands were tied with the rope.

"Boris, who is that? Or more precisely - what is that?"

"This is one of those Bolsheviki, My Lady - they are revolting and they pretend to be overthrow the millennium old monarchy system. They claim they will rule Russia from now on!"

"Really?" Catherine made a circle around the dead-scared peasant with interest "So you are going to rule Russia? Do you know how?"

The poor man did not found the strength to answer and only was hoping to live to see tomorrow's sun. The blunt side of Boris sword hit the poor man with lightning speed and he fell on the ground. "Answer!!!"

The horrified man only was able to start begging "Please, My Lady! Dont kill me!!! Please!!!"

"Hmm.. why should I kill you? What would I gain from your life lost? I am the Russian princess and you are one of my citizens. Dont see any reason to kill you"

"Oh, merciful Catherine! Spare my life and I will tell all the other peasants about your generosity!"

"But will they riot against me again?"

"I dont know, My Lady, I am just a simple peasant. These Bolsheviki had filled our simple minds with talkings about communism, equality, our rights and how old-fashioned and inefficient the monarchy is."

"But then who will lead Russia? Someone like you?"

"No, My Lady! There we will be all comrades and we will elect chairman of the Communist party, who will lead the country to a bright future and liberty!"

"Hmm.. interesting... How many of the peasants thinks the same as you?"

"Almost all the serfs, my lady - they dont want to be slaves anymore. The workers from the workshops and the forges too, My Lady"

"And who will be this Chairman of the Communist party?"

"I dont know - he have to be the most worthy leader" the villager said convinced.

"But is there anyone who is made more than me for Russia?" Catherine's expression showed to the careful observer that he have already a plan.

"I dont know My Lady. I guess not... But we are still in this terrible war and we are hungry even more."

"Yes indeed... we are still in this war..." Catherine turned and walk away from the peasant already talking to herself mostly. "Release him, Boris, we are continuing to Moscow, no sleep for us tonight again."

"Yes, My Lady" said Boris without even the slightest wincing on his weather-beaten rigorous face.

Comment

Asgard

“Speak plainly Hakon. What are you trying to say?”

“My lord Jarl, I’m not certain what to tell you. As you know, with the death of King Philippe, the French Minister of Foreign Affairs, Marc Renaud has become the interim head of the nation.”

“Yes, yes. Good man. Heimdallr speaks highly of him. Go on.”

“Well, my lord, it…uhmm…it appears that Marc Renaud has some, shall we say, heretofore unknown leanings.”

“Leanings?” replied Jarl Eirikson. “Hakon Mjoveson, I asked you to speak plainly and I mean it. What do you mean by ‘leanings’?” Jarl Eirikson sat straighter in his chair, concerned at the sudden dithering of his aide.

“Yes, my lord. I apologize.”

“Spit it out now Hakon. I grow tired of this.”

“Uhmm, hmm. Well sir, it appears that Marc Renaud was secretly a devout follower of Pope Innocent IX in Calais. Within a fortnight he has sacked the entire governmental sector and replaced it with hordes of disciples loyal to Pope Innocent. The French are now governed by a bureaucracy loyal to the church. The people appear to be rejoicing in the streets. They have never worked harder, and it is said that the French have entered a golden age.”

“That is not necessarily bad Hakon. Valhalla is run by a bureaucracy composed of the Jarls of each of the major cities. Though Mr. Wednesday promotes pantheism and the freedom to worship any of the Aesir-Hindu gods, and even the Christian god the Pope worships, we are all still part of the bureaucratic structure that reports to him. Asgard is one of the most efficient cities in all of Valhalla thanks to the bureaucracy.”

“I realize that my lord Jarl, but the French bureaucracy is ruled not by a powerful god such as Mr. Wednesday, but by a terrestrial human, Pope Innocent IX. Where Mr. Wednesday is not known to make potentially fatal mistakes, Pope Innocent is but human. Who knows what will happen? I hesitate to speculate on a potential crusade against Valhalla to ‘sway the righteous’ to the side of the Pope.”

“I’m sure it will not come to that Hakon. The French have been our allies for farther back then I can remember. And I am old. We are both members of the Alliance of Central Europe after all. They even hire out some of our own military in their war against the Damn Anglais.”

“Yes sir, but that was under King Philippe. Marc Renaud is still technically in charge of the bureaucracy, but what happens if Pope Innocent gives him the order to convert all of his allies to the Christian cause?”

“That must not happen. I will speak with Heimdallr straightaway. In the meantime, I believe we need to glean a clearer picture of just exactly what is going on in French lands. Your aide, Ygritte is her name? Yes, send her as an envoy to Marc Renaud with orders to speak with him about this new change in French government. I want to know everything about him…how he thinks, his goals, how he holds his fork when eating…everything.”

“Yes Jarl Eirikson. She shall set sail within the hour.”

Last edited by Vikings (DoE); June 12, 2011, 14:40.

Comment

In the vicinity of Moscow

"I've never though I will sneak in my own capitol!" Catherine whispered to Boris.

"No one ever though about this, My Lady."

"How it looks, Boris? Is there any hope we to make it to the palace?"

"Dont think so, My Lady. These Bolsheviki are too many and we almost have no army in the Moscow barracks. The mob is all over the streets, we could not make it. Yosif is untouchable right now."

"Then we are departing for St.Petersburg. General Kutuzov is there with his Cossacks."

Comment

In villa Cheburashka in the vicinity of St.Petersburg

"We wont enter the city, Boris. Here in villa Cheburashka we will establish our temporary headquarter. It is close to the city and yet away from the mobs. The sight is great too. Oh, how many summers I've spent here while still was a child and never guessed I will be responsible for the whole Russia."

"Ahhh.. bath... I feel alive again. You must try it too, Boris"

"I will, Princess, right after I make sure the guards are on their position. What should we do now, Princess? By the look of you I guess you have some plan already? Any other orders for me?"

"Yes, Boris. Bring me here a clerk, few couriers, postal pigeons, Natasha, General Kutuzov and Aunt Marusia."

"Ermmm.. Excuse me My Lady, I understood everything, but who is this Aunt Marusia?"

"She is my beloved nanny, Boris. She lives in St.Petersburg."

"But why would you need your old nanny if I am allowed to ask, Princess?"

"Well, I am quite hungry and would really enjoy some pancakes with honey and forest fruits that Aunt Marusia is so good at making them! "Can you make pancakes, Boris?"

"Nope, My Lady..."

"Then move on and get me what I asked you for, we have a lot of work to do today!"

Comment

NEANDER FACE EXTINCTION!!

Horse captain blamed...
                              The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

"Hey! Boris! Tell me good news!" The Princess was excited as a little kid, jumping around her closest officer. "From the letters and the strategic situation it was looking very promising that my plan for bringing an end to the war is about to succeed!"

"Boris! You start to worry me, whats going on, why you are mute as fish? Ohhh... let me guess - the Neandors have taken the peace, but you little devil - you try to scare me, right?"

Boris stood still with his eyes staring at some invisible point right in front of his face.

"OK, you got me - I am worried already, Now calm down my suspicions"

"I am so sorry, My Lady but I cant. From unconfirmed information, the Neandors are slaving like there is no tomorrow. It is obvious King Veneta rejected our ultimatum and is preparing to defend."

"Another overconfident fool with a crown..." Catherine said disappointed. She closed her eyes and tried to avoid the rivers of blood that came self-invited in her mind, but to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                                X