Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carthage (DoF) View Post
    Then I propose the following:

after the reload from Egypts autosave, Hungary may log in again, take his countermeasures and the western alliance will refrain (for one turn) from any offensive ground action on the unit stack in Debrecen.
    Is this some kind of favor? your units are not even range near Debrecen.. except those knigths but you would be stupid to sacrifice them..

Comment

• @Persia: yes, I had no casualties, but only b/c Bulgaria had already weakened most of your stack

@Everyone: 22 mech infantries are absolutely a lot more and better then 4 machine gunners, in general.
      But at that moment those 4 machine gunners stopped my 20-rifles stack as much as my 22 mechs now stop your 90-unit tank+other units stack.

This scale of this war is much larger, and therefore the upgrades have been more massive.
      Yet my upgrades will not save me while the upgrades of my enemies often saved them.

I am ok with a reload, though I think it's not very fair that it is being used against me, and then it was ok, but now I use it, and then it's a problem. But I can live with that. Life isn't fair
      I should just learn to not be that much of a nice guy Next game I'm not going to help any of my neighbors

@Carthage: let us not give cities to Greece. It's an AI nation we'd better get rid of. (But if you're going to give all of Hungary to Greece then I may step up to sub for Greece )

Comment

• Originally posted by Egypt (DoF) View Post
        Is this some kind of favor? your units are not even range near Debrecen.. except those knigths but you would be stupid to sacrifice them..
        Hahah... as I already said:
        the insidious, perfidious, crafty, mean, base, vile, dastardly, underhand, low, mean-spirited, low-down, dirty Westerners.

Comment

• Well it are units from my esteemed ally Rome.

But more can be done with them and some high tech support units as meets the eye..
          (but let's not go into that.. )

it is clear that you are the better persons if you guys agree to this approach

Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

PS. Be advised that just upgrading those units to infantry, won't be enough
            Maybe we should reload to before the moment that Portugal/Rome/Carthage thought that Egypt/Bulgaria/Hungary were 1 big block and they should destroy Hungary b/c of that, and then proceed with the much more interesting game with 4 blocks:
            - Egypt
            - Carthage/Rome
            - Bulgaria/Hungary
            - Portugal

(or even better: put Rome into the Portugal block)

But hey, that's an in-game observation

Comment

• Next game I'm not going to help any of my neighbors
              Oh, stop it, you. If you don't help others, who is going to come and help you when you need help most? Also, when I said Otto-Persia was looking for an alliance to conquer you too, it was the truth. So you fought for your nation too - separated we would have fallen to the huge modern Otto-Persian stack. And you did not lost a single units in this, as it was already mentioned few times. Imagine having your main stack anywhere in position right now, but instead of 100 Bulgarian units potentially rushing at your help, it was 100 hostile Otto-Persian units rushing to get your cities from the East

Comment

I hate it to be one of those better persons! Especially after being stabbed in the NAP back by 2 nations while at war with 2 other nations...! I'm so glad that I'm at peace with Greece now. I should consider becoming their vassal!

I think that we should continue the normal way. Reloading will always be unsatisfying to everyone, especially to the winner.
                But maybe we can reach a compromis: half of the infantries will be upgraded to mechs, not more, not less.

That's at least a bit more in line with earlier upgrades I had to face. (a bit!)
                Then from now on we all follow the rule to not give cities during wartime.
                And Rome gives up half his empire to Hungary b/c he would have lost it during the last war. (this point is negotionable)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulgaria (DoF) View Post
                  Oh, stop it, you. If you don't help others, who is going to come and help you when you need help most? Also, when I said Otto-Persia was looking for an alliance to conquer you too, it was the truth. So you fought for your nation too - separated we would have fallen to the huge modern Otto-Persian stack. And you did not lost a single units in this, as it was already mentioned few times. Imagine having your main stack anywhere in position right now, but instead of 100 Bulgarian units potentially rushing at your help, it was 100 hostile Otto-Persian units rushing to get your cities from the East
                  sssst, I'm playing the victim card.

Comment

• PS A city swap for air lift purposes falls into the same category .

Comment

• A city swap is a city swap.
                      Now answer the suggested compromis

Comment

• I think we are close to resolve this matter in a civilised manner. But of course Rome and Portugal have their say too (especially since most likely these upgrades will be used against them).

The airlift city swap has been done this turn twice..
                        so yes it is an obvious point, but still an important one.

Comment

I think to every one it is clear from the very beginning of all this that we are the better persons

Comment

• I can live with any decision.
                            What i think is fair and don't really abuse game mechanics is that we reload, don't do city swaps now and from now on and let's compensate Hungary with a real something.. like not attacking him for 1-2 turns and that includes not advancing. (they would not attack either) this is a compensation for the fact that his enemies had used this tactic and got stronger from it.
                            My votes in order of preference:
                            1,5-just reload
                            1,5-reload with 1-2 turn nap between hungary and his enemies
                            3-reload and less upgrades
                            4-don't reload but no more city swapping
                            5-don't reload and keep on swapping
                            Last edited by Egypt (DoF); March 21, 2012, 08:02.

Comment

• Hi all, well I got mixed feelings about the current situation. I feel for Hungary's situation. No one likes being invaded and lossing something he so hard worked to build. Being part of the invading force, those Machs are hideous. Seeing so many defending such an easy target just 24hrs ago. I feel that there is no wrong/right here. I would like all to be happy here, still we all know that at the end some should compromise. I personally will go with the flow here.

Comment

• I think reloading with giving 2 turns of no- advancing-no-attacking time to Hungary is the way to go and the "best gamewise" as it is fashion to be said lately

Comment

Working...
                                X