No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the time I invested into making that mod work, Toni damn well better be playing.

There were two people who really wanted to see that Bulgarian civ, they both need to play.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It will require redoing the map, but it's possible, yes. Might just shrink the map and move the starts around, or cut out a couple fertile areas, "climate change" and all, you know...

I'll wait on releasing names/civs for when we actually know what people/#civs we have. Then we can start.

Comment

• Hi, I'm still online and I am ready anytime to start the game. I made a stupid mistake to go in with another account

Comment

• I may be able to play. Thanks RP for chasing me down. Busy now but will have a look at what the plans are, mods etc. Sure it will be great, but obviously want to check what the deal is before commiting, but I'll get back to you tonight. Don't start yet, unless you are frightened ...

Comment

• Mods are really light. 2 added civs and the artwork/names of resources were changed (no gameplay change). Some new GP names. That's all.

Comment

• So, only waiting for Toni and dot80 now.
              Great The Priest, that you want to play!
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by The Priest View Post
                I may be able to play. Thanks RP for chasing me down. Busy now but will have a look at what the plans are, mods etc. Sure it will be great, but obviously want to check what the deal is before commiting, but I'll get back to you tonight. Don't start yet, unless you are frightened ...
                We'll wait for you. And it is diplo-light, so no stories. Should be less time consuming (I hope!).

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Yes I'm in. I've been playing only CiV for the last months though, so when I ask there the CS are, leave my cities without garrisons, or invade you with an army of units spread out one per tile, just laugh!

Interesting to read though the thread. Not quite sure I have followed where we are up to on how civs are allocated, but I would just go for completely random, with I suppose swaps if people want, but really we can't all have our favourites, change is good for us, so lets just go with what we get and enjoy the game. But thats probably already all sorted, so that's fine.

Before we launch be good to be clear on anonymity, accounts etc. I remember it being awkward in DoD when some people used PYT accounts, some Apolyton accounts and you didn't know which. Lets just have one system for communication outside in-game so everyone knows thats the way communication is done. If we don't have anonymous apoltyon accounts, though, there will be no way of saying publically 'hey that's not on', 'you double moved', 'i need a sub'. Maybe thats good, but need to think about it. If we do have anonymous apolyton, we don't use PYT messaging.

And yes, I would go for no stories. That seems harsh, but if you have them you do need anonymous apolyton accounts, and there is a strange inbalance of some storying lots and others not feeling that was what they signed up for. But one way or another, lets be clear.

Good to be using an Ozzy map - they're great in my experience, except for the unforgiveable ommission of no oil anywhere in the northwest of DoD leaving poor Babylon no way of fighting/surviving in the modern era except for martyrdom operations!

Its going to be good!

Comment

• This is actually mostly an Inca map. I made a few minor adjustments to land and resources and removed a lot of forest, but for the most part this is his work. I can't vouch for resource balance since I didn't take a look at that too much, but the map itself is gorgeous, he did a fantastic job.

Comment

• The resource balance was created such that all players should have an equal number of health and happiness and strategic resources in the area they can reasonably be expected to settle. The resources were allocated such that all players will have 4 of 1 resource, 3 of another, and so on, although the breakdown will be different for everyone. I tried to keep the resources fairly realistic in their locations, such that you can expect if you're Egypt that you will have a lot of papyrus and such, and if you're France (Gaul) you're likely to have cows and such, and the Romans/Greeks will have lots of olives, but I won't go into much more detail. I tried to balance the resources, knowing that not all are equal, so that some people won't have 4 gold, 3 silver, 2 gems, and 1 spices, while someone else has 4 spices, 3 whale, 2 silk, etc, but that was a bit difficult to get perfect, so there is a little asymmetry there.

Strategic resources have the core metals, etc, in close proximity to capitals, with horse and "wonder resources" out at equidistant points between players, in the hopes that it will create some conflicts and flashpoints for the game (as the map is otherwise fairly defensive for most civs).

My actual resource placement - where I put the cows and how I bunched them, etc - is what I'm unsure of and what I wanted Ozzy to tinker with, as I kind of suck at that aspect so, I hope he did a good job with moving them all around slightly.

Comment

• Sounds great, bring it on ... :-)

Comment

• i am ready.
                          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• No word yet from Toni or dot80.
                            It's time to start looking for alternatives.

Anybody knows anybody who would want to play in this game?

Comment

• Maybe ask the guys trying out that other diplo game?

Comment

• THat's not really a diplogame, it's just a pitboss game. But I've asked them anyway

edit: ah, those guys on WPC....!e

Comment

Working...
                                X