Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bulgaria (DoF) View Post
    S "if I go down, you are coming with me"
    This approach is definitely not good for diplo, yet it happens quite often.. the problem is that it's hard to define that at which point is it unreasonable to continue fighting.
    I of course can not say unbiased opinion, I think that the Bulgarian peace offer was fair (considering how smaller land they had before the war) and I think it is better to try striking back later than to go for an all out war with "all or nothing"..
    On the other hand ooc talks like this are also bad for diplo , and maybe it's too late anyway.. there is not much left but huge armies and big battles.

One IC promise though: If Persia uses advanced military to eventually force the Bulgarians to accept a less fair peace than that is offered to the Turks now, then Egypt will use even more advanced army in the Defense of Bulgaria...eventually..

How to interpret this statement I shall leave it to you
    Last edited by Egypt (DoF); September 24, 2011, 06:32.

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with massive battles! I'll be sure to post video if it comes to it, as it likely will. I haven't done a single proper story post in this game yet.

Comment

• This OOC complaining is very inappropriate. Bulgaria stabbed me in the back while my attention was focused in Egypt. Btw with how Egypt was gobbling up wonders & shooting ahead in tech the rest of you guys should thank me that I at least tried to knock them down a peg. While all of us Europeans fight amongst ourselves Egypt & Carthage are going to run away with this game.

But again, while I was trying to even things out for the good of the game, Bulgaria hit me. He only really won one battle. And it wasn't only a lopsided battle, he got very lucky as well. All the other cities he "captured" were because I pulled back my forces to regroup. It is very poor sportsmanship to walk into a bunch of empty cities and then whine OOC to try and avoid me from ever responding. Obviously everyone wants to make peace when they seem to have the upper hand, I understand that. But my military is intact, the only real battle I've lost is in Istanbul.

So quit whining Bulgaria and play the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoF) View Post
          Btw with how Egypt was gobbling up wonders & shooting ahead in tech the rest of you guys should thank me that I at least tried to knock them down a peg. While all of us Europeans fight amongst ourselves Egypt & Carthage are going to run away with this game.
          To this I can only quote:

Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoF) View Post
          This OOC complaining is very inappropriate.

btw all I do is just to try to keep up with Carthage

As for the rest, fair enough

Comment

• I am not complaining about the game I am just trying to make things easier for me to understand and for the other to thought about it - where is the tiny limit in the diplo-attitude and who is pushing it.

Also to make some facts clear, because even my allie thinks that you were pretty screwed as some myths are circling around - as how poor your lands are, how you have only 7 or 8 green tiles (Turkey have 30+ green flat lands, not counting those with special resources on them) and such. And I dont want the players who care for the diplo attitude to get the wrong impression about the actual situation and judge the participants wrong. Thats all

Otherwise, I am playing the game and not complaining about whats going on in it at all.

Comment

• Bulgaria. I understand. But don't worry. People know you being reasonable. But also understand Turkey has the right to carry on fighting if it wishes.

Often someone planning attack thinks it will go 1. I build up forces, they are foolishly weak (or weak here). 2. I attack and do well. 3. I offer fair peace. They agree to peace. Convenient script for the attacker - gains land without a long war. But loser doesn't have to follow that script. Loser entitled to think "you will pay a lot for that land". Often they realise 20 turns later, continuing war is costing them lots too, but that up to them.

You have done right think by offering reasonable peace. If they want war to continue - go for it. Our Lord and God RP says 'there are no rules just gentlemen'. Carry on attacking (if wish/have the strength) - conquer more cities if you can, make them see sense. Just make sure you keep offering a reasonable peace.

Your duty - offer a reasonable peace. They have no duty to accept, but if they don't can't complain about you carrying on attacking.

Comment

• INCA (DoE) WHY WILL YOU NOT DO WHAT EVERY OTHER PERSON PLAYING THIS GAME DOES - WHAT ALL AGREED TO - AND POST USING YOUR DoF ACCOUNT? YOU SPECIAL AND RULES DON'T APPLY TO YOU? YOU POST HERE LIKE YOU ARE PLAYING - ARE YOU IN DOF? IF SO USE ACCOUNT - IF NOT STOP WINDING THINGS UP - AND THE REST OF US HAVE RIGHT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE IN OR YOU ARE NOT WHEN YOU POST.

Comment

• Oh, attacking - this I know well.

And man, when you say it like this it sounds so clear and reasonable. Thanks for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portugal (DoF) View Post
                    Bulgaria. I understand. But don't worry. People know you being reasonable. But also understand Turkey has the right to carry on fighting if it wishes.

Often someone planning attack thinks it will go 1. I build up forces, they are foolishly weak (or weak here). 2. I attack and do well. 3. I offer fair peace. They agree to peace. Convenient script for the attacker - gains land without a long war. But loser doesn't have to follow that script. Loser entitled to think "you will pay a lot for that land". Often they realise 20 turns later, continuing war is costing them lots too, but that up to them.

You have done right think by offering reasonable peace. If they want war to continue - go for it. Our Lord and God RP says 'there are no rules just gentlemen'. Carry on attacking (if wish/have the strength) - conquer more cities if you can, make them see sense. Just make sure you keep offering a reasonable peace.

Your duty - offer a reasonable peace. They have no duty to accept, but if they don't can't complain about you carrying on attacking.
                    Taking my two most important cities that represent nearly half my economy is not reasonable. Certainly not reasonable for BEFORE we've even fought a major battle. Egypt and I fought a major battle. I lost. I really lost. Bulgaria has just been walking into a few lightly defended cities while I gather forces. We can talk peace when there is a winner and a loser. There isn't yet.

Comment

• We can talk peace when there is a winner and a loser. There isn't yet.
                      Ah, OK, this suits me perfect. I just felt some OOC heat is coming from somewhere and I heard many outright non-truths about the situation. This and the feelings of all involved I wanted to be clear. I just got the feeling you are desperate and want to keep fighting out of inevitability. Fighting, of course we will fight.

Comment

• @Ottoman Sorry if misunderstood details, but glad situation clearer for everyone. Turks not feeling unfairly treated just backstabbed and want to fight. Good luck to you - those Bulgarians sound like they deserve a kicking.

Comment

• Can I ask if some of you guys will be around in about 2 hours when the timer will be down to less than 2 hours, to pause the game if the Turks are not done with their turn? We are in close quarter war and I dont want to hear anymore "doublemoving" accusations.

Comment

• I've paused the game, don't really like it. When it's important people should have a general idea when they can play their turn so at least they could warn us beforehand. Now I can not be sure that the Turks could unpause it because of possible diplomacy screens.

Comment

• nvm. also, I didn't even see that I was at peace with Spain until now I thought they refused my peace offer as they always do.

turns out that the western front is at peace...
                              Last edited by France (DoF); September 25, 2011, 05:44.

Comment

• Next time no pause.. especially if the player himself did not ask for it..
                                Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

Working...
                                X