No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, it may prove slower, as it requires all the players to choose in specific order.
    http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• Actually I might be wrong about the anon breach, it might work like this: it generates a random order, you write in your name you will get your number 1->12, (so no one else would know) then the first picks first and the others wait for their turn. it is good, but it is slow.
      Makes swapping unnecessary/meaningless too: the first one can get any civ the last one will have to choose the last remaining civ and since no one chosed it yet it means that no one wants it .
      The system is still random, but it feels that if you got a high number you just got unlucky and got to choose later/last.

I think it's still easier to ask someone who is not playing to use the link i posted above to generate a random list and send each player a pm with his civ

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
        Actually I might be wrong about the anon breach, it might work like this: it generates a random order, you write in your name you will get your number 1->12, (so no one else would know) then the first picks first and the others wait for their turn. it is good, but it is slow.
        Makes swapping unnecessary/meaningless too: the first one can get any civ the last one will have to choose the last remaining civ and since no one chosed it yet it means that no one wants it .
        The system is still random, but it feels that if you got a high number you just got unlucky and got to choose later/last.
        Sounds good to me.
        http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• We can ask deity to just assign a civ to all of us.
          He can then keep the 'financial' rule in mind.

Let me just contact deity already to save time.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• ((Ozzy Edit))

just did this tres quickly, any good?
            Last edited by OzzyKP; June 16, 2011, 09:26.
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• We're still doing anonymous Deity. So don't post it in the forum.

I'll send the list to Robert. Though if you wanted to create a new list (that I won't see) then please send it to him via PM. Thanks! Really wish you were in this game!
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Thanks deity, can you maybe not let anybody know of the list and send a PM to the players telling which civ they are?
                Maybe with a new list?

That way every player only knows his own civ.
                It's a bit more time consuming for you though.....
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes just assign us civs and keep it all anonymous. Swapping just makes it complicated - enjoy the variety! And picking just makes the poor person who picks last feel badly done to. This way nobody has any excuse when they fall beneath the jack-boots of the priestly hordes of belgian dragoons ...

Comment

• Swapping I think is a good idea. No one has seen the map yet, it is just for flavor reasons. If one of the Bulgarians wants to play as Bulgaria... why not let them try? We won't know if they succeed though, so it'll still be anonymous. All the better.

Comment

• ok, i do it now. i did not think it was anon from a quick scan of the thread

sorry.
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Cyber - can you reduce that 90 sec wait between PM/s? I'm sending them now....
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• it is done!

you will all receive a pm that says the name of your civ, good luck all!
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Great, thanks Deity! Once we all get our anon accounts we can start discussing the swap. But lets take no more than a day.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Received my DoF civ and pleased with it..

How does it work with the DoF Forum accounts? Do we make them ourselves?

Comment

• I suppose Robert will make them for us, and should send the login info to Deity who will distribute them to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X